Pokemon Bank Celebi, and other Pokemon Link Injection! (using pkhex)

theSLAYER

Hello all!

Documenting this here to prevent off topic in events contribution thread.

How to get around doing this:

Programs you will need:

1. Pkhex

2. HXD (hex editor)

Note: Pokebank xxxxx.bin represents whichever Pokemon you are importing.

Here's my steps:

1. Open your save (usually main) with HXD [use a backup, and always make backups]

2. Open Pokebank xxxxx.bin with HXD

3. Copy all the data from Pokebank xxxxxx.bin (usually its CTRL+A then CTRL+C)

4. Paste overwrite the data into your save.

For X&Y, offset is 0x19FFF

For ORAS, offset is 0x20FFF

(CTRL+G to go to location, then CTRL+B at the location, usually)

5. Save your main

6. open main in your Pkhex

7. Make a simple change (shift a pokemon from one slot to another slot, or adding money. for example)

THIS STEP MUST BE DONE

8. Sav -> Checksum. make sure no error pops up

9. Export save, then import into game! (usually Savedatafiler)

10. At continue screen, go to Pokemon Link

11. Select "Yes" to retrieve data.

You should see "Data has been successfully retrieved from Pokemon Bank"!

If you don't reach this page, I have no idea how to help you..

Thanks to TwilightErik for this Glalie and Steelix Contributions!

I've edited the front of the files to include a "80".

The "80" is required for "Pokemon Link" to appear on the menu screen.

IMPORTANT NOTE

It seems that I could do repetition collections with the same Pokemon.

For some odd reason, none of the Glalie files work for me.

While the Glalie I got from Pokemon Link (Demo) collection worked once,

I can't collect Glalie again, while I could collect Steelix and Celebi multiple times.

Maybe it's because the first time I got Glalie, was without a Pokedex? Maybe some flag was set?

Also possible that actual Link sets a flag,

while injection Link doesn't set a flag, hence multiple collections because possible.

Let me know if Glalie works (or if other files didn't work).

Pokemon Link.zip

Pokemon Link.zip

Edited by theSLAYER

Don't you need Gateway too? I tried this with ramsav and it didn't work, producing eggs spread around box 1. With that I got the Celebii.

I don't know how ram2sav works, since I use gateway.

However, if you followed the instructions to the latter, to fix checksum and all, it will work well.

I am modifying the steps as we speak, so that it definitely works for all, including users who does not have Pokemon link enabled.

edit:

Steps modified, first post updated.

I tried this to get another Celebi and it didn't work, it just says I have nothing to pickup. My save had link enabled from getting BP from bank but had never got a actual Celebi since I received it on a old now deleted save.

I used this command to inject it

dd if=XY\ Celebi.bin of=main bs=1 seek=$((0x19FFF)) conv=notrunc

then shifted a Pokemon in pkhex and tried the checksums but it just said the save was edited and cannot check integrity but other then not getting another Celebi it still loaded fine and played.

I tried this to get another Celebi and it didn't work, it just says I have nothing to pickup. My save had link enabled from getting BP from bank but had never got a actual Celebi since I received it on a old now deleted save.

I used this command to inject it

dd if=XY\ Celebi.bin of=main bs=1 seek=$((0x19FFF)) conv=notrunc

then shifted a Pokemon in pkhex and tried the checksums but it just said the save was edited and cannot check integrity but other then not getting another Celebi it still loaded fine and played.

I actually do not know how to use those commands,

but perhaps can you try following the exact steps that I have specified, just to be sure :)

Also use the file I linked, since I changed it from the ones posted after.

Is it normal to get a Glalie with "Met Level: 127"?

don't think so.

every other pokemon normal?

• 2 weeks later...
So i can't get the Steelix to work, it just shows up blank.

Like, it says i have data to transfer, but the box is empty, and when i check my pokeboxes, the is no steelix. any idea?

I got the feeling you received Steelix (officially) before, before doing this.

Am I right?

I got the feeling you received Steelix (officially) before, before doing this.

Am I right?

Nope, I didn't. It lets me accept the data from pokelink, but there is no data to receive it seems. like when i do it glalie, it shows that you are getting him when you accept it. but when i try with steelix, it doesn't show him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm fairly new here. I've been trying to do this for quite some time now and I still can't pull it off.

First off, I don't have Pokemon Link on my game and I've been depositing different Pokemon and keeping them in my Bank for quite some time now and I still can't receive any BP/Miles, thus, I can't activate the Pokemon Link option.

Second, I did everything in the list, although I couldn't checksum AFTER moving Pokemon to a different slot/adding money, so I just checksum'd and exported the SAV. The end product was that my Wonder Cards were messed up, since apparently, copy+pasting to the offset in X/Y had overwritten part of my Wonder Cards, and in-game, the Mystery Gift lady appears, giving me a Pokemon Egg which I practically can't receive (I can receive it but it just vanishes/is invisible to me). Any help?

Hi! I'm fairly new here. I've been trying to do this for quite some time now and I still can't pull it off.

First off, I don't have Pokemon Link on my game and I've been depositing different Pokemon and keeping them in my Bank for quite some time now and I still can't receive any BP/Miles, thus, I can't activate the Pokemon Link option.

Second, I did everything in the list, although I couldn't checksum AFTER moving Pokemon to a different slot/adding money, so I just checksum'd and exported the SAV. The end product was that my Wonder Cards were messed up, since apparently, copy+pasting to the offset in X/Y had overwritten part of my Wonder Cards, and in-game, the Mystery Gift lady appears, giving me a Pokemon Egg which I practically can't receive (I can receive it but it just vanishes/is invisible to me). Any help?

1. my method ignores Pokemon Link, as it "checks it" for you. I used them on a fresh game and it popped up.

2. it is okay if you cannot "checksum" AFTER moving. Just follow the procedure in that sense.

3. The fact that stuff appears changes vanishes sounds like you pasted into the wrong offset? makes no sense..

I'm trying to extract the three johto fully evolved starters... no luck at the moment. but I've been farming it.

Getting more than one set of Johto Starters

1) go to pokebank and the lady says I have my three pokemon gift in pokemon link

2) go into game (i see May) and saved the game

3) activated rsavout to get ramsav

4) SR the game, went to pokemon link and three pokemon are said to be in my boxes. went to game and save.

5) Transfered those three into my pokebank.

6) went to browser and activated rsavin, went to pokemon link and three new johto appears. Put those again to pokebank. To get more just activate ramsavin again, repeat process

Edit: Oh twilight found it already ehhe!

ramsav.bin offset Pokemon Link Injection XY 0x1CF9F

ramsav.bin offset Pokemon Link Injection ORAS 0x1E05B

Here is the Pokebank xxxxx.bin of the three Johto events via pokemon bank

To get the hex code to work

1) Get Johto.bin (aka Pokeban xxxxx.bin)

2) Get your own ramsav

3) Use Hex edit and open both Johto.bin and ramsav

4) In the ramsav: find offset

0x1E05B (in ORAS)

0x1E05B (in XY)

5) In the Johto.bin: copy all of it

6) Paste (Ctrl + B) to ramsav offset from step 4

7) Save ramsav to SD. Go to game, then to browser to activate rsavin. Save the game, then Soft Reset.

8) Go to pokemon link and collect the johto starters. (Time to farm it. Please see "step 6" on getting more than one set)

Edited by Chamdee
found the hex pokebank code

Well this topic is only for pokemon link... Any other injection info will have to be answered somewhere else. Sorry i don't know where or how to look for that in the hex code. Maybe have a before and after ramsav of changing BP or pokemiles by pkhex will shine some light into your quest?

Well, the pokemon link feature isn't only for pokemon, that feature is used to receive other kind of things, which are pokemiles/battlepoints from the bank. It is rather pointless since we can edit that on the savegame, but interesting nonetheless imho

Ok, I've gotten the pokemon link bin file for pokemon bank pokemiles.

I've also found that it is a very simple file, there's only the title of the pokemon bank app and the number of pokemiles to be received. The value is at 0x4A3 (on the 2631 byte long bin files we are using) and is probably two bytes long (or else the maximum number would be 255).

The last two bytes (again, on the 2631 byte long bin files we are using) are a CRC16/CCITT checksum. I don't know if you already knew that, but with this information editing these pokemon link files is possible.

If someone is willing to test I can upload a file with 3000 pokemiles (for example) to look for the correct offsets.

I'll get some ramsavs for battle points and check the offset were they are stored on the link files.

EDIT: it probably is only one byte after all, it seems that the maximum number of pokemiles per day obtainable if the bank has 3000 pokemon is 99 (or 10 battle points), but trying might be worth it (nintendo tends to use 4 byte variables for 32 byte aligment)

EDIT2: seems I can't get pokemiles/BP until tomorrow, if someone dumps his ramsav after collecting battle points and posts it it'd be great.

EDIT3: battle points are stored at 0x4A1, I still don't know if the variable is 1, 2, 3 or 4 bytes long, as I'm not willing to mingle with my cartridges since ram2sav isn't a 1:1 copy and restore of the cartridge's savegame. If someone offers to test I can provide some injection files for testing the Battle Points / Pokemiles. This is more out of curiosity than usefulness, since pkhex can directly edit the battle points/ pokemiles.

EDIT4: Here's a link to the files for battlepoints/pokemiles injection if someone is interested. http://www.mediafire.com/download/bjgnae7gyykd159/BP_PM_injection.zip

Edited by suloku