Final Fantasy V 3DS & Final Fantasy VI 3DS

Would you buy FF5 3DS and FF6 3DS?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy FF5 3DS and FF6 3DS?

• Yes!
    • Only Final Fantasy V 3DS.
    • Only Final Fantasy VI 3DS.
    • No.

We all know Square Enix created remakes of Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV for the DS. In my own opinion, I think they were better than the originals, with my only disappointment being that the Onion Knight class in FF3 DS wasn't the default job. (Although, it did gain the ability to cast all White and Black Magic, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.) Anyways, since FF4 DS, a lot of fans have been waiting for a FF5 DS and FF6 DS. Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind. Since Nintendo revealed the 3DS, Square Enix would (without a doubt) be remaking FF5 and FF6 on the 3DS... If they plan to remake them anyways. Now for the main question...

Would you buy Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI if Square Enix would remake them on the 3DS?

Don't be afraid to discuss how epic these games would be on the 3DS. lol ~STBE

I never really understood why people praise FF4 DS's difficulty. I had my Battle Speed set on 1 and the ATB system set on Active and it was still easy. I guess people didn't use the Augment system correctly? I found Augments to be fairly "broken", making the game very easy. An example is Rosa with Dualcast and Omnicasting. I'm able to cast Blink and Haste on all my party in just ONE TURN. You have no idea how easy that made Behemoth fights (and fights in general) throughout the game. I'm all up for a difficulty boost, but I hope they don't add something to make up for it. Maybe they could add a couple new "bonus" Espers in FF6 3DS, but that's it. I'm not sure how they would make up for a difficulty boost in FF5 3DS, but a semi-difficult game would be well liked in my eyes. ~STBE

yeah, i didn't do much grinding (i did a lot of running) so i wasn't as leveled as I'd like, I was always running low on MP, and i really sucked with augments on my first runthrough. it's not really delightful for someone who doesn't know how to use augments on their first playthrough.

I can understand how overwhelming the Augment system can be. I honestly was confused with it until about my third or so playthrough that I was able to use them and distribute them correctly. lol

On the topic of FF6, I would REALLY welcome a difficultly boost if it was remade. I've only played through it ONCE and beat it very easily without using a single Esper in-battle (I still equipped them for Stat boosts and gaining Magic, but never summoned them in a battle). I also didn't use a single status buff or glitch to help me (Protect, Shell, Invis, the X-Zone trick, etc.). Even though I'll most likely level grind in the Dinosaur Forest (like I did in the SNES version before the final dungeon) to get all of my characters to Level 99 and teach them all the game's Magic, I would still like a difficulty boost to make the game more enjoyable. ~STBE

I figured as much. lol I beat the later parts of the game using the Meltdown trick. You entire party spams Meltdown with all but one of them equipped with Flame Shields and the remaining one with the Paladin Shield so you absorb Meltdown, and damage the enemy. When I grinded, I equipped Magic boosting Espers, which made Meltdown ridiculously powerful with all my characters, not to mention the fact I was at Level 99. Add the Gem Box relic ("Soul of Thamasa" in some releases), I was able to usually do 9000+ damage to every enemy and heal 9000+ HP to every party member FIVE TIMES in one round of attacking. lol Ah, I love it when my characters become ridiculously over-powered. :D ~STBE

EDIT: darklord, buy Final Fantasy IV for the DS and play it. You'll be hooked to the series instantly. 'Nuff said. ~STBE

yeah i did... none of that. i find FF can be easy by just spamming attack, although sometimes i have to use something else. i used ultima and dualcast with the relic that halves MP cost (idk where to get the celestriad) a lot in my first runthrough, though.

well I played FF-III, that's what got me hooked on the series. It was a VERY cold winter, and an Ice Storm had knocked the power out. I decided to play a game my friend let me borrow, and damn was it great! Afterwords I played I&II, hated II, liked I. Then I played IV, and loved it more than III. I was slightly miffed briefly by not choosing job classes, but the ones they gave me where fine, and Augments were just plain broken. (On my third playthrough, I literally beat most of the game by leaving Auto-Battle on, including the final boss) I would definately pick up 5 and 6, simply to keep on playing the series.

• 7 months later...