Hyper Offence Team

memjee

I'm used to switching defensive standard teams, with good synergy.

But I thought I'd make a hyper offensive team base on Kamikazing.

All at the same time playing at my pace not the opponents.

Azelf @ Focus Sash

Info: Suicide Lead

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock

- Explosion

- Psychic

- Fire Blast

Info: Standard lame lead but it gets the Job done, why I would use this lead is for it's explosion, to keep the pace fast.

---

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers

Info: Sub Passer Sponge

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef

- Thunderbolt

- Substitute

- Baton Pass

- Hidden Power [ice]

Info: The first part of my amazing Duo. It also sub passes everyone, in which everyone here can benefit from it. Despite fragile defenses it's longevity is top notch, surviving many attacks because of Substitute, volt absorb, leftovers and high speed.

---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers

Role: Physical Sweeper

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Bounce

- Earthquake

- Waterfall

Info: The Second part of my amazing Duo, both are immune to each others main weaknesses. If everything goes off right for me, Jolteon with a Sub... baton passes to Gyarados and dodges an deadly earthquake. Then I dragon dance till my sub dies.

---

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry

Ability: Torrent

Role: Special Sweeper

EVs: 12 HP/12 Def/234 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Agility

- Substitute

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

Info: My favorite pokemon and the strongest sweeper (Imo), standard set for it, this thing wreck absolute havoc when fully set up, and setting it up isn't that hard. Doing 40% with hydro pump to a blissey once is a testament to it's strength.

---

Gengar (M) @ Expert Belt

Role: Suicider

EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Shadow Ball

- Focus Blast

- Thunderbolt

- Explosion

Info: My designated suicider, I explode on whichever pokemon I think might cause me trouble.. SB, FB and TB for good coverage.

---

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb

Role: Wall Breaker

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

- Fire Blast

- Grass Knot

- Nasty Plot

- Close Combat

Info: The trump card under my sleeve. I fall prey to blissey, skarmory, gliscor, hippodon etc. As long as my opponent has blissey it unlocks this pokemons hidden potential. I switch to Infernape, the blissey often runs away to it's defensive wall counterpart. That's when I nasty plot and my opponent realizes he got trapped. Sometimes he switches back to blissey only to get 1HKO from close Combat.

---

This team is suicidal, attacking until it dies. Bringing on the next counter until it dies as well. Baton Passing helps them set up, as my pokemon just need one free turn to set up.

Alot of this sets are standard but the way I play them is different.

I'm used to switching defensive standard teams, with good synergy.

But I thought I'd make a hyper offensive team base on Kamikazing.

All at the same time playing at my pace not the opponents.

Azelf @ Focus Sash

Info: Suicide Lead

EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

- Stealth Rock

- Explosion

- Psychic

- Fire Blast

Info: Standard lame lead but it gets the Job done, why I would use this lead is for it's explosion, to keep the pace fast.

---

Mmkay, let's see. This is your standard Azelf Lead. It's been a favorite of many people for quite a long time. I've seen them used in nearly every battle, and because of this, many people pack a numerous amount of anti-leads. Now, there aren't a huge number of pokemon who can outspeed you, especially from the get-go. One Problem you may encounter is Trick-Scarf Leads. You go for rocks, and get stuck with that move. Thankfully though, Azelf can switch out and abuse it's new found speed later on. Watch out, Tyranitar completely obliterates you. Resists two of your attacks, and is immune to the other. A well placed Pursuit and your gone.

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers

Info: Sub Passer Sponge

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef

- Thunderbolt

- Substitute

- Baton Pass

- Hidden Power [ice]

Info: The first part of my amazing Duo. It also sub passes everyone, in which everyone here can benefit from it. Despite fragile defenses it's longevity is top notch, surviving many attacks because of Substitute, volt absorb, leftovers and high speed.

---

So your going for the Jolteon and Gyarados Offensive Core. With near Perfect Synergy, not alot can get in your way. The problem with this Core though, is Skarm Bliss completely walls it. Not only that, but a Skarmory vs Heatran can start juggling your team around with Whirlwind. Of course it will switch to Blissey as soon as you get back to Jolteon, but it has already scouted many members of your team, and putting you at a disadvantage when it comes to playing mindgames. I see you have Mixnape later on though, so this weakness is covered.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers

Role: Physical Sweeper

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Bounce

- Earthquake

- Waterfall

Info: The Second part of my amazing Duo, both are immune to each others main weaknesses. If everything goes off right for me, Jolteon with a Sub... baton passes to Gyarados and dodges an deadly earthquake. Then I dragon dance till my sub dies.

---

Your standard DD-Dos. Might I ask why you choose Bounce? It's a completely terrible move, it takes sero prediction for your opponent to bring in a counter. I reccomend Ice Fange, nearly the same coverage, handles the likes of Gliscor better, and has better accuracy. It even has a Hax factor to help with it's lackluster power, even though with enough DD's you'll be all set.

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry

Ability: Torrent

Role: Special Sweeper

EVs: 12 HP/12 Def/234 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Agility

- Substitute

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

Info: My favorite pokemon and the strongest sweeper (Imo), standard set for it, this thing wreck absolute havoc when fully set up, and setting it up isn't that hard. Doing 40% with hydro pump to a blissey once is a testament to it's strength.

---

I have used Agilisubpoleon on numerous occasions, and it is quite the effective sweeper. Keep in mind though that you are walled by most any bulky waters, such as Vaporeon or Suicune (Especially the latter in the form of CroCune) I would reccomend squeezing Grass Knot on there somewhere, if you ditch Sub, I reccomend going with Life Orb in it's place.

Gengar (M) @ Expert Belt

Role: Suicider

EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk

- Shadow Ball

- Focus Blast

- Thunderbolt

- Explosion

Info: My designated suicider, I explode on whichever pokemon I think might cause me trouble.. SB, FB and TB for good coverage.

---

Okay then, more or less your standard Gengar, you really should be using ScarfGar or Specsgar. Trust me when I say that the little extra power/speed is very much needed for Gar. Exploding is fun, but watch out for enemy ghosts, they can ruin you, if they are scarfed (and you aren't) you'll be in for a hurting. A relatively nice pokemon though, especially with it's good coverage.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb

Role: Wall Breaker

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

- Fire Blast

- Grass Knot

- Nasty Plot

- Close Combat

Info: The trump card under my sleeve. I fall prey to blissey, skarmory, gliscor, hippodon etc. As long as my opponent has blissey it unlocks this pokemons hidden potential. I switch to Infernape, the blissey often runs away to it's defensive wall counterpart. That's when I nasty plot and my opponent realizes he got trapped. Sometimes he switches back to blissey only to get 1HKO from close Combat.

---

Well this guy is commonly seen on Hyper Offense teams. You always want one mixed attacker, and Infernape is one of the best. I have zero complaints about this particular pokemon. Watch out for Gliscor though, it might not be faster, but it can survive a hit and KO you with Earthquake.

This team is suicidal, attacking until it dies. Bringing on the next counter until it dies as well. Baton Passing helps them set up, as my pokemon just need one free turn to set up.

Alot of this sets are standard but the way I play them is different.

I noticed some minor errors. Such as Offence (Pretty sure it's Offense), and Kamakazi (Actually Kamikaze [Kah-mee-kah-zay] Japanese for "Divine Wind") On a pokemon related note, It would almost seem like you've missed some crucial aspects of Hyper Offense. Where is your Choice Scarf Pokemon? as well as a Choice Band. You should have one of each if you are running Hyper Offense, the entire point is to Obliterate your opponents as fast as possible, without giving them the chance to do anything in return. It feels like you might have missed that point, otherwise, it's a good team, just not quite Hyper Offense.

A few notes to remember also, is that you have no priority moves. This will severely dampen your chances for success if you opponent manages to set up a sweep. I believe it takes gyara only 1 or 2 DD's to outspeed your team, and run right through it. To rectify this, at least in part, run a good priority abuser like Lucario or Scizor. I think that's all I have to say about this team. Also, to help with the team rating process, it hellps to include lengthy paragraphs on how the pokemon fights, as well as many scenario's it's been in, it shows us you've actually battled with it, and you will also be able to tell us it's weakpoints, for fixing.7/10

I guess it can't really be called a hyper "offense" (I'm canadian I follow the british spelling) team. That's for the review, it's rare to get a legimate good review.

- I'll replace Ice Beam with Grass Know on my Empoleon

- I'll try to squeeze a priority move in, on infernape maybe?

- I'll contemplate making Gengar choiced.

- Though my Jolteon helps greatly, the way he plays stops my team wrong being truly called "hyper offence" I might spec him.

I guess it can't really be called a hyper "offense" (I'm canadian I follow the british spelling) team. That's for the review, it's rare to get a legimate good review.

- I'll replace Ice Beam with Grass Know on my Empoleon - Good move, just watch out for flygon, though with an active petaya and an agility you should be good. Grass knot might not work as good as you hope, just remember that. Nasty plot grass knot from Infernape doesn't OHKO Suicune, and neither will Empoleon.

- I'll try to squeeze a priority move in, on infernape maybe? - No. While it can work, you'd be tossing away a vital move which ever you do try to throw away. Unless of course you completely change its dynamic and make it a physically based wall breaker with Swords Dance/ Mach Punch/ Filler/ Over heat. This could work pretty well as most teams do only carry the one physical wall, and they are usually scarm or Forry, Over heat should take those out and after they are gone you won't really be bothered about the SpA Drop.

- I'll contemplate making Gengar choiced. - While I don't like scarfed Gengar, it can be a really beasting beast being able torevenge kill almost anything. So scarfed could be a great choice.

- Though my Jolteon helps greatly, the way he plays stops my team wrong being truly called "hyper offence" I might spec him. - Fully do this. Watch out for other jolteon though :/. If you give it a free switch in with Tbolt there is nothing on your team that can stay in longer than two turns against it.

As for the actual team that's posted up there:

Azelf:

Ttar and hippowdon leads laugh in his face though they are swiftly dealt with by Infernape and empoleon. Don't try to set empoleon up infront of hippowdon, as many carry roar. Scarfed Gengar would remove your Trickscarf problem. And aero.. well Aero is aero nothing you can do there :/.

Jolteon:

Check the quite above.

Gyarados:

SubDance + Bounce gyara works surprisingly well, however milking it for its stab attack really doesn't mean much when it lacks the sub. So I agree with sebata - give it ice fang or stone edge. I would say ice fang for Gliscor, as jolteon really wants gliscor eliminated.

Empoleon:

SubPetaya Empoleon is a beast for sure. Though it always has the problem of never really being able to get that perfect coverage from two attacks. Grass Knot is a good choice over Ice Beam, seeing as the dragons it feared are no longer around. Watch out for breloom however. Though, Behind a sub breloom isn't going to do a whole lot. Most Suicune variants will jump at the chance to set up on you, and if you haven't got the petaya activated, then they will do and I can't see much on your team being abl to bring it down once it has a couple three CM's under its belt. Just be aware of that.

Gengar:

Slap a scarf on it and revenge kill the world. Can't really see any problems there. You may want to throw hypnosis on there to aid Empoleon or gyaras set up.

Infernape:

Infernape is my favourite wall breaker, and I think the set you have is quite possibly its best set. I hate infernape, but jesus it does the job :D.

I do agree that a priority spammer could really help the team out but finding the spot for it is pretty tricky :/. I'll get back to you if I can think of any thing :).... I thought of something. Check the quote box above if you haven't already.

Cool team.