Zune/MP3s and iPod

Greencat

I've heard Zune/MP3s has some features the iPods don't and vice-versa.

Which do you think is better and why?

I personally think iPods are better due their exclusive abilities. One talks to you and is smaller than a finger. Nano is clean, contains useful features and accelerometer integrated. Classic contains loads of memory and a large screen, but it's too thick IMO. iTouch is really advance with its online capabilities, touch screen, games, app store and more.

I personally use a SanDisk Sansa I got off Woot for real cheap. I used to use an old generation of the iPod and would like to get a new one at some point, but it's just out of my reach currently.

As long as I'm not forced to use iTunes to load any songs onto an mp3 player, I'm okay with it. :P

I've heard Zune/MP3s has some features the iPods don't and vice-versa.

Which do you think is better and why?

I personally think iPods are better due their exclusive abilities. One talks to you and is smaller than a finger. Nano is clean, contains useful features and accelerometer integrated. Classic contains loads of memory and a large screen, but it's too thick IMO. iTouch is really advance with its online capabilities, touch screen, games, app store and more.

A Zune is a type of MP3 player.

So is an iPod.

I personally think the Touch is the only good iPod.

Any other iPod can be shoved out onto the street and placed in the gutter where it belongs.

There are so many better, and cheaper, alternatives.

iPod Shuffle: Sansa Clip

iPod Nano: Creative Zen

iPod Classic: Archos 605

Also, please note, PMPs are one of my strong-suits.

iPod. I'm not saying it because they're popular or whatever. A couple years back I decided I wanted something to be able to watch .hack on....so I decided I was going to save up and buy an 80gig. Well, months later with half of the money saved, on December 28th, I was surprised with a 30gig iPod. To this day I have not once had to replace it, or the case it's been in.

It's been almost 3.5 years now, and my iPod has maybe 3 scratches in it total. It goes everywhere with me, and has been dropped and thrown and whatever else many many times and it's still in great condition.

I don't much like iTunes, but I'm not about to complain because it was a gift. I believe I have maybe 10gig total or even less than that on my iPod so far. (I never did get .hack onto it...my dvd converter does nothing but crash when you try to convert)

Anyways, my iPod has sustained many many things and survived. I have friends who go through a new mp3 player every 2 months or so because they die or they break or something. As long as iTunes continues to work with my now-getting-old precious, I will continue to use it.

If I recall right, iTunes doesn't give you as many rights to a song as buying a CD. For example, you can only burn a certain song so many times before it disables. You also need to enter your password to "Unlock" a song for use. So, I don't like iTunes limitations to much. =/

I've had the 1st Gen Shuffle, 1st Gen Nano (Given to my Mom now), 4th Gen (Video Player one with accelerometer) Nano (Given to my Sister-in-law now) and now I have an iPhone 3G.

I've had an iPod Touch and a Zune. I, personally, prefer my Zune. The audio quality seems much better than what I had on the Touch, and I like not having to take off my gloves (or use my tongue >.<) to scroll through music in the winter. (Gloves + iPod scroll wheel/touch screen =/= music D: )

And the Zune is much more simple than an iPod, there aren't many other programs on it that clog up your memory. While I do miss the iTouch's ability to surf the web and such, I have an MP3 player to play, you know, MP3s. I guess it's my same issue with texting. Phones are for calling, not typing on a little keyboard that takes five times longer to use than just dialing my number to say "Hey. Sup?" >.<

MP3 players. I'm a nostalgic person. People now go "hey, what's a tape player?" Believe it or not, I use a tape player... a LOT. Then there's those record players... and now people might even go "What's a CD player?" My my my, how time flies...

My brother's the polar opposite. He likes the iTouch he recently got and plays with it a lot.

I have a 30 gig iPod Video, the 5.5g one with the brighter screen. I, personally, don't agree with Minamimoto, I've had my iPod for a few years, and I'm typing this on a 5-year-old PowerBook G4. So, uhh... Yeah, I like iPods better, and I like Macs better. I think Apple is superior to Microsoft, Dell, HP, etc. etc. etc. Besides, I'm using a Mac, I have another Mac for school right beside me (a much newer, 6 or 7 month old MacBook), and I have a PC about 10 feet away for compatibility. Oh yeah, and this Mac is slow, so I generally play games on the PC, unless I'm supposed to be doing my homework. Then I would play games on this. :P I'm suprised my parents don't know how much I procrastinate. :rolleyes:

EDIT: By the way, I just finished my homework, so I can do what I want now. :P

I own a 60 Gig iPod video, now those things can stand some serious hits (for example) mine fell from a 2 floor (definitely NOT on purpose, just an accident) , hit every damn step and Mint (yeah that's what I call my iPod) still intact.

And about Zune, well haven't toyed one around but I heard it's not so popular

Edit: Oh yeah! iTunes is kinda PIA but oh well...

• 5 weeks later...

^ Yes, but you can also change what format you download from the itunes store. I generally have mine switched to MP3, like any regular cd. I forget how to change it though, I think my dad did it for me last...not that I use the store often.

Besides, ripping direct from cds is the best way to go! No conflicts with any of the stores then :]

Probably the only thing i like about iTunes is the Visualizer ...pretty colours.

is there anything portable device that supports that feature i assumed a iPod product would maybe some 3rd developer has released something similar

Also typing on the iPhone/iPod Touch, then typing on a actual keyboard, it felt like heaven.