Pokémon Colosseum

Greencat

Which was more of a help to you?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which was more of a help to you?

• Espeon
    • Umbreon
    • Other (Please Comment)

What exactly more help? more battling capabilities, helping out catching Pokemon, or both, not so sure, but i do like Umbreon, it seems more dark, and awesome, but to me Espeon kinda looks strange, and i always hated Espeon for killing my Machamp in Firered era.

Espeon was faster and I thought I remember using it for Reflect and/or Light Screen which is great in a game like that where you need longevity. You can set it up really quickly. Also, I feel like there were a lot of poison and fighting type pokemon in Colosseum, so fast, psychic attacks really came in handy.

Both of them helped me a LOT, i mean, even through the 100-man streak.Even though my Espeon was like level 85 and my umbreon was level 72, they still each contributed greatly (I had this tactic that I basically called "The Switch". I would use Espeon's Psychic move on one opponent and Umbreon's Faint Attack on another.) Amazingly, it cuts the opponent HP down to a little past half (most of the time) yet afterwards I switch the opponents that my Espeon and Umbreon are attacking. (I let Umbreon attack the Pokemon that Espeon just attacked, and same thing for Espeon) It ACTUALLY works! In one hit from each of my pokes, it faints the opposing Pokemon (plural)!Try it out! And yes, I think Espeon helped me the most. Done and done.

Espeon for me as well. I've played through Colosseum several times, I hardly ever used Umbreon once I got another pokemon, like Flygon. Don't get me wrong, I love Umbreon, he's usually always on my team at some point in the handheld games, as long as he's been EV trained and has a good nature and moveset. But with Colosseum, Espeon all the way. Confusion usually one-shotted everything, if it didn't, it would be taken out the next turn.

In terms of looks, I can't decide. .-. I've always loved Umbreon, and shiny version is AMAZING.

dpmfsa197.png

Whereas the shiny version of Espeon... Is odd, to say the least. >.<

dpmfsa196.png

I may be a bit of a hippie, but there is a line that cannot be crossed when it comes to colors, and that line wasn't only crossed, but beaten with a stick. D: At least, it was to me.

All in all, Espeon > Umbreon, at least in Colosseum.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Espeon helped me more too bad that Umbreon if more of an defensive type. Espeon was always 3 levels more, because it got me out of tight spots the moonlight Pokemon got defeated in. I actually left them in my first save in Colosseum and deleted them.

That stinks but Espeon did the same for me I only trained Umbreon because it looks cooler in my opinion.

Espeon was much more useful. It's faster than Umbreon and lots of stuff seems to have lacked special defence, too bad Espeon can't take many hits before going down. Umbreon's more sturdy

As i stated above, i liked both of them from that save. (Farewell until we meet again in paradise:frown:)

Aside from that. I prefer Espeon for its offensive powers. I was a bit of a strategist then so Umbreon had its moments of getting me out of messes, not that many but did.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...