Water Vs Fire!!

pokemonfan

Which is better water or fire type pokemon?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better water or fire type pokemon?

• Fire types, duh!
    • Water types rule!

Ok, there has always been this age long debate about which is better. Now, in relation to pokemon which types are better water types or fire types. Forget the fact that water types can own fire types naturally (I'm bias towards water) and please back up your reasoning. I personally like the water types.

Water: Cool calm and collected. Somewhat like me although not always.

Fire:Hot, furious, and uncontrollable. Not something I look for in a pokemon.

Piplup, squirtle, mudkip, and totodile are all absolutely adorable.

Gyarados is amazingly cool looking and strong

Floatzel is so fast and buizel is cute

aqua jet, hydropump, surf, and hydro cannon are some of the coolest moves!

Water pokemon own!

I've always been bias towards water anything. If ever it was elements my fave was always water.

Back up your decision!

Help your side win the age long battle between water and fire!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water can put out fires. Water doesn't need anything to "stay" there, unlike fire where it needs to consume something flammable. Fire is also a form of energy and can boil water, but water eventually turns to a cloud and rains down. So it depends.

I'm talking about pokemon, like infernape over X water type something like that. What pokemon sways you to prefer fire over water or what pokemon swerves you to prefer water over fire then back up your reasoning. I know that water would naturally destroy fire but I'm talking pokemon...

Water types because they're better aesthetically... although I say Ninetales looks better than some of the other water Pokemon. Also, water Pokemon are almost necessary in anyone's team... they support, heal, sweep... they play so many roles... as opposed to fire, which is just hit and sweep... just don't get hit... but just hit and sweep.

Well if you have ever watch Avatar: Legend of Aang book: Fire

you would of known that Fire isn't actually suppose to be used like that Fire can also be used as art or warmth even survival it's what people's actions that give Fire a bad name

Hmm Water, or Fire, it depends, sometimes Fire can be so hot like White colored Fire, could probably evaporate Water, but Water can put it out, depending on intensity of the flames, like in some cases, water can even make the flames bigger.

Well if you have ever watch Avatar: Legend of Aang book: Fire

you would of known that Fire isn't actually suppose to be used like that Fire can also be used as art or warmth even survival it's what people's actions that give Fire a bad name

Hmm Water, or Fire, it depends, sometimes Fire can be so hot like White colored Fire, could probably evaporate Water, but Water can put it out, depending on intensity of the flames, like in some cases, water can even make the flames bigger.

I've seen the show (actually all the episodes) and that is just well ridiculous. Fire is destructive and powerful nothing more. However, I guess if used correctly....I still choose water katara's water bending was really cool and water type pokemon are awesome!

im voting fire because there are millions (well lots anyway) of water pokemon, fire can take down steels which seem to be quite popular, theres no added effect that is purely water type, fire has burn, will o whisp/burns can eat through a team that is not prepared for it, ive found that most people prefer other pokemon and fire seem a bit neglected and therefore some people may not prepare there teams accordingly.

yes ok waters own fires, but fires own grass and grass own waters, its all balanced out so personal preference is what its all about here.

LONG LIVE FIRES!

Ok, there has always been this age long debate about which is better. Now, in relation to pokemon which types are better water types or fire types. Forget the fact that water types can own fire types naturally (I'm bias towards water) and please back up your reasoning. I personally like the water types.

Water: Cool calm and collected. Somewhat like me although not always.

Piplup, squirtle, mudkip, and totodile are all absolutely adorable.

Gyarados is amazingly cool looking and strong

Floatzel is so fast and buizel is cute

aqua jet, hydropump, surf, and hydro cannon are some of the coolest moves!

Water pokemon own!

I've always been bias towards water anything. If ever it was elements my fave was always water.

Back up your decision!

Help your side win the age long battle between water and fire!

"Water: Cool calm and collected. Somewhat like me although not always.

Fire:Hot, furious, and uncontrollable. Not something I look for in a pokemon."

These adjectives aren't fire and water, but use Fire and water as symbols to represent them.

To me that's an invalid argument.

i like water type pokemon. but comparing them to fire is quite unfair to fire, as we all know that fire is weak to water. and of course, it does not mean that fire is weak since fire have advantages to some other types that water lacks.. because in the poke world, it's a circular balance... just like the classic "rock-paper-scissors".. it's like comparing "scissors" against "paper", water being the "scissors" :) that's my POV, just sharing :)

i like water type pokemon. but comparing them to fire is quite unfair to fire, as we all know that fire is weak to water. and of course, it does not mean that fire is weak since fire have advantages to some other types that water lacks.. because in the poke world, it's a circular balance... just like the classic "rock-paper-scissors".. it's like comparing "scissors" against "paper", water being the "scissors" :) that's my POV, just sharing :)

I don't think we're comparing about who would win. It's about which do you like better... and most people I know like Fire because of their offensive nature. With the exception of Ninetales and Moltres, I find fire types too boring because they're always about hitting quickly and sweeping and die to Earthquake thing... somewhat like a mini-electric type (electrics are broken).

Water Pokemon all have different strategies because there's just plenty of them. Some are bulky, some can be sweepers, some can be supporters... I just like their varieties...

i said water because i have no fire typs in pearl well 1

It's just Ponyta and Chimchar... how boring is that?! Get Platinum... now! They give you Magmar, Houndoom... and Flareon as well as Rapidash and Infernape. The scarcity of fire types makes me wonder why that is the case...

"Water: Cool calm and collected. Somewhat like me although not always.

Fire:Hot, furious, and uncontrollable. Not something I look for in a pokemon."

These adjectives aren't fire and water, but use Fire and water as symbols to represent them.

To me that's an invalid argument.

I know, that is why it was not my only argument. Its just when I look at the elements in basic form I see destruction and violence, and I see healing powers. However, water type pokemon are strong in many ways, although your team can consist of all water type pokemon they could all be completely different and not all share the same weaknesses. There are ways to cover up weaknesses like quagsire's ice beam. Or ground type addition covering up an electric weakness. I'm just saying that. Also, when was the last time a fire type evolved and got a new type that covered up a significant weakness, like the ground addition to mudkip when it evolves. Huh? What do you have to say to that?

I know, that is why it was not my only argument. Its just when I look at the elements in basic form I see destruction and violence, and I see healing powers. However, water type pokemon are strong in many ways, although your team can consist of all water type pokemon they could all be completely different and not all share the same weaknesses. There are ways to cover up weaknesses like quagsire's ice beam. Or ground type addition covering up an electric weakness. I'm just saying that. Also, when was the last time a fire type evolved and got a new type that covered up a significant weakness, like the ground addition to mudkip when it evolves. Huh? What do you have to say to that?

Torchic and Chimchar evolves into a part Fighting type which covers their Rock weakness. That also alleviates them slightly from Stealth Rock damage. Also, Quagsire is usually too slow to fire an Ice Beam against Grass types, and Grass types are much bulkier than you think and will take Quagsire's Ice Beam coming off a 65 base special attack with plenty of health to spare. Then you know it's time to switch.

Way to ruin my defense :( What if it is wooper not quagsire?

Wooper's also part Ground and his stats are even worse... a LOT worse. 25 special doesn't cut it... and if you want a pure water type try something else... like Manaphy or something. And sorry, I like to play devil's advocate sometimes :-/

But I also have to correct you in places where you're wrong.

Whatever, well hmm.....what about palkia?? Dragon and water type. What do you got now?

Palkia and Kyogre are the two menaces of uber battling... especially when Palkia can also destroy Blissey in the rain with Aqua Tail (2HKO). Back in RSE Groudon and Ho-oh were the two best team players of ubers... now these two water titans rule Uber battles. Unfortunately for Palkia, his only weakness (Dragon) is common, so play with caution.

But even then, I think we're talking about people's preferences for which type, right? They pick either Fire or Water... and it's really their choice. Like I said, I pick water for their variety of strategies other than hit fast and run...

I know you picked water and I'm just trying to back up the water world. It seemed like you were fighting for fire though. I too, favor the water type, and hate the fire types. Oh know, I'm starting to sound like team aqua in a way. Oh well. I know it is there choice I'm just trying to back it up.

I'm really defending the fire types to show you that they're not as bad as you say it is. It's really wishful thinking what you're saying... just like saying Pidgeot is a viable option over Staraptor or something like that... and also, I like Ninetales over some Water Pokemon, just to let you know :)

I'd LOVE to make pretend that Electric types were terrible, but unfortunately, I know electrics actually rule the metagame... they're the ones who plot the conspiracy to ban Garchomp into ubers so that they'll rule the metagame again, but let's not get into that ;)

Fire nation FTW

Yeah, I guess that could work. A water and psychic team could own infernape. He would go down eventually. If your team was strong enough then the rest should be a walk in the park. Like:

Kyogre

Jirachi

Palkia

Bronzong

Lugia

Alakazam

All on the same team! O.o infernape would perish. I know you were kidding.

BTW I checked my friend requests and now you are on my list of friends :)

Yeah, I guess that could work. A water and psychic team could own infernape. He would go down eventually. If your team was strong enough then the rest should be a walk in the park. Like:

Kyogre

Jirachi

Palkia

Bronzong

Lugia

Alakazam

All on the same team! O.o infernape would perish. I know you were kidding.

BTW I checked my friend requests and now you are on my list of friends :)

So you're going to bring 6 Pokemon just to take down one monkey... okay... have fun with that while something else takes down the rest of your team with ease...

Also, Palkia and Kyogre are not allowed in a standard team. To take down Infernape, usually Vaporeon or Gliscor or Tentacruel works... Tentacruel only for mixed sets, which are the most common ones.

Alakazam cannot switch into a physical attack though, so watch out.

And thanks :)