Fallen

Awww. So cute. <3 Its face is a bit too boxy for my tastes, though.

Are you trying to illustrate how ferocious canines tend to be in comparison to how kitties look or was this something slightly off topic?

Edit: And it's upper body is exaggerated a bit too much. I have to wonder how it holds up its weight.

I was trying to show that canines can be a lot more ferocious than you expect.

And the hump is basically used to bash against larger animals/myths with brute force, though most of it is hair.

Here's another pic

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively.com/media/2007/12/warg_concept_900.jpg

Also, these things are huge. They're like the size of a Rhino. Orcs ride them with full battle gear on.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

In fact, they could probably take down a rhino.

I don't mind the concept of some legendaries being subordinate to others... though Gen IV certainly pushed this concept to the max, interrelating pretty much every major legendary. I don't really care for the Regi trio or Regigigas, but that's mostly because they look ridiculous.

I can see the shaggy cat thing.

Suicune is definitely the hardest to decipher. He doesn't have a cat-like face. But, it can't be two cats and a dog. I think if they were to officially lable them, they would be the legendary dog trio. It just sound more fierce then the cat trio.

I've always called them the Legendary Beasts, and personally I think that works pretty well. However, if 2 out of 3 resemble felines more than dogs, then I'd say an official label (if not Beasts, which works for both) would be more likely to be Legendary Cats.

Whether one sounds more "fierce" than the other depends mostly on the perception of the individual. IMO, the various wild varieties of large cats are much more fierce (not to mention stronger) than wild dogs/wolves; tigers in particular are very large and solid animals.

Cats are also just better :P

I think that the trio in the second gen aren't meant to specifically resort to a specific family, just generally be beasts. It makes sense. If you had to choose the main beasts, what would you choose? A tiger/lion and a wolf, and maybe some type of dragon. Since a dragon would be too different, they made one a morph of canine and feline. I admit I always thought of Entei as canine at first, until I thought about it more... It just kind of goes against all the other gens, where the trios were always the same species, more or less.

@Destati: I know how mean canines can look. ;) A LOT better looking, although I knew that some of it is fur. Wolves bristle the hair there to look larger, it just looked way too big, even when I reduced some of it for taking the fur into account. I wouldn't mind riding on one, though.

• 2 months later...
I'll try... I'll try...

I heard it as dogs... some said cats... and I'm now convinced they're gerbils.

Anyways, remember the first episode ever? That thing flying over the rainbow is Ho-oh. I only know about Ho-oh through game lore... and that's about all.

Actually I don't think that was a real Ho-oh I thought it was Mew transformed to look like a Ho-oh, but I could be wrong, that's just what I've heard.

• 1 month later...

So back to the whole "LEgendaries having bosses" thing, I actually think it's pretty sweet. I mean, With the birds controlled by Lugia, The dogs controlled by Ho-oh, Kyogre and Groudon sort of controlled by/yet allies with Rayquaza, Dialga and Palkia controlled by the Psychs, and the Regi's 'subordinate' to Regigigas, It makes just a bit more sense. Just think, all the controller/protector/watcher's could get together and have a meeting and brag like "Yeah, my guys stayed in line this week. What about yours?"

But I think Pokemon pushed it to the max with D/P/Pt. There's like five bajillion legendaries!!! And they started off with "Mewtwo is the best." And then there was "Ho-oh and Lugia are the best." "Deoxys is the best." And now there's "Arceus controlls the whole Pokemon world." But there's so many other legendaries...

• 6 months later...