Fallen

Well, we all know that Lugia and Ho-Oh started this "boss" legendary thing, with Ho-Oh ruling over the legendary dogs and Lugia ruling over the legendary birds.

What I would like to know is if you like the whole idea of legendaries have bosses. I mean do you think the franchise would have done just as well if each legendary stood on their own?

Well, we all know that Lugia and Ho-Oh started this "boss" legendary thing, with Ho-Oh ruling over the legendary dogs and Lugia ruling over the legendary birds.

What I would like to know is if you like the whole idea of legendaries have bosses. I mean do you think the franchise would have done just as well if each legendary stood on their own?

I didnt think of them as a boss, more like a watcher, or a protector.

What it boils down to is being a boss-like figure I should say. Like when you get out of hand and your parents come to discipline you, that's what it seems like.

Pretty much. Ho-oh did play a role with the three legendary beasts... because some random lightning struck the tower with the beasts, fire burned the building, killing the beasts, and the rain fell after to douse the tower. Ho-oh revived them (he's based on a phoenix)... and he became their protector. Out of all three of them, Suicune is the closest to Ho-oh (I don't know why... does anyone know?)

I always personally thought the three legendaries there were cats?

That's a debate all of itself, though.

Ho-oh and Lugia were indeed interesting....I don't remember too much about Ho-oh, though, it's a shame.

You have to see the second movie. It's by far the best. The movie explained it by saying their elements threw off the balance and only Lugia can clam them.

I'll try... I'll try...

Ho-oh and Lugia were indeed interesting....I don't remember too much about Ho-oh, though, it's a shame.

I heard it as dogs... some said cats... and I'm now convinced they're gerbils.

Anyways, remember the first episode ever? That thing flying over the rainbow is Ho-oh. I only know about Ho-oh through game lore... and that's about all.

I was confused when I first learned of them. I wasn't entirely sure what to classify them as since Entei and Suicune look like dogs, but Raikou looks like a Sabre-Toothed Tiger. I finally just stuck to calling them the legendary dogs though.

I'll try... I'll try...

I heard it as dogs... some said cats... and I'm now convinced they're gerbils.

Anyways, remember the first episode ever? That thing flying over the rainbow is Ho-oh. I only know about Ho-oh through game lore... and that's about all.

I remember calling Ho-Oh the Rainbow Bird. I thought it was the most powerful Pokemon. I wish they still foreshadowed that way.

I was confused when I first learned of them. I wasn't entirely sure what to classify them as since Entei and Suicune look like dogs, but Raikou looks like a Sabre-Toothed Tiger. I finally just stuck to calling them the legendary dogs though.

I remember calling Ho-Oh the Rainbow Bird. I thought it was the most powerful Pokemon. I wish they still foreshadowed that way.

Ho-oh = Dynablade from Kirby :o

Ho-oh is amazing thanks to Sacred Fire... and now it is physical and runs off his stronger attack stat. Unfortunately, Stealth Rocks sealed the deal for him... which is why I'm proposing a reduction on SR's damage.

I prefer to say The Three Legendary Beasts. Much more neutral. Although, I consider...

Suicune- Mostly canine. Has cat pupils and cat like paws.

Entei- Half and half. Can either be a shaggy dog or lion like. Short muzzle like a cat, retractable claws. He both barks and roars, according to legend.

Raikou- Mostly feline. Claws don't retract. (And it actually has a tail and "ears".O_o)

I once met someone who couldn't see Raikou as a feline... Quite odd, since they accepted Entei as looking like a lion.

I think the "boss" or "protector" roles give more legend and stories for the games, which usually makes game play more enjoyable. It makes everything fit more and be more connected.

Raikou DEFINITELY looks like a cat. Entei is like a shaggy cat with doglike features... and Suicune, I can't tell :) That's what makes Suicune unique!

I can see the shaggy cat thing.

Suicune is definitely the hardest to decipher. He doesn't have a cat-like face. But, it can't be two cats and a dog. I think if they were to officially lable them, they would be the legendary dog trio. It just sound more fierce then the cat trio.

When you think of it, Isn't Pikachu supposed to be a mouse? Doesn't really look like one.

But yea Suicune is the strangest but coolest of of the Trio , Zapdos of of The Birds, Azelf out of the Legendary psychics and Registeel out of the Legendary Golems

I prefer to call them dogs. They have more dog features than cats. Cats are usually agile and quick, and sly, whilst the legendary trio of dogs are more powerful. Although they run, if they put up a fight, they are quite powerful.

I agree on Azelf and Zapdos being the best of their trios, whilst I think Regice is the best of the golem trio.

I prefer to call them dogs. They have more dog features than cats. Cats are usually agile and quick, and sly, whilst the legendary trio of dogs are more powerful. Although they run, if they put up a fight, they are quite powerful.

I agree on Azelf and Zapdos being the best of their trios, whilst I think Regice is the best of the golem trio.

Now Regirock is the best one while Regice is the worst. Why? The abundance of Sandstream helps Regirock's special defense and Regice is weak to Stealth Rocks. The metagame became too offensive that Choice Banded things tend to OHKO the poor Ice Golem.

Someone needs to dethrone Zapdos. Really.

What happened with the 2nd movie haven't seen for ages, i do remember Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltreas PWNED Lugia, then something happened, and it's all a blur.

I think of the trio are rather dog like, but you kinda changed my perspective, Raikou seems cat like, and Entei does look like a lion with the mane, but it sounds strange, calling them cats, because calling them cats sounds weak, but beasts yeah, i think that name could full grasp the power they hold.

Funny how there seems to be more dangerous felines than canines though...

Canines are known for wolves. There are also the lesser known jackals, dingos, and coyotes, and occasional dog, including the African Wild Dog.

(Foxes are vulpine, and hyenas have their own family, separate from canine)

Felines are known for lions and tigers. Also leopards, jaguars, cheetahs, lynxes, caracals, servals, mountain lions/cougars... Maybe ocelots and bobcats too.

(Panthers don't exist. Panther usually refers to the genus Panthera, or are local names of leopards, jaguars, etc.)

I guess since they tend to be more streamlined, people see them as less dangerous, even though that makes them quicker. ;)

Orrr. If Beasts doesn't stick, we can always resort to Gerbils.