Username Changes

Janime6

Maybe some people get bored with their username (unlike me) and want it changed. I know Admins can change about anything on a user, if they want to. So you could make a "Username Change Requests" thread and give members a certain amount of name changes, or a post limit, etc.

Just throwing out a idea. (:

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, except I think some people would abuse the power just to trick people. They'd totally change everything about them and be someone else just for the fun of it and totally mess with people's heads.

That is what a limit is for and the Admins could record who has had a Name Change.

Quite honestly I think it's too early into the forum. It just started at the end of March and for someone to be unhappy with their name already should just go re-register. I'm sure it could be a posibility later on to have the available to the members, but right now I don't think it's a good idea.

This is honestly one of the worst and most useless services some forums provide. You got to pick your user name, so it's your fault if you don't like it.

And honestly, it's a screen name. No one is going to make fun of you for it.

Also, this forum has been open for like...what, a week? two? No one could possibly be sick of their user name.

This is honestly one of the worst and most useless services some forums provide. You got to pick your user name, so it's your fault if you don't like it.

And honestly, it's a screen name. No one is going to make fun of you for it.

Also, this forum has been open for like...what, a week? two? No one could possibly be sick of their user name.

Some people have different preferences from yours... sure, I always keep my name, but some people like changing their names for like what... every 6 months?

It's by far not the worst option a forum provides. A user name is a user name, but interests change. I mean your user name could be based off something you like, and six months down the road you don't like it anymore. But we just started, and for someone to not like their user name is just absurd right now. It's early enough where you don't have a giant post count you don't want to lose.

It's by far not the worst option a forum provides. A user name is a user name, but interests change. I mean your user name could be based off something you like, and six months down the road you don't like it anymore. But we just started, and for someone to not like their user name is just absurd right now. It's early enough where you don't have a giant post count you don't want to lose.

If you guys really want to provide the service, more power to ya. I just see it as ultimately pointless. And often, when mods inevitably shut the service down for a short time, then there's endless complaining.

It's not like it's a tattoo of an ex's name on your butt. It's a screen name.

I was kinda wanting to get my name changed, actually. I asked about it the other day in the chat... I just haven't thought of another name yet.

It's only because I use this name everywhere, and I realized I don't really want people to notice this site coming up in a search and presume me to be a cheater.

Quite honestly I think it's too early into the forum. It just started at the end of March and for someone to be unhappy with their name already should just go re-register. I'm sure it could be a posibility later on to have the available to the members, but right now I don't think it's a good idea.

I dont think you can...multiple registrations are against the rules here....I myself was going to.....I wish my name was pokemon breeder but then there was that subtitle thing and well now I dont worry....yeah.

I don't see this being an issue so early on, but while this thread is in front of me I may as well share my plans.

It's something I will do, at times, but I would prefer not to advertise it. There's a difference between someone who really needs a name change for one reason or another and can put in the effort to contact me and someone who just sees a thread and goes "sure, everyone's doing it".

EDIT: This is pretty much finalized now. If you have an issue that you think I've missed feel free to say so, but any other discussion at this point is pretty pointless.

EDIT2: Ignore the above.

I'm so sure, when people change their name some, people actually become accustomed to peoples name, so when you end up changing, it it's like your a whole new person, when i changed my name, referring to the previous forums, it kinda felt weird, and won't the mods be to lazy, or just can't be bothered, because it's not doing any good, and i know that ShinyPolitoed, changed his name to SmellTheBurningFear.... i think he had a reason, i think it had a reference to something, can't seem to remember.

and won't the mods be to lazy, or just can't be bothered, because it's not doing any good,

No they will not, or they won't be mods here. At any rate there will be enough people to do a few name changes per day/week. As for it not doing any good; part of our job is to provide a good experience for users, or this website wouldn't be around.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think that there should be something on the User CP to change your username, Then, an admin can approve it (so there are no names that are the same except for a capital letter or a number after it), and that will be your new username. Also, you shouldn't be able to change it for another 6 months.

I'm not EXTREMELY familiar with Vbulletin, but I doubt that's possible without some type of modification.

I really don't see the point in username changes. On some boards I'm on, they offer to ban your original account and you can register a new one, but I'm fairly certain the ban system here bans the IP as well as the username.

*in before someone mentions MY username change:bidoof: *