Hieroglyph @ Damp Rock

Nature: Impish

Ability: Levitate

252 Hp/152 Atk/8 Def/96 Spe

- Rain Dance

- Reflect

- Stealth Rock

- Explosion

First, I would use Rain Dance followed by Stealth Rock. Reflect is used next and Explosion is when I am about to faint.

Mixed Sweeper

[hgsssprite]419[/hgsssprite]

Tails @ Life Orb

Nature: Rash

Ability: Swift Swim

240 Atk/252 SpA/16 Spe

- Ice Beam

- Rain Dance

- Surf

- Waterfall

Surf is my Special Stab and Waterfall is my Physical Stab. Ice Beam is for Grass Type Pokemon. Rain Dance is my filler.

Special Sweeper

[hgsssprite]230[/hgsssprite]

Saiko @ Life Orb

Nature: Modest

252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe

- Dragon Pulse

- Rain Dance

- Surf

- Signal Beam

Dragon Pulse and Surf are my Stabs. Signal Beam is for Celebi and other Grass Type Pokemon. Rain Dance is my filler.

Rest+Talk

[hgsssprite]350[/hgsssprite]

Misty @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm

Ability: Marvel Scale

192 Def/232 SpD/82 Spe

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Sleep Talk

- Rest

Ice Beam is for Grass and Dragon Type Pokemon. Surf is my Stab. Rest and Sleep Talk is for Hp Restore.

Swift Sweeper

[hgsssprite]368[/hgsssprite]

Abyss @ Life Orb

Nature: Timid

36 Hp/238 SpA/232 Spe

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Hidden Power Grass

- Surf

Surf is my Stab. Ice Beam is for Grass Type and Dragon Type Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass is for Swampert, Lunturn, ect. Psychic is for Neutral Damage.

Special Rain Sweeper

[hgsssprite]273[/hgsssprite]

Sambara @ Life Orb

Nature: Modest

60 Hp/232 SpA/216 Spe

- Energy Ball

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Rain Dance

Surf is my Stab. Energy Ball is for Bulky Water Type Pokemon. Ice Beam is for Grass, Flying and Dragon Type Pokemon. Rain Dance is my filler.

Edited by Riolu Aura Sphere Now

First of all, this is an atrocious rain dance team. You almost never use Rain Dance to benefit yourself. You also need to post more than just pictures and sets- Give us an idea of the roles and how you play the team in matches. If you haven't tested it out extensively, don't post it.

Don't be so harsh Bob >_>

But then again, what Gin is saying is true. The rain does not benefit anything in this team at all aside from random water moves from Milotic and Gyarados and weakening Fire moves against Venusaur and Celebi. That's about it. How to get the most out of rain? Usually, that involves Pokemon that have ABILITIES that can benefit from the rain, such as Swift Swim and Rain Dish. You see Omastar? It has that magnificent base Special Attack of 115... but hampered by that really atrocious speed of 55. With the ability Swift Swim, it becomes a monster in the rain because it becomes twice as fast (making it outspeed MANY things) and can actually be very viable as a sweeper. A Rain Dish Ludicolo (there's also Swift Swimmers) can be an annoying staller with Leech Seed/Protect/Dive/etc... That's an example of how rain teams work; they should really benefit from the rain that can make a difference b/w win and lose. You put in many Pokemon that can benefit from the rain, and since rain is only a temporary weather (Kyogre is banned), you will also want to stick Rain Dance on your teammates. The item Damp Rock can increase the duration of rain from 5 turns to 8, which is really amazing.

I'm not saying to put a whole team of swift swimmers/rain dishers though, you will also want one or two Pokemon that can protect the rain team from falling. An example would be, erm, Bronzong, who has the defenses to take hits, rain weakens fire moves targeted on it, and can set up rain itself and annoy enemies with support moves like Hypnosis and Reflect/Light Screen. Lanturn can eat Electric moves for breakfast and also benefit from the rain by powering up its water moves. You will need to put up some thoughts before posting up a team. Here is an example of a functional rain team:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?10069-OU-Rain-Dance-Team

And although I loathe to go here, this article can definitely help you:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/rain_offense

Note that you are not limited to the suggestions here. Have fun.

Sorry about that, I rarely use a Rain Dance team, but I wanted to try it out.

I have knowledge of creating teams, but lack the Pokémon to use with. I will update my first post with my team.

I will be adding Kingdra over Gyarados, Luvdisc over Celebi, Omastar over Venusaur and Lanturn over Electrode.

Kingdra over gyardos would be a really good idea. Luvdisc over celebi .. not so much. Lanturn over celebi would work and keep the electrode lead. Celebi is your healbeller, Lanturn can do this too, and makes for a very nice special wall, something like

Lanturn@ Damp Rock/Leftovers

Calm Nature

40 Hp/ 216 SpAtk/ 252 SpDef

-Rain dance

-Heal Bell

-Discharge/Twave

-Surf

Could work really well. Rain dance won't be up forever, so if you can paralyse some of the games faster sweepers, it makes it easier to pwn them when the rain goes. Heal bell is for ridding yourself or burns and para, as you know, and surf is your obligatory rain boosted stab attack. If you decide to run Twave over Discharge then a would say feel free to take some EV's out of Spatk and add it defence.

Omastar over venusaur... well here is a grass type for the team, so you kind of want to keep that going, so I would suggest ludicolo over venusaur and then a physical sweeper like Kabutops to replace dragonite.

But really just take a look at different sets for pokemon that can swift swim, and try and keep it balanced between physical and special, you may well have the most dominant specially offencive water core of doom, but blissey takes no worries in eating that up. Really most pokemon can be viable in the rain. Like bring the sun out and most grass types can suddenly become beasts. Take a look at things that you like and really test them out.

I was thinking of addind Swampert instead of Kabutops, is that a good choice?

No, Swampert doesn't benefit from the rain at all (other than stabbed surfs of course). However, it can be a good user of rain, being immune to thunder, however sharing a grass weakness, and a 4x one at that, doesn't make it a great choice at all.

You want three pokes to get rain up (minimum - at least 2 with damp rock) three (minimum - at least two with life orb or some form of attack enhancer) that benefit from the rain in some form (bare in mind things like kingdra, omastar and ludicolo are all good Rain dance setter uppers AND sweepers at the same time). That's what I would say you need bog standard...ly. So if you can find room for swampert after that, or inside of that then go for it :D.

It looks good to me :).

Now go out and have about 20 battles with it, and then come back and post some descriptions under each pokemon telling us how they are working out for you and where you think the team might need help (not just what they are supposed to do - it's fairly obvious that kabutops with SD is going to be 'used for sweeping' :P). It makes it a lot easier to help someone out if they have tested the team and seen personally where their holes are. So now all you got to do is look for the holes :D.

Legendary Raindown:

Single Wi-Fi Battle Warstory

SOUL Team

[sprite]484[/sprite][sprite]486[/sprite][sprite]249[/sprite]

[sprite]145[/sprite][sprite]491[/sprite][sprite]386[/sprite]

Riolu Team

[sprite]101[/sprite][sprite]350[/sprite][sprite]230[/sprite]

[sprite]171[/sprite][sprite]141[/sprite][sprite]272[/sprite]

Riolu sent out Sparky the Electrode.

SOUL sent out Palkia.

Sparky used Rain Dance.

It started to rain.

Palkia used Outrage.

Sparky used Thunder.

Palkia used Outrage.

Sparky fainted!

Riolu sent out Saiko the Kingdra.

Saiko used Outrage.

Palkia fainted!

SOUL sent out Darkrai.

Saiko used Outrage.

Darkrai used Dark Void.

Saiko fell asleep.

Riolu called back Saiko.

Riolu sent out Stone the Kabutops.

Darkrai used Dream Eater, but it missed.

SOUL called back Darkrai.

SOUL sent out Regigigas.

Stone used Aqua Jet.

Stone used Waterfall.

Regigigas fainted!

SOUL sent out Zapdos.

Stone used Stone Edge, but it missed.

Zapdos used Thunder.

Stone fainted!

The rain stopped.

Riolu sent out Volt the Lanturn.

Volt used Rain Dance.

It started to rain.

Zapdoes used Hidden Power.

Volt used Heal Bell.

Zapdos used Hidden Power.

Volt used Thunder Wave.

Zapdos became paralyze.

Zapdos is paralyze.

Volt used Surf.

Zapdos used Drill Peck.

Volt used Surf.

Zapdos fainted!

The rain stopped.

SOUL sent out Lugia.

Lugia flew up high.

Volt used Rain Dance.

It started to rain.

Lugia used Fly.

Volt used Thunder Wave.

Lugia became paralyze.

Volt used Surf.

Lugia is paralyze.

Volt used Surf.

Lugia used Aeroblast.

Volt used Surf.

Lugia fainted!

The rain stopped.

SOUL sent out Darkrai.

Darkrai used Dark Pulse.

Volt used Rain Dance.

It started to rain.

Darkrai used Dark Void, but it missed.

Volt used Surf.

Darkrai fainted!

SOUL sent out Deoxys-A.

Deoxys-A used Focus Blast.

Volt used Thunder Wave.

Deoxys-A became paralyze.

Volt used Surf.

Deoxys-A fainted!

Riolu has won the battle!

Edited by Riolu Aura Sphere Now

Against a team full of special attackers lanturn will definitely shine like it did, however, never keep it in on anyone that can attack physically, it may take ONE hit, but not much else. Test it a lot of times and see what needs improving, and how you can best utilise your pokemon (I.E Lanturn soaking up a whole special assault.)

Try and battle a lot of different people too. tell us how it goes when you've got another ten battles under that team's belt :).

Though we have all helped you with your team about as much as we can, you should really post a little bit more description as tp how you are using each poke so that others can help with anything that you may not have noticed.

For instance, Electrode should taunt then rain dance. (depending on the lead you're up against of course.)

Team Stragety:

First, I always start with Rain Dance instead of Taunt because I use Electrode as a Lead and a Special Attacker. Second, I would use Taunt, but my opponets always use an attacking move first. If Electrode is about to die I use Explosion. If he has a Status Problem, I would switch into Lanturn. When I switched into Lanturn, I first use Twave so I can para my foe so I can have a second fast move which I would then use Heal Bell. I would either use Surf depending on the Pokémon because my foe usually switches into another Pokémon that I am weak against. I have great prediction so I would end up using Twave to para my foe which seems to work all the time. After the para, I would switch into Kingdra or Ludicolo. When switching into Kingdra, the rain would stop and so I would start up with Rain Dance followed by Ddance to forme Double Dance. I either have a choice between Waterfall and Outrage. I use Outrage because of Neutral Damage and would likely gain an OHKO. After defeating my foe, I can't do anything else for 2 more turns, then I would become Confuse. Which is why I would switch into Lanturn again if availible. Since my foe has no more Sweepers, I don't bother with Twave first, but instead I would use Heal Bell. After using Heal Bell, I would switch into Ludicolo and Sweep through my foe. For Ludicolo, I would use Rain Dance if availible. After that, I would either use Energy Ball for other Water types, Surf for Neutral Damage or Ice Beam for Flying types. Usually after using Ludicolo, the battle is already over, but if not, I would switch into Kabutops so I can use Stone Edge for Zapdos, ect. I never really used Swords Dance due to me using him as a Sweeper more then a Physical Attacker. If my for has little Hp left, I would use Aqua Jet to finish it off. I only use Milotic as a last resort if most of my Pokémon is Asleep which is usually cause by Breloom, Roserade, ect. When using Milotic, I would use Ice Beam first to quickly kill my foe.