Official G/S Remake Discussion - Remakes Confirmed!

SCV

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so hard for me to get around that since the time I battled them I assumed they were them, so where you ash in R/B/Y?

No, you were Red in RBY and your rival was Blue (his real name is Green but America changed it to Blue). The girl character that you don't see anywhere but FR/LG is named Blue... but America changed her name to Leaf. I like it the original way though...

No, you were Red in RBY and your rival was Blue (his real name is Green but America changed it to Blue). The girl character that you don't see anywhere but FR/LG is named Blue... but America changed her name to Leaf. I like it the original way though...

Your right, Leaf just sound akward, not that I'm saying the same thing for Red and Blue

Needs higher leveled things... better geography... etc... and much more events. Towers and caves might need to be expanded too... and Ho-oh/Lugia over level 40... maybe at 50 or so...

Yeah, hated how main legendary was lv 40, and the game needs stronger hm's like surf and waterfall

Yeah, hated how main legendary was lv 40, and the game needs stronger hm's like surf and waterfall

Those two existed back in GSC actually... and Rock Smash wasn't a TM then. It's just that everything was way too low of a level overall in that game. But then again, I tried Shiny Gold hack... and I realized my levels were way too low everytime... they need more trainers and more exp... it feels so n00bish to me... and it's anachronism to have Lance have his team lower levels by 10-12ish after 3 years pass!

Those two existed back in GSC actually... and Rock Smash wasn't a TM then. It's just that everything was way too low of a level overall in that game. But then again, I tried Shiny Gold hack... and I realized my levels were way too low everytime... they need more trainers and more exp... it feels so n00bish to me... and it's anachronism to have Lance have his team lower levels by 10-12ish after 3 years pass!

Hah thats true, but if they have less trainers its more of a challenge

Hah thats true, but if they have less trainers its more of a challenge

I see what you mean... but still. This game felt WAY too short... and if everything were remade as exactly as it had been... there would be WAY too many leftover space left... they're going to have to do more than just remake this game if they make this one. It'll require a lot more... hopefully.

I hope it a 100% faithful recreation to the original including just a few updates and what not.

But if they did that the game would be TOO short and there would be a LOT of leftover space... and the game would be too easy. If you want to play a game exactly like that... go play the original GSC... that's all I'll say, for nostalgia value... and *gasp* no EV caps! I feel as if they need to add a lot of things for the game to feel complete... which is unfortunately counter-intuitive to the meaning of 'remake'...

Nintendo is (possibly makeing a remake of Gold and Silver, they're called Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold, heres a link of their pictures

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Dawn%20silver%20and%20Dusk%20Gold/Mewkip/possible.jpg

Looks incredibly real, but I doubt they would name it Dawn Gold and Dusk Silver.

I did not know that they used Lugia to represent the night <_<

A remake would be a nice, but Gen V would be nicer. xD

I don't really get why everyone is over obsessed about Gold/Silver. I agree it was good, but everyone is basically wanting it back for starters or something. To me, Gold/Silver is just same as any other Pokémon game.

The anime has nothing to do with the game. Red is the ash-like character, Green is the rival, and Blue is the girl. I don't think RBY and Fr/Lg are related at all. (The games seems to be based off the manga or vice versa, and everything nearly matches up).

But if they did that the game would be TOO short and there would be a LOT of leftover space... and the game would be too easy. If you want to play a game exactly like that... go play the original GSC... that's all I'll say, for nostalgia value... and *gasp* no EV caps! I feel as if they need to add a lot of things for the game to feel complete... which is unfortunately counter-intuitive to the meaning of 'remake'...

Okay, okay. May 100% faithful to the original would be a bad idea. What ever the decide to do with the idea I hope it's good. Pokémon games have only been mediocre these last few releases.

The anime has nothing to do with the game. Red is the ash-like character, Green is the rival, and Blue is the girl. I don't think RBY and Fr/Lg are related at all. (The games seems to be based off the manga or vice versa, and everything nearly matches up).

Which is exactly what I said... avoid the anime like a plague! The game NEARLY matches up to the manga... without the evil gym leaders and all...

Okay, okay. May 100% faithful to the original would be a bad idea. What ever the decide to do with the idea I hope it's good. Pokémon games have only been mediocre these last few releases.

Like Ruby/Sapphire? I like the region and its innovations, but somehow it was a little bland...

Nintendo is (possibly makeing a remake of Gold and Silver, they're called Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold, heres a link of their pictures

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Dawn%20silver%20and%20Dusk%20Gold/Mewkip/possible.jpg

That photo is incredibly fake.

As for the names, it's a common tactic for huge franchises to copyright every single name they can think of. Sometimes it's to renew it (Pokemon Red was recently registered), most of the times it's to prevent bootlegs or ripoff games from using similar names, and a few times it's because they were going to be names of games but were changed for one reason or another.

Basically, what Gamefreak has registered as names are essentially meaningless.

I never played the Gen 2 games and certainly wouldn't mind the re-makes, especially since it could mean a 4th gen Celebi event (which is needed). But do they need to be made? No. Are the "hints" any indication of them? Not really. There's tons of references to Kanto and Hoenn in the 4th gen too.

And that DSI=no Pal Park talking point is getting pretty worn out. Nintendo doesn't have an Elite Assassination Squad that is destroying every DS and DS Lite the moment the DSi comes out. They still exist, and rest assured any Pokemon fan who cares already owns a DS/Lite. So it largely doesn't matter. Anybody who starts out playing Pokemon on the DSi probably would never purchase a GBA game anyway.

Several media outlets have revealed that the announcement of a major, popularly-discussed Pokémon game will be made later this month. Pokémon Sunday is set to unveil the title May 10.

The show's official Web site describes the contents of next week's episode as "a worldwide first announcement and a worldwide first big scoop". The upcoming issues of CoroCoro and Nintendo Dream, which are Japanese magazines, have likewise been disclosed and are known to contain information regarding a "much-talked-about big title", although it is not directly stated that a Pokémon game is involved. Both magazine issues will be released after the airing of Pokémon Sunday.

Furthermore, the most recent episode previewed the annnouncement by showing two balls: one gold and one silver. Based on this as well as the fact that the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops.

I think we just got our answer!