Official G/S Remake Discussion - Remakes Confirmed!

SCV

To keep things un-cluttered I am adding this sticky thread for us to discuss a possible G/S remake.

Feel free to say why you think there will or will not be a remake, things that could complicate making the remake. Is a faithful remake possible?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of things that point t o a remake and I would be over joyed if it were to happen in the next year not the next generation. Also I wonder how close it would be to the original in terms of game play not graphics.

There are a lot of hints in DP such as the Red Gyarados on TV, Jasmine on Sunyshore, the hiker guy at Hearthome being friends with Professor Elm at Johto (he gave you the Happiny egg in D/P but not in Platinum)... and the fact the legendary birds are available for some random reason... and the legendary beasts of GSC are strangely absent. Hmmm...

On the flip side, there is no real reason to make a GSC remake unlike FR/LG, where RSE were missing some Pokemon and needed FR/LG to complete the national dex. DPP has Pal Park to make things possible. Plus, GSC's maps and events were WAY too simple... it just wouldn't compete with DPP in terms of length, gameplay, and all unless they added a LOT of stuff or even expanded Kanto a lot more.

Who is saying that if there is a G/S remake that they will be DSi exclusive?

Anyways, we all know how awesome this would be and how badly we all want it to happen. When were the remakes of FR/LG annouced? I know it was sometime after Emerald. Hopefully they do the same with Platinum.

Who is saying that if there is a G/S remake that they will be DSi exclusive?

Anyways, we all know how awesome this would be and how badly we all want it to happen. When were the remakes of FR/LG annouced? I know it was sometime after Emerald. Hopefully they do the same with Platinum.

My point exactly (regarding the DSi). No GBA slot = fail. I'll stick with my DS lite.

I think Emerald came after FR/LG. Although I see no need for a remake (and the fact GSC was INCREDIBLY short), if they expanded Kanto and Johto by a larger scale, it would be awesome. Unfortunately, the geography of Johto was very linear, circular, and boring. :bidoof:

Nintendo is (possibly makeing a remake of Gold and Silver, they're called Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold, heres a link of their pictures

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Dawn%20silver%20and%20Dusk%20Gold/Mewkip/possible.jpg

I've seen those pictures, but is it genuine?

I know for a fact Nintendo copyright names like Pokemon Topaz, Black, Amethyst... and a bunch of other color names for some bizarre reason.

Yes, but people tell you if those versions are fake, I even remeber a fake that was so bad, its name was Naranja version which stands for Orange version, and google if you like, there is alot of commotion about them.

Isn't Naranja a hack of Fire Red?

I believe so. But I doubt it'll be called Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold. Doesn't roll off the tongue all that well. There have been many fakes for GS remakes. It'll probably be surreal when it happens.

Edited by Fallen

Well that does sound better (hopefully its how you say it), when it comes out I would definatley get it. What other fakes have there been?

They have pokemonwhitegold.com reserved... and it redirects to Nintendo's website... hmmm... what do you think about this?

There are Dawn and Dusk Stones in DPP... and Dusk stone evolves two Johto Pokemon... interesting?

Oh yeah Murkrow and Misdreavus, never noticed that, then it seems that there is a high chance that these aren't fakes, but the cover looks kinda weird.

Oh yeah Murkrow and Misdreavus, never noticed that, then it seems that there is a high chance that these aren't fakes, but the cover looks kinda weird.

I always thought those two were counterparts of each other... only I found about the latter in Mt. Silver...

I don't know... they're only speculations... a high chance it'll happen... but I only wish it would be... different and bigger to take advantage of the huge space in NDS cartridge.

Ah hold on, its been such a long time since I've played those games, where is Mt. Silver, hopefully the remakes have another region, but I doubt that since the last few gen's have been about the battle frontier

The last place where you fight Red... where the highest leveled wild Pokemon in the game dwells... *gasp* a level 51 Golbat!

Also, if you haven't noticed, the only official artworks not changed by Sugimori are the Johto Pokemon... and that's VERY suspicious.

Ah, I remember now, Red's mom tells you to go get him, why did they call ash Red? Maybe because he belonged to that version, hopefully the remakes will be released in a couple of months, think It'll take a year at the most.

Ah, I remember now, Red's mom tells you to go get him, why did they call ash Red? Maybe because he belonged to that version, hopefully the remakes will be released in a couple of months, think It'll take a year at the most.

Red is NOT Ash... even if they are based off each other. Blue is also not Gary... and vice versa. I wondered why Red wouldn't speak...

Red is NOT Ash... even if they are based off each other. Blue is also not Gary... and vice versa. I wondered why Red wouldn't speak...

Wait they're not!?, how, I mean they look just like each other, has my whole life been a LIE?!