Nite Sky: OU RMT

Nite Sky ou team: This is the best team ive ever used, but stall Blissey's and Roserades give me trouble when their counters on my team are gone, and I am generally stall weak. I also have trouble with Togekiss and spore Breloom. Thanks for rating.

149.png

Dragonite @ life orb

Nature; Quiet[+ Special Attack, - Speed]

Ability; Inner Focus

EVs; 224 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 32 Speed

Moveset

Superpower

Flamethrower

Dracometeor

Extreme speed

Description: Amazing anti-lead, destroys everything. Superpower to take out special leads, dracometeor for stab move and taking out anything physical, (defense wise), extreme speed for priority over faster, frail leads. Favorite pokemon on the team.

070418jirachi.jpg

Jirachi @ leftovers

Nature; Bold [+ Defense, - Attack]

Ability; Serene Grace

EVs; 252 HP / 216 Defense / 40 Speed

Moveset

Calm mind

Wish

T-bolt

Psychic

Description: Used for wish support and works well with dragonite by covering his weaknesses. Also as a late game bulky calm mind sweeper. Also works well with tyranitar and swampert due to sandstorm. ( meaning he doesnt get hurt by sand storm from t-tar.)

248Tyranitar.png

Tyranitar @ choice scarf

Nature; Jolly [+ Speed, - Special Attack]

Ability; Sand Stream

EVs; 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Moveset

Superpower

Pursuit

Crunch

Stone Edge

Description: Yay, a Scarf-Tar! This is basically a blissey/ghost/psychic killer. And he can sweep some other things after his counters have been removed. has great synergy with pert and Jirachi.

Starmie.png

Starmie @ life orb

Nature; Timid [+ Speed, - Attack]

Ability; Natural Cure

EVs; 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed

Moveset

Rapid spin

Surf

Ice beam

Thunder bolt

Description: Spinner, to get rid of rocks and toxic spikes, witch really hurt my team, and counter to many threats to other pokemon on the team. Like fire and fighting types ( infernape ) which bother me for some reason.

260.png

Swampert @ leftovers

Nature; Relaxed [ + Defense, - Speed]

Ability; Torrent

EVs; 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Attack

Moveset

Earthquake

Stealth rock

Roar

Avalanche

Description: Used and abused to set up stealth rock and then phaze with roar. After that, hit apposing poke's with EQ and avalanche until pert is gone.

330.png

Nature:Naughty[+Atk -SpDef]

Ability:Levitate

Evs:252Atk/252Spe/4SpDef

Fire Blast

Outrage

U-Turn

Earthquake

Description: Used like pokebeast1 described in his posts below. :)Changed to choice scarf

All criticism and suggestions are appreciated,

Pokesavmaster.

This team will be used for shoddy battle.

Edited by pokesavmaster

hmmm this team looks pretty awesome.however,watch out for this man they are dangerous!

shaymin.gif@Leftovers

Nature:timid[+Spe -Atk]

Ability:Natural Cure

Evs:252Spe/252SpA/4SpDef

Growth

Earth Power

Seed Flare

Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Fire

This Shaymin can Ko Swampert,Tyranitar,Dragonite,And Starmie.After It Use a single growth Earth Power can OHKO Jirachi while Seed Flare can OHKO Rotom-H.it can also take starmie's Life Orbed Ice Beam.so i prefer this to Stop it from sweeping:

Heatran.png@Choice Scarf

Nature:Naive[+Spe -SpDef]

ability:Flash Fire

Evs:252Spe/252SpAtk/4HP

Fire Blast/FlameThrower

Earth Power

Hidden Power Grass/Hidden Power Ice

Explosion

I prefer this if you want to counter blissey's T-wave,Roserade,and Togekiss:

Flygon.png@Choice Band

Nature:Adamant[+Atk -SpAtk]

Stone Edge

Dragon Claw/Outrage

U-Turn

Earthquake

CB Flygon's Stone Edge OHKO any Togekiss besides the Lead one but dragonite can take care of that.i Prefer Dragon Claw because thats already enough power to OHKO any Roserade and you can switch in whenever you like.Earthquake OHKO Blissey and U-turn OHKO Celebi And Puts a pretty big dent in support Shaymins.

but overall your id have to say your team is Over 80% so Good Job Bro!

LOL! im having trouble deciding too because all those are pretty good pokemon and have good movesets.i just noticed,shaymin is a BL so its not going to be used in the OU MetaGame as much.so i would probaly kick heatran out and just replace flygon for rotom-h since flygon is also immune to ground+electric.However,if you do replace this for rotom you can give it fire blast+Naughty nature for something else if you still want a fire move to beat steel types or thunder punch if you want a electric move.i suggest you to try it out first in a battle.flygon dont work that swift,try rotom-h out to see if he works better.

Nite Sky ou team: This is the best team ive ever used, but stall Blissey's and Roserades give me trouble when their counters on my team are gone, and I am generally stall weak. I also have trouble with Togekiss and spore Breloom. Thanks for rating.

Generally speaking breloom and togekiss are problem pokemon. If you run Nasty plot mixape, or if you can find a spot for it, you have eliminated Roserade, Breloom and Togekiss as problem pokemon. Rapid spin starmie helps with stall, mixape being a wall breaker also helps deal with stall.

Though looking at the team I can't find a spot for it... maybe you can :D.

149.png

Dragonite @ life orb

Nature; Quiet[+ Special Attack, - Speed]

Ability; Inner Focus

EVs; 224 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 32 Speed

Moveset

Superpower

Flamethrower

Dracometeor

Extreme speed

IMO leads that just come out to destroy things aren't all that great, because at the end of the day the opponent's lead will just be there to set up rocks, spikes etc etc, so you pwning their lead doesn't really screw their plan up at all because would probably use the lead as death fodder later anyway.

However, an effective way of doing what you're trying to do would be to run an endeavor, or counter + priority lead. Lucario and Weavile spring to mind as they are really good at doing it. Also, Weavile is a VERY fast taunter - anything other than Aero won't be setting rocks up.

Mamoswine runs an awesome endeavor set, and can set up rocks too.

Sets -

Weavile (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Fake Out

- Ice Punch

- Counter

- Taunt

Weavile is one of the few Pokemon who can stop the popular suicide leads in today's metagame, particularly Azelf and Aerodactyl. Fake Out is the most important move on the set, as it allows Weavile to break the Focus Sashes on leads such as Aerodactyl, Infernape, and Azelf, while keeping his own intact. Night Slash lets you finish off Azelf, while Ice Punch handles Aerodactyl.

---

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Inner Focus

Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Close Combat

- Crunch

- Extremespeed

- Counter

Lucario's ability to - quite literally - "counter" common leads of OU with its versatility and power makes it a worthwhile lead in the OU metagame. What makes Lucario the ideal Counter lead is not only Inner Focus, but also its immunity to sandstorm and threat of set-up. Your opponent may expect Swords Dance and will likely not wish to allow this setup and greedily attack. While most Focus Sash Pokémon have trouble dealing with instant weather brought on by Tyranitar and Hippowdon, Lucario is immune and can take them out with Counter.

---

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Snow Cloak

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Endeavor

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Stealth Rock

Mamoswine is a great lead for two reasons. The first reason is that Mamoswine can set up a quick Stealth Rock, a move that any good lead generally wants to have. The second and more important reason is that Mamoswine can easily deal with many of the top leads found in OU thanks to Earthquake, Ice Shard, and Endeavor.

---

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk

Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Endeavor

- Overheat

- Vacuum Wave

- Stealth Rock

Endeavor and Vacuum Wave, when paired together with Focus Sash, provide an unusual twist to Infernape's mixed sweeper stats. After it sets up Stealth Rock, the fragile Infernape will likely take a hit which would be lethal, but Focus Sash will leave it at 1 HP. Endeavor will bring the opponent's Pokemon to 1 HP, and it can then be quickly dispatched with Vacuum Wave. Even if Infernape is KOed in the process, you can easily send out a faster Pokemon or one with a priority move to finish off the severely damaged foe. Note that if the opponent's Pokemon is faster than Infernape, then you must use Endeavor on the same turn that Infernape is attacked. You must also watch out for Hippowdon, Tyranitar, and Abomasnow, who will set up damaging weather, which will KO Infernape on the turn it takes damage.

---

Smogon

070418jirachi.jpg

Jirachi @ leftovers

Nature; Bold [+ Defense, - Attack]

Ability; Serene Grace

EVs; 252 HP / 216 Defense / 40 Speed

Moveset

Calm mind

Wish

T-bolt

Psychic

Jirachi can indeed be a beast. Glad to see it isn't scarfachi, though that wouldn't be a terrible idea on this team. Wish support helps any team, as well as the set in hand. I feel more speed could be invested, but I've never tried this set so not much to say other than it looks good :).

248Tyranitar.png

Tyranitar @ choice scarf

Nature; Jolly [+ Speed, - Special Attack]

Ability; Sand Stream

EVs; 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Moveset

Superpower

Pursuit

Crunch/Fire Blast/Ice beam

Stone Edge

Scarftar is a really good set. However, I think you should throw some special attacks on it man :P. I know it sounds stupid, fire blast over crunch would really catch lucario and scizor off guard, and they have no qualms about switching in on crunch or pursuit. Does require a lot of prediction though. Ice beam would kill gliscor switch ins too. It would only require 48 Special attack EV's too, And a naive nature would be best as the special defence is boosted by sand storm ... but that is if you decide to throw on fire blast etc.

Starmie.png

Starmie @ life orb

Nature; Timid [+ Speed, - Attack]

Ability; Natural Cure

EVs; 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed

Moveset

Rapid spin

Surf

Ice beam

Thunder bolt

All good here

260.png

Swampert @ leftovers

Nature; Relaxed [ + Defense, - Speed]

Ability; Torrent

EVs; 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Attack

Moveset

Earthquake

Stealth rock

Roar

Ice beam

Nice wall, swampert does this great and has good synergy with starmie. With the relaxed nature you could go for avalanche over ice beam for 120 damage over 90 from ice beam.

330.png

Nature:Adamant[+Atk -SpAtk]

Stone Edge

Dragon Claw/Outrage

U-Turn

Earthquake

Personally I prefer the scarfed version, the banded one just doesn't have the speed IMO, and you don't have much of a set up for it. Definately go for outrage though. Banded pokemon are meant to be switched in and out a lot so confusion won't matter too much. I think you could go for a physical set up sweeper here though to complement jirachi. You could use dragonite here and run a Ddance set, Gyarados would work well too. However once swampert is down, you're going to have to watch out for those electric types.

One possible change I can think of would be making flygon a revenge killer with choice scarf, and then making tyranitar a Ddance sweeper.

I hope that helps a little :D

Thank you, I'll think about your suggestions.

And about dragonite as a lead.

Few Pokémon possess the ability to stand up to the most common leads and come out on top; Dragonite happens to be one of them. Inner Focus prevents Dragonite from being flinched, which lets it better take on common leads such as Infernape and Jirachi, who rely on flinch moves to carry out their lead plan. By using the combination of any of his other three attacks, plus ExtremeSpeed, Dragonite is able to muscle his way through almost all frail leads. For the bulkier ones, such as Hippowdon and Swampert, Draco Meteor will deal a crippling blow and 2HKO them should they stay in for a subsequent one. Dragonite, unlike most other leads, can perform well later in a game as a potent mixed sweeper or as a revenge killer.

Copied from Smogon.

Edited by pokesavmaster

well,if its naughty or Naive nature fire blast will still have enough power to Ohko scizor,foretress,and steelix.its a 46%chance to Ohko skamory.so it most likely kill skamory in two hits if its naughty nature.

P.S.Dont worry about leftovers on skarmoy.it will still 2 OHKO it.

I've been using this team and lately been having trouble with Lucario.

Any suggestions?

Gliscor is Lucario's instant counter. Flygon, however, should be coming out on top so long as it doesn't switch into Ice Punch. Swampert can deal with it too, probably better than flygon at that.

In what way is Lucario being a problem?

EDIT: oh and remember my suggestion to put fire blast on Tyranitar ... that would kill it too :D.