Did you like the remake?

Fallen

Well all know how awesome the RBY generation was, no matter how bad the graphics, glitches, etc. So my question to you is did the remakes of the classic games, FR/LG, bring that nostalgic feeling back to you when they were released. Basically, did you like the remake?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Red and Blue, but I never got to play the game thoroughly until much later. I prefer to play Fire Red and Leaf Green. :P

I actually prefer the older version. Just because the history and it takes me back to the days where you had to use link cables and what not. xD

While I did like the concept, I felt like something was terribly missing from this game that I was able to feel from the older games... but I just don't know what. It wasn't the same to me... really.

And also, Horsea, Golbat, Chansey, and others just cannot seem to evolve if you don't have the National Dex and they become (???). What's up with that?

While I did like the concept, I felt like something was terribly missing from this game that I was able to feel from the older games... but I just don't know what. It wasn't the same to me... really.

And also, Horsea, Golbat, Chansey, and others just cannot seem to evolve if you don't have the National Dex and they become (???). What's up with that?

They became ??? because they had no number for the dex that was given to you for the region. Once you get the national it account for all 386 (at that time) and then it distributes a number.

They became ??? because they had no number for the dex that was given to you for the region. Once you get the national it account for all 386 (at that time) and then it distributes a number.

Yeah, but think about it as if it were real life. Would a Golbat evolve into a (???) just because you don't have some upgraded National Dex? That's just so weird... and unthinkable. Maybe that world is hax! :)

GS can still be remade. It honestly would have been bad marketing back then to release GS remakes with RB remakes. The fan base has built up so much hype behind the games that when they finally do decide to remake them, well, they'll make a fortune off of them. They will probably be the highest selling Pokemon games ever.

O I know i just thought they were kind of foreshadowing that since they remade the first gen. they would remake the 2nd

I don't know... it doesn't seem to register that for me...

I think it was Gen IV's games that gave away the notion for a possible GSC remake.

Well that and the three starters being in a Gen IV movie. The biggest of the three nonetheless.

Oh yeah... that. They're giving out all these "hints"... and watch them just own us by saying "We had you fooled all along!"

*gets ready to be beaten up*

I'd be pissed. They didn't really give any hints with the RB remakes did they? I don't recall. I think that would just be an utter waste of time if they weren't going to make the remakes. To go out of their way to put al three in the movie and advertise them would be pointless.

I'd be pissed. They didn't really give any hints with the RB remakes did they? I don't recall. I think that would just be an utter waste of time if they weren't going to make the remakes. To go out of their way to put al three in the movie and advertise them would be pointless.

No, I don't recall any hints either. I cheated for those old Pokemon and were surprised Ruby/Sapphire had them programmed in them. My friends all wanted to know where I got them...

But you know, it's Game Freak. They'll screw over anyone anytime... :-/

Oh right... marketing. Forgot about that aspect completely. Or they'll just whip up another batch of random Poke--- nah.

If they make a GSC remake, I'm hoping for a movepool expansion (Flare Blitz Flareon!) and move tutors and all...

I honestly never played the remakes. I wanted to...but I'm afraid they'll break the nostagia of my experiences with pokemon for the first time nine-ten years ago....

Me too. Look at FR/LG... they remixed the music a lot that I might as well play RBY... the implementation of EV caps... and the nonsensical Golbat to ??? evolutions just ruined it -__-