Did you like the remake?

Fallen

I also disliked the help buttons. I had never hit the the shoulder buttons as much as I did playing Fire Red because I didn't want to. It was a pretty useless feature.

It was a pretty good idea, which breaks down the basics of Pokemon to beginners.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but were all of them available? I believe a few of them were missing. I was never abl to complete the Pokédex, and I believe it was because of the Johto Pokémon not being available.

I'm actually not quite sure... lol, I'm still in the process of playing through Colosseum and xD. I prefer handheld games for the most part, and I got tired of playing them after a while and took a very long break. Now I'm doing it mostly for the Johto starters, Ho-Oh, Lugia and the Legendary Beasts.

However, I think between Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen xD, and Colosseum... at least I'd hope, with that many games, one would be able to complete a Pokedex. The only Pokemon I'm sure isn't available in any GBA-generation, on any event island or wherever, is Celebi. He/she had to be acquired through some other event, like the 10th Anniversary events or whatever.

If only the Pokédex were better, then I would love this game. The slightest imperfection just bothers me in a video game. The way it showed you areas, how it divided them by woodland and sea and cave, it was so stupid, at least to me it was. And with so many holes in collecting Pokémon in other games, it was practically impossible to complete the Pokédex anyway. You shouldn't have to get a European disc to get Celebi, it should have been available to all countries. How do they expect us to complete our Pokédex?

^ Jirachi is also without an in-game location. It came with the bonus disc for some versions of Colo. US, Europe, Australia I believe, while Japan got Celebi.

True, I'd forgotten about Jirachi since I have the Colosseum bonus disc that gives it out. I'm actually in the process of restarting Ruby over again until I've acquired a specimen of Jirachi for each of the 25 natures. Only 6 more to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...