Hoenn: Starters Poll

Greencat

Which Starter in Hoenn did you start out with?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starter in Hoenn did you start out with?

• Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Gator has Ice Punch and Torrent and can learn Swords Dance and has no W4 to Electricity to claim over Gyarados... Gator is outclassed by Gyarados for the most part.

Unfortunately, stuff like Pidgeot completely died because of Staraptor and Swellow outclassing it.

Sceptile is the 2nd fastest user of Subseed (the first is Skymin, but still, who uses Subseed set on a sweeper-oriented Skymin?)

Blaziken can Salac-Endure-Reversal (although that's best for Lucario) and can Baton Pass unlike Infernape. He also has better attack/special attack. Unfortunately, that ugly Son Goku wannabe monkey is better for the most part because he is faster.

Unfortunately, what Illithian said is true. Old Pokemon will become more and more useless as each generation grows. Look at poor Dragonite... all we see nowadays is Salamence. But that doesn't mean we can't stop liking the old Generation, right? :P

But fret not! Some old Pokemon are still useful in competitive battles. Gengar and Vaporeon, anyone? :)

Very true. Some old pokemon had excellent stats, movepool, and typing, and have either found a niche to fill or can keep up with the metagame.

By the way, when I said the fastest usable subseeder, I didn't count Shaymin-S as usable.

Very true. Some old pokemon had excellent stats, movepool, and typing, and have either found a niche to fill or can keep up with the metagame.

By the way, when I said the fastest usable subseeder, I didn't count Shaymin-S as usable.

Sceptile: 70/65/85 Defenses

Skymin: 100/75/75 Defenses

It's not too bad :-/

But no one uses Subseed Skymin though. They're all sweepers or whatnot, and if I remember correctly, Skymin is uber.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I chose Mudkip and named him Sporchy. haha. I loved Mudkip because people would battle me and try to use thunderbolt on my swampert and i would laugh my head off because swampert is dual type with ground! ahahahaha... GOOD TIMES!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally chose Mudkip the first time I played but then I restarted after learning more about it and then I stuck with Torchic (I couldn't find a male Raltz on route 2 first patch of grass and I kept looking until my Torchic evolved into Combusken then I left and found one in the last patch of grass on route 2)

• 1 month later...