Hoenn: Starters Poll

Greencat

Which Starter in Hoenn did you start out with?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starter in Hoenn did you start out with?

• Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I despise Hoenn. I hated all three starters and almost every Hoenn Pokémon. Hoenn was nowhere near as good as Kanto and Johto, and Sinnoh was just purely awesome. Despite the fact I hate it, I chose Mudkip. Its looks are terrible, as well as its evolutions, but with the combination of ground and water, how can I resist?

... you may not like the prospect of Hoenn, but Hoenn had the best Pokemon for competitive battles. The starters were especially good for battling (no more rearrange Kanto starter's stats to get Johto starters!) and Swampert is still one of the most used Pokemon today, thanks to its typing and relatively great stat distribution.

And I'll quote something I said about Johto starters before:

Here we are... Kanto and Johto starters. Let's look at Blastoise and Feraligatr in terms of base stats.

HP/ATK/DEF/SpA/SpD/Speed

Blastoise: 79/83/100/85/105/78

Feraligatr: 85/105/100/79/83/78

Hmmm... something's fishy here, right? Now let's look at Venusaur and Meganium... our beloved grassers.

Venusaur: 80/82/83/100/100/80

Meganium: 80/82/100/83/100/80

Wait, what? You're telling me that Meganium is Venusaur with Defense and Sp.Attack flipped... without the poison typing?!

Yes yes, unfortunately, that's true. Now it gets even worse o_O Let's look at our Fire starters...

Charizard: 78/84/78/109/85/100

Typhlosion: 78/84/78/109/85/100

O_O

Wow, really? I'm not lying... go check it for yourselves... Johto starters are a product of Game Freak's laziness... hence why people shrug them off in competitive battles.

I know... I'm more of a nostalgic person, so I happen to like RBY/GSC better. Hoenn was... so different. But even then, no one can deny the awesomeness of many of the new Pokemon introduced in Hoenn. Also, without Hoenn, we wouldn't have gotten a Spiking/Whirlwinding Skarmory we see so often nowadays. :)

True, but I will never like the feel to it. And the music... it just added more weirdness to the feel. It was way to different. At least Diamond and Pearl felt awesome.

I personally did not like Diamond and Pearl. And i admire Hoenn more that even Kanto (probably). After all i started there and i loved Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Each was different to me.

Hoenn has nothing over Kanto. I think Kanto will always have that respect over any other Pokémon game because it's the foundation. You can't build a house without a good foundation.

I didn't mean that i don't like Kanto. But Hoenn also feels like the ''foundation''

you spoke of, just for the games, and Kanto is from when i was 2-nd grade.

So i both like much, but i first played Heonn so o well.(basically i cannot decide.)

Hoenn has nothing over Kanto. I think Kanto will always have that respect over any other Pokémon game because it's the foundation. You can't build a house without a good foundation.

QFT.

Hoenn felt like a different game overall :-/

Nevertheless, it isn't so bad enough to relegate it as terrible though...

I tried Treeko. It wasn't so good. Why are the Hoenn Pokémon so weird looking?

Treecko is one of the best subseeders in competitive battling. He's actually the best grass starter, although he's frail.

But even then, I prefer Venusaur because of his tankiness. He's done the best job for me... even defeating a 6 CM Suicune for me one on one.

And you thought Hoenn starters were bad... (do NOT look at the spoilers!)

x6aic7.jpg

I mean, I hope its not the strongest starter. I don't like it, I hate Mudkip so much that I just want to strangle it, cut it up into little pieces and bury it. I don't know why, I just do.

WTH? What did that poor mudfish ever do to you?

It is the best one though. Even though I hate Infernape and want to strangle it and whatnot, I can't deny it is very useful in competitive battles. The same goes for the mudfish, only the mudfish is cute and owns you.

[sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite] [sprite]258[/sprite]