Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Varna

So recently I decided to try and motivate myself to play through this game, but found myself quickly bored with the droll partner lineup they give you. I tried using the partner modifying code that someone (SCV? not sure; it was on an old pokesav thread) made, but ran into some issues.

At first, the only glitch was that the partner assist gauge would not show up outside of battle. A minor annoyance. But then the real trouble started. After a cutscene (specifically, the one where you end the day after delivering the newspaper), I was stuck with my original Starly again - but that's not all - my hacked partner was now stuck in my party at the first slot, eating up a friend pokemon slot and not showing up on the release screen (and not even going away after being used in battle!). Any ideas on how to fix this without having to just start another file?

I... did. I was already at the part where you have to deliver the Ranger Tribune or whatever as your first official Ranger Mission, and Starly was officially made my partner pokemon. Once I came back to the ranger base and ended the day, the next time I regained control of my character the Starly was back, but with the hacked pokemon in the first friend slot instead for some weird reason.

That is normal for that Hack Starter to be in your First Friend Slot. Once you use that code, your First Friend Slot will become your Second Partner Slot.

To get rid of your Second Partner, change your First Partner with one of your other Official Partners. You must progress through the Game to obtain your other Official Partners. Do not use your AR anymore for this game because most of the codes will make you restart your Game.

• 1 month later...