Wish/Explode?

So currently, I am working on a Lickilicky for competitive play. I am in quite a pickle however, for I am confused at what time the move "Wish" activates, even after checking Bulbapedia. If I have a Lickilicky, use wish, and then the next turn use explode, will the wish be able to heal my next sent in Pokemon or will it activate beforehand and just be a waste?

EDIT: Extremely sorry, I am new to the forums and I just saw a Team Building sub forum, as this should have gone there. Apologies.

It's an end of turn thing, just like leftovers recovery, or future sight (I believe). However here is the concise conditions: "Whichever Pokémon is active in the user's position at the end of the second turn recovers 50% of its maximum HP. If the Pokémon in the user's position is KOed on that turn, the Pokemon that switches in will not be healed by Wish."

www.smogon.com

It's an end of turn thing, just like leftovers recovery, or future sight (I believe). However here is the concise conditions: "Whichever Pokémon is active in the user's position at the end of the second turn recovers 50% of its maximum HP. If the Pokémon in the user's position is KOed on that turn, the Pokemon that switches in will not be healed by Wish."

www.smogon.com

Ok, thanks. This'll be good for getting Baton Passers back in shape.

/thread.

Actually, it does on Shoddy, but I think in the real game whenever a Pokemon faints after Wish within turn 1 and 2 of Wish being used, it's not meant to work. As if something is phased away via Roar/Whirlwind.