Debate Forum Rules

SCV

For now we have a few simple rules:

1) Respect everyone's opinion.

This does not mean that you cannot disagree and discuss. But it must be done in a respectful manner.

2) When a thread is created the topic under discussion must be clearly explained. Also please post your stance in the original posts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad for this. What have I said all along? We must respect everyone's opinions.

It's exactly what I said in the Infraction System thread. :] It's number one for a reason; even though this is the internet, there are real people behind every terminal, and we all have emotions and feelings.

I was kidding xD.

I guess the Debate forum is a good idea. Well, until another 3 years. I remember being on a forum during the 2004 election season. It was horrible. Hardcore Conservativism competing with Hardcore Liberalism. If we didn't have moniters we would be at each other's throats with knives.

• 1 month later...

Asking people not to insult others in a debate forum never seems to end to well. To me its like asking a person to quit eating. They can do it for a while, but eventually, they give up and eat anyway. You can tell people not to fight, but after a while, it happens anyway.

Quite a few of the topics have been locked already, lol! :biggrin::biggrin:

Asking people not to insult others in a debate forum never seems to end to well. To me its like asking a person to quit eating. They can do it for a while, but eventually, they give up and eat anyway. You can tell people not to fight, but after a while, it happens anyway.

No, it's very easy to have a discussion without insulting. As far as I'm concerned, wraith89 (oh, and myself too, but I'm not a glory hog :biggrin: ) has done a fine job making sure insults don't slip by. And that once those people are dealt with, they won't do it again.

Of course, it's important that people differentiate between insults and criticisim. If you make a post in here, someone might attack your opinion, the source, the way you support it, and so on. That is not an insult. That's proper discussion. And if you can't handle heated discussion (to anyone, not necessarily you, kelton), then you probably shouldn't post here :\

Regards.

• 1 year later...

I think it is easy to share our individual opinions while commenting and giving feedback on others' without having some sort of immature put-down fest.