Online legality checker?

randomspot555

I saw this linked over at SPPF and wondered if anyone has heard about this, knows it's origins, etc...

http://vlacula.no-ip.com/pokemon/legality_checker/

I started randomly checking PKM files from the former database/now PP and saw that Hayley's Aerodactyl came up as hacked. I'm going to check to see if maybe I have an outdated version.

I'll copy/paste what it comes up with.

Test results (shot report):

(

100% passed (4 out of 4 tests)

Conclusion (type): Hacked Pokemon (try statcalc)

)

Full report:

(

[file] => ./tmp/HAYLEY-Aerodactyl-PKM Database_b91d1f3351b44bf2e2d5450fcfa4efca.pkm

[pokemon_id] => 142

[pokemon_name] => Aerodactyl

[pokemon_data] => Array

[checksum] => 0x57E1 - Valid

[pokemonid] => 323977588 - Jolly, Male, Ability 1, Not Shiny

[ivs] => 3,20,25,24,25,31

[trainerid] => 1000

[secretid] => 43066

[trainersex] => Female

[hiddenpower] => Psychic - 50

[fateful] => No

[gendercheck] => Valid

[ev] => Valid

[nicknamed] => No

[hometown] => Sinnoh [Diamond]

[countryorigin] => UK/US/AU

[type] => Hacked Pokemon (try statcalc)

It also mentions something called statcalc (http://vlacula.no-ip.com/pokemon/statscalc/statscalc.zip) but I'm cautious of downloading stuff from unknown sites.

So what do you all think about this?

It originated about 5 threads below this one, lol. http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215

I'm sure statcalc is fine too. But just run a virus check and you're good either way.

I re-downloaded Hayle's Aerodactyl and ran it through again and it came back hacked. I then did the same with Phione and it came back as legal.

So since it seems to be running legal.exe, does that mean Aerodactyl needs to be replaced with a legal one?

I re-downloaded Hayle's Aerodactyl and ran it through again and it came back hacked. I then did the same with Phione and it came back as legal.

So since it seems to be running legal.exe, does that mean Aerodactyl needs to be replaced with a legal one?

Well, Hayle's pokemon don't follow the normal algorithm (or any of the variants), so not necessarily.

No, Legal doesn't really check 4th gen events in the same way that it checks others. There is no algorithm so all it really does is check events against an internal database, the issue is that the database kinda sucks and isn't always updated. The one for Pokemod will be much more comprehensive, but for now just keep what I said in mind.

I just added statcalc in case the "hacked" is because of wrong IV or EV. Tough now I notice that most have problems using PID correctly, they use "generate" and pick their gender instead of the "PID/EV" one that takes in calculation stats when making a PID.

There are some exceptions too, like special event pokemons that shows as hacked but are in fact legal and legit. I still have to experience a "normal" pokemon being calculated wrong by legal.exe, for now it's all fine and working with some rare exceptions. ;)

The site just runs your file trough legal.exe and adds some layout to it. And adds the option to upload a ZIP and it will run all the PKM files in it trough legal.exe and output results. Kinda nice if you wanna mass-check a whole storage box at once. ;)

This thing says my pokemon all check out 100% legal. Is it correct?

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

sadly it says something is wrong with my pokemon when i submit a video.

This thing says my pokemon all check out 100% legal. Is it correct?

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

sadly it says something is wrong with my pokemon when i submit a video.

The program don't check all the information of your pokémon, you must know all the information of your pokémon for yourself. This is just a fast check program that you can use, but it's not 100% perfect yet.