Poll: How Many New Pokemon Do You Think Will Be In Pokemon Black and White?

GollyWog

How Many New Pokemon Do You Think Will Be In Pokemon Black and White?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How Many New Pokemon Do You Think Will Be In Pokemon Black and White?

• 25-50
    • 51-75
    • 76-100
    • 101-125
    • 126-150
    • 151-175
    • 176-200
    • 201+

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe 201+ because in Gen I, we had 151 Pokémon; Gen II, we had 251 Pokémon; Gen III, we had 386 Pokémon; Gen IV, we had 493 Pokémon. So assuming in Gen V, we will have over 201 Pokémon to equil almost 600+ Pokémon.

I remember in Gen IV in D/P/PL at Dawn's House, the guy sitting in the chair said that we had almost over 500+ Pokémon. So I think that their will be 201+ more Pokémon.

I believe 201+ because in Gen I, we had 151 Pokémon; Gen II, we had 251 Pokémon; Gen III, we had 386 Pokémon; Gen IV, we had 493 Pokémon. So assuming in Gen V, we will have over 201 Pokémon to equil almost 600+ Pokémon.

I remember in Gen IV in D/P/PL at Dawn's House, the guy sitting in the chair said that we had almost over 500+ Pokémon. So I think that their will be 201+ more Pokémon.

Your math is slightly off. We currently have 493 unique species. It would take exactly 107 to get to 600. 200 more would get us close to 700.

I think we will have between 101 and 125.

forgot to vote myself, so have done so.

i think it might be like a fresh start of new pokemon, so have gone with 151-175, thinking that might have the same or maybe a few more than the original r/b/g/y to start it all off ;)

I think 201 MAX. This Game I thought will be the ending of pokemon, The only thin we need is a Demonc Pokemon, Then again I think that is Giratina, we have God, (Arceus), Idk what else could be after Yin and Yang which is what Zekrom and Reshiram are.

Nintendo will keep squeezing PKMN for as long as they can--there's still plenty of animals/things/objects/concepts that haven't been touched yet in PKMN.

HM! Yeh~ I see what you mean, But I guess I don't want it to become like YugiOh, You know like how they have a MOTOR pokemon? I hope they don't start having gadgets etc...

i totally agree & just think, with nintendo 3ds coming out, the pokemon release following on from black & white could be a complete overhaul graphics wise, which will rejuvenate the pokemon games completely. a complete 3D pokemon experience for once, now that is excitinga

Nintendo will keep squeezing PKMN for as long as they can--there's still plenty of animals/things/objects/concepts that haven't been touched yet in PKMN.

i totally agree & just think, with nintendo 3ds coming out, the pokemon release following on from black & white could be a complete overhaul graphics wise, which will rejuvenate the pokemon games completely. a complete 3D pokemon experience for once, now that is excitinga

I agree but also don't agree. the 3DS I think is a big achievement but I don't think it will be wise for nintendo to disband the Dsi and DSi XL, which are still new systems, from the pokemon playing world. I know I am NOT spending money just to play pokemon 3DS. If so Make a version for DSi and DS as well. Kinda like Blu-Ray vs. DVD

Well, 5th Gen has a "Gear PKMN" aptly called Gear.

But yeah, I know what you mean, too. To be honest, the PKMN revealed so far are painfully unappealing, for me at least--maybe two, three at the most I find somewhat interesting, not counting starters and the two legends. At the same time it's too early to bash the game, so I'm sure we'll be pleased with the new PKMN and the rest of the game itself.

And since you mention Yu-Gi-Oh, I hope that PKMN doesn't become as stale, even though some might argue it has. Both are different concepts, though.

Well, 5th Gen has a "Gear PKMN" aptly called Gear.

But yeah, I know what you mean, too. To be honest, the PKMN revealed so far are painfully unappealing, for me at least--maybe two, three at the most I find somewhat interesting, not counting starters and the two legends. At the same time it's too early to bash the game, so I'm sure we'll be pleased with the new PKMN and the rest of the game itself.

And since you mention Yu-Gi-Oh, I hope that PKMN doesn't become as stale, even though some might argue it has. Both are different concepts, though.

Yeh I don't want pokemon to become stale, You know, I am going to get the new game, And I second what you say, the pokemon in B and W so far. Seem less Pokemon-ish and more like Digimon I think.

But you have to remember that Digimon and Yugioh were copies of Pokémon and don't forget that Digimon and Yugioh were inspired by Pokémon. So it does make sence that those three would overlap from each other.

I highly doubt that. They're not copies of Pokemon or anything of that sort. Probably inspired by Pokemon, sure... or perhaps even inspired by the inspiration that made way to Pokemon. Either way, none of them are copies of each other and vice versa.

I'd have to say by this trend perhaps 101-125 new Pokemon will come out. Or maybe even more... if they're going the direction of "out with the old in with the new". Many legends were added from the last generation... there's probably going to be an overdose amount of new legends coming in, perhaps 25 of them will be legends :/

Yeah, it can be said that Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh were definitely inspired by PKMN, or mainly by the idea behind it, but it's a bit of a stretch saying they're both copies. But besides Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh, there are other series similar to PKMN out there.

Yeah, it can be said that Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh were definitely inspired by PKMN, or mainly by the idea behind it, but it's a bit of a stretch saying they're both copies. But besides Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh, there are other series similar to PKMN out there.

Yes There definetly are

Your topics are going slightly astray. I feel the need to remind you that this is a guess as to how many Pokemon there will be out there. If anyone would like to make a new thread, I would gladly approve it.

Sorry about that Alpha.

Alpha, do you believe that their will be over 201+ Pokémon? I also agree with wraith89 stating a possibility of 25+ Legendary Pokémon this time around.

I think we will have between 101 and 125.

I don't think there will be 25+ legends though. I'll see if I can count them all right now.

Minor Trio -> 3

Major Trio (Zekrom, Reshiram, ???) -> 3

Event only Pokemon -> 3?

In-game side events -> 4?

Total = 13

So, 13 is my guess of legends this time around.

I don't think there will be 25+ legends though. I'll see if I can count them all right now.

Minor Trio -> 3

Major Trio (Zekrom, Reshiram, ???) -> 3

Event only Pokemon -> 3?

In-game side events -> 4?

Total = 13

So, 13 is my guess of legends this time around.

Hm By event do you mean event only NEW pkmn