GB Player: Do you prefer playing with the new music or the old?

Fantome

Do you use your GB Player to play old music?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your GB Player to play old music?

• Yes
    • No

Personally, I always have the GB player on. Maybe it's partly nostalgia, but I just find the original music waaaaaaay better than the new. The new music has too many weird instruments in it to me. D:

Which one do you like?

Definitely using the GB Player to play old music. When I first got that item, I got very excited as it brought back memories of playing the original GSC. Although it isn't all the same, GB Player made it seem like those good times when Pokemon was actually good. That was a very smart move of Gamefreak... and I wish they had done that in FRLG. Route 11-15's music in RBY was just awesome... but the perma-bike music did not allow me to listen to all that epicness everytime :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Definitely using the GB Player to play old music. When I first got that item, I got very excited as it brought back memories of playing the original GSC. Although it isn't all the same, GB Player made it seem like those good times when Pokemon was actually good. That was a very smart move of Gamefreak... and I wish they had done that in FRLG. Route 11-15's music in RBY was just awesome... but the perma-bike music did not allow me to listen to all that epicness everytime :(

Totally agree with you.I like the old music because it brought me back just like playing GB.

Unfortunately, a lot of the GB Player music sounds too different to the original tracks, so I find myself preferring the HG/SS music to a lot of them. It's a shame they couldn't make them sound more authentic to the originals, because I'd use it a lot more often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually, I never have played the GB sounds in my Heartgold game (except the time I checked it out). Although, the old 8-bits music was better in my opinion, but more in composition than in sound. I was disappointed when I heard the new music of Heartgold because I thought they could do much more cool things with the material than fill it up with random instruments and weird extra passages. But... to play with the graphics of Heartgold and hear those 8-bits sounds? I do not like that experience, so I do not use the GB option. I prefer to enjoy the music of which I think it is still good (the Team Rocket Theme, the Tin Tower for example). The new music also has some pros, what do you think about the National Park piano cadenza? It is fantastic, for sure! :)

I like the GB Player on. It brings back so many memories. Ahh, nostalgia.

Then again, the new music is like a Pick-Me-Up (lol Super Mario RPG ref) so, it's also nice to hear too.

I can't...choose. xD They're both awesome to me!

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I have it on, sometimes off... normally off, call me crazy but in a lot of places I prefer new. >_>;; And I played the original to death as a kid.

It'd be cooler if they'd made it change the graphics too, lul.

I love the gb player SO MUCH but getting it that late in the game was a shame.

If they would've just ran with the gb player from the very first moment (like a mysterious package appearing at the door when you leave the house) I would've sent letters of praise to gamefreak that very instance and would have loved heartgold so so much more than I did now xD

• 2 weeks later...