What Pokemon Did You Use To Defeat Red?

Noctis_Waits

Nah, Nidoqueen is more defensive, Nidoking is much better for in-game... stronger, faster, etc, everything YOU would love... but I just like Nidoqueen because I had one since Blue version, and continued getting one in every following games I could get her in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had previously use this team to defeat Red.

[hgsssprite]025[/hgsssprite]

Pikachu @ Light Ball (M)

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Static

- Thunderbolt

- Volt Tackle

- Iron Tail

- Quick Attack

[hgsssprite]447[/hgsssprite]

Riolu @ Choice Scarf (M)

Nature: Timid

Ability: Inner Focus

- Aura Sphere

- Shadow Claw

- Bullet Punch

- Drain Punch

[hgsssprite]156[/hgsssprite]

Quilava @ Life Orb (M)

Nature: Timid

Ability: Blaze

- Flamethrower

- Eruption

- Quick Attack

- Sunny Day

I could have used only Lucario. but since he is doing all he could, i used the rest of my team.

-Lucario

-Typhlosion

-Ampharos

the rest. i really plan on using my old silver team and with no legendaries.

-Garchomp- i really am planning to use Dragonite

-Suicune- well it really loves me as Eusine said(sort of)

-Lugia- well it's the hero of my game so i should at least use him for a while.

---as of now, Suicune and Lugia are already removed from the team and has been replaced by others(of course)

anyway,does anyone here made Red talk. when i first did that in Silver it was so funny. i'm sure old gamers here have done that too.

i used my all lvl 75 teamL

typhlosion : eruption flamethrower, double edge and def curl.

tyranitar : stone edge, crunch, scary face and rock climb.

dragonite : extremespeed, D Dance, dragon rush and surf

gengar : hypnosis, dream eater , explosion and shadow ball

kenya (mail mans fearow lol) roost, drill peck, fly, and agility

nidoking: strength, megahorn, toxic spikes, and shadow claw.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I used just Dragonite (Pokewalker ftw) and Typhlosion. They were both way underlvled but they were EV trained so they were able to easily kill Red's pokemon. Thing is, them two died like 5 times each. I had plenty of revives and decoys such as my HM Slaves (poor them). I had to revive my decoys so that I could revive Dragonite and Typhlosion when I needed to.

• 5 weeks later...
Wow.. I understand not caring about the in-game, but no real battle for old times sake?

Not yet. I didn't want to beat him at this time. Not with the max leveled pokes I currently have in my party anyway. I'll get back to him soon with some pokes that I bred and need to train. I just wanted to use his pikachu to beat Giovanni.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Lv. 100 Feraligatr with random IVs and EVs, plus 5 Revive decoys. Total cake walk.

It's a shame you need HMs to reach Red in HG/SS. In GSC, you just needed Flash. And that was optional. It sort of forces your sixth slot to be a HM Slave when people really need a sixth battler. It's one of those things HG/SS did wrong when they tried something new. Same goes for the Espeon-Lapras switch. I guess it gives Red a Hail advantage, but still. You shouldn't mess with one of the most infamous battles in the series.

/endrant ~STBE

• 4 weeks later...

I lead with the event pichu with Endeavor. The hail finished them both off.

Weavile (level 67) took out his Pikachu and Snorlax.

Charizard (level 72) with D-Dance and stone edge and Fire Blast (mixed EV's in Sp Atk and Atk) that took out his Venusaur and Charizard before being KO'ed by Blastoise.

Raichu (level 67) Max attack + choice band + Volt Tackle killed both Blastoise and Raichu.

Dragonite (level 68) max attack + Choice Band and Outrage got his Lapras low, Blizzard missed then Outrage finished it.

I purposely like to carry these battles down to the wire or else they're no fun to me.

Edited by JoK3R

• 2 weeks later...
I lead with the event pichu with Endeavor. The hail finished them both off.

Weavile (level 67) took out his Pikachu and Snorlax.

Charizard (level 72) with D-Dance and stone edge and Fire Blast (mixed EV's in Sp Atk and Atk) that took out his Venusaur and Charizard before being KO'ed by Blastoise.

Raichu (level 67) Max attack + choice band + Volt Tackle killed both Blastoise and Raichu.

Dragonite (level 68) max attack + Choice Band and Outrage got his Lapras low, Blizzard missed then Outrage finished it.

I purposely like to carry these battles down to the wire or else they're no fun to me.

... but... Blizzard does not miss in Hail :o

Typhlosion

Azumarill

Meganium

Furret

Raichu

Umbreon

Mainly my Umbreon and Furret... His Sucker Punch sucker'd out Charizard twice. xD

Umbreon was used to stall Wish/Curse/Baton Pass. xD Also my Typhlosion used Sunny Day so the Hail wouldn't hurt meh.

• 3 weeks later...