I screwed my save (not a rom), can I use Pokésav and AR to change my location?

MiniSkulL

I used the tweak glitch. I always have been careful: I were reading web pages and watching a lot of videos vefore doing anything. However, it wasn't enough and I screwed my save.

My question:

Can I use Pokésav and an Action Replay to change the location where I am while or before it loads the game save?

I don't want to start again yet, not before having tried everything I can do.

After having an issue with a game freezing due to a bad save, I have sympathy.

I am using first person in this but it wasn't my game but a friends. It is just easier on my mind.

The question is why are you having problems causing the freeze. In the case I was involved with, it was related to having Marley as a partner on Victory Road. It was causing the freeze. It wasn't as simple as moving to a different location because the game said Marley was still accompanying me.

I had to lose Marley.

I have an "NDS adapter" so I was able to work on the save file. I tried multiple things but none of them working. I tried moving to a different location on the map but as the game thought Marley was still with me, the game was stuck. None of the normal tools would work because Marley couldn't use them.

I finally moved my character into a location that I had to move through Marley and saved when I was on Marley. That seemed to be enough to get Marley moved into a location that she wasn't stuck in. Game rescued.

After having an issue with a game freezing due to a bad save, I have sympathy.

I am using first person in this but it wasn't my game but a friends. It is just easier on my mind.

The question is why are you having problems causing the freeze. In the case I was involved with, it was related to having Marley as a partner on Victory Road. It was causing the freeze. It wasn't as simple as moving to a different location because the game said Marley was still accompanying me.

I had to lose Marley.

I have an "NDS adapter" so I was able to work on the save file. I tried multiple things but none of them working. I tried moving to a different location on the map but as the game thought Marley was still with me, the game was stuck. None of the normal tools would work because Marley couldn't use them.

I finally moved my character into a location that I had to move through Marley and saved when I was on Marley. That seemed to be enough to get Marley moved into a location that she wasn't stuck in. Game rescued.

No, I got to go in the second false-Sinnoh, however, I was surprised to discover it all white. I travelled around and found what seemed to be Calanave city because of some sprites. I went to north and found the newmoon island, but with the jubilife music, so I stayed here, even if it was white and I saved in the stairs (not to be in a wall).

Now, when I launch my save, I see nothing (normal) and I hear the 3 first notes of the Jubilife tune and then it freezes. I did not get any problem by the past by travelling in the Mystery Zone (I had everything I need to get out), therefore I'm really stuck. I don't think I have any problem such as yours with Marley.

I just have an Ar at the moment. Must I buy your NDS adapter to save my savegame? I hope I don't need to. At the moment, changing the location by Ar is making the screen being white and making the game reboot. Can I do something?

Edited by MiniSkulL
Mistake

No, I got to go in the second false-Sinnoh, however, I was surprised to discover it all white. I travelled around and found what seemed to be Calanave city because of some sprites. I went to north and found the newmoon island, but with the jubilife music, so I stayed here, even if it was white and I saved in the stairs (not to be in a wall).

Now, when I launch my save, I see nothing (normal) and I hear the 3 first notes of the Jubilife tune and then it freezes. I did not get any problem by the past by travelling in the Mystery Zone (I had everything I need to get out), therefore I'm really stuck. I don't think I have any problem such as yours with Marley.

I just have an Ar at the moment. Must I buy your NDS adapter to save my savegame? I hope I don't need to. At the moment, changing the location by Ar is making the screen being white and making the game reboot. Can I do something?

I don't know.

If everything is white, I almost think you are not in the proper playing area. I don't play. I only help my kids and their friends out with the technical issues. I like helping others.

One benefit of the NDS adapter is you can save your game and try different things to see if you can get it to work. It provides a backup so you don't make things worse than they presently are. It could be the best $20 you ever spent.

As for the "False Sinnoh." There is a link that discusses it that I found with a google search for "pokemon second "false Sinnoh". Search for pokemon "false Sinnoh" to learn more.

You may be able to reset your location with the Action Replay by entering a valid map location. As you used a glitch to get into a bad location. You say you saved in the stairs. This could be the problem. The program doesn't know how to process that information. I am a cautious one. I would prefer to make a backup of my game to ensure that I don't lose everything.

I don't know.

If everything is white, I almost think you are not in the proper playing area. I don't play. I only help my kids and their friends out with the technical issues. I like helping others.

One benefit of the NDS adapter is you can save your game and try different things to see if you can get it to work. It provides a backup so you don't make things worse than they presently are. It could be the best $20 you ever spent.

As for the "False Sinnoh." There is a link that discusses it that I found with a google search for "pokemon second "false Sinnoh". Search for pokemon "false Sinnoh" to learn more.

You may be able to reset your location with the Action Replay by entering a valid map location. As you used a glitch to get into a bad location. You say you saved in the stairs. This could be the problem. The program doesn't know how to process that information. I am a cautious one. I would prefer to make a backup of my game to ensure that I don't lose everything.

Do that means that I should pick a location were there are the same stairs to get teleported there?

I expect to find stuff talking about how to perform the tweak glitch if I search that. I got there by this glitch. Of course it is not a proper area! Therefore, not proper areas having the jubilife song (place where I performed the glitch) are usually «parallels» to the true areas. I got to Shaymin's island by tweaking and going there in the first false-Sinnoh.

Do that means that I should pick a location were there are the same stairs to get teleported there?

That is what I first tried. It would help if you had a reference to work with. I don't know enough about the workings of the game to say what will work. The problem is you have to get the correct elevation as well as the location. If you are in the wrong elevation, you won't be able to move or the game won't load properly.

I expect to find stuff talking about how to perform the tweak glitch if I search that. I got there by this glitch. Of course it is not a proper area! Therefore, not proper areas having the jubilife song (place where I performed the glitch) are usually «parallels» to the true areas. I got to Shaymin's island by tweaking and going there in the first false-Sinnoh.

I did see something about getting out of the false Sinnoh and they were showing riding around on a what looked like a bike. See if you can retrace where you entered.

I think the saving part is what screws things up. When the game boots, it tries to take the data and put you in a real location. Now the counters are really out.

Trying to put yourself into a real setting may cause other problems. When you are stuck, you have to try different things. This is where the NDS adapter helped in my case. I could create a backup of the saved file and then make changes without the fear of totally screwing things up (which I did a couple of times.)

If you put yourself into a bad location, how do you put yourself back? At least there is a map for the known locations to use. The fear is you get to one of these locations and you are really stuck. That is what happened to my friends game when we move them out of where they were stuck. They could move but not use any of the tools.

I should get one of my kids to try it on the ROM card after backing up their saved game. It could prove interesting to see. I might be able to give a better answer. Something to try.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I just saw this thread. It might be helpful.

Help, I'm stuck in the mystery zone!

I agree. That's because I don't know the mechanisms of the game that I came asking here (I think most people do understand here). I think that if we can get over this problem, it could be helpful to a lot of people becaue I'm certainly not the first to get it. By the way, I've been in the 2nd false Sinnoh two times (seeking for its false Newmoon island):

The first time, I got there and I could not save because the game believed that I was in the Pal Park, where you cannot save until you get out. I've noticed that riding in the Mystery Zone was like flying over all the game maps but without any collisions anywhere. I ever got in front of Cynthia three times, like if I'd finished the Elite 4, just because I happened to pass just right there. I also ever got to be halted by the waiter in the Seven Stars retaurent (it was closed) and there it transported me in Grand Lake, just in front of the restaurent. I think that I passed over a Pal Park area.

The second time I reached the second false Sinnoh, I tryed to avoid the Pal Park invisible location by riding at the left of the first false Sinnoh. It worked, therefore it was all white. I explored around this gigantic spot of white to finally regornize some Calanave sprites. I then was able to get to Newmoon island (the music was Jubilife's, which means that I whould have gotten to the true place).

I was at the good spot to get to the true one, however I think that the problem is that it was all white. I think that this is what have done that to my save. Normally, it should be booting whith background all black, which can be taken away by displaying the Pokédex (or any other screen). I then should be on the same very spot and in the true Sinnoh.

This is how I understand the problem.

I was at the good spot to get to the true one, however I think that the problem is that it was all white. I think that this is what have done that to my save. Normally, it should be booting whith background all black, which can be taken away by displaying the Pokédex (or any other screen). I then should be on the same very spot and in the true Sinnoh.

When I was trying to rescue a friends game, I moved the character into an invalid location, just a few pixels above or below the true elevation and the game booted with a white background. I wonder if the game thinks you are booting into the wrong location and actually booting at the wrong elevation?

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
When I was trying to rescue a friends game, I moved the character into an invalid location, just a few pixels above or below the true elevation and the game booted with a white background. I wonder if the game thinks you are booting into the wrong location and actually booting at the wrong elevation?

Just a thought.

Maybe? Is there any way to change the elevation?

Maybe? Is there any way to change the elevation?

As codemonkey said, Z is elevation. When I fixed the game for a friend, it was trial and error to get it to work. In a couple of attempts, the change would give me a white screen on start. I knew that it was wrong from the start.

I am hoping for a DSL for fathers day. I have hinted a few times. ;)

I am about to rip a few DS Lites apart to fix broken buttons and touch screens. Found a place for cheap parts.