New type combinations

Creepercool

I like the pure fire type personally.

Back in the day I taught a shiny nintales ice beam. Because well ... it looked fitting. So if I was to give it anything It would be an ice typing. I believe That would have literally no resistances what so ever xD.

If you are talking about Fire/Ice, then Rock, Fighting, and Ground(?) would like to have a word with you. Especially rock.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about Fire/Ice, then Rock, Fighting, and Ground(?) would like to have a word with you. Especially rock.

Resistances ... not weaknesses... As in pretty much everything would hit it for neutral :P.

And Gin, come on man, I'm sure you've done some pretty stupid stuff in your noob days xD.

... I remember Gin in his noob days, when he was known as bob >_>

He still has that iCatchYou Jigglypuff and the game crashing Bidoof, so... that's much noobier than what Tbird did (what Tbird did is cool anyhow) B)

Anyhow, let's get back on topic please. Fire/Bug Pokemon I hear has a limited ways of attaining. What makes it special?

Same here, I am looking forward mostly to a Fire/Ice and an Ice/Bug Type next gen. Steel/Ghost could be quite good, but only if it has Levitate, other wise it won't be doing that much.

Meh levitate only gives it one extra resistance... It'd kick the crap out of most things without it. Provided it didn't have truant or something weird like that.

• 2 weeks later...

They ruined my Dark/Fighting type. :(

I wanted a Fox/Wolfish Ninja-esque thing... No some dumb-looking lizard-y thing... (Lot's of Hyphens and forwardslashes used in this post)

And as for the Dragon/Fighting I mentioned WAAAY back, I imaged it to look like Kojondo. (Kinda bipedal Chinese-style dragon)

I hate zuruggu. Gamefreak gave me everything I asked for this gen, sans the Light type.

1)Fire/Bug type; gogo 4x Rock weakness. Now I just need Fire/Ice, and Ice/Bug, and I can make an entire "Stealth Rocks Raped me" team.

2)Ou legal Drought and Drizzle Pokémon.

3)A lot of new cool Pokémon.

Things I didn't get, but don't matter.

Fire/Elec Priority moves. Replaced by Volt Change

Fire Ghost Pokemon (I did get it, but I was hoping for a mirage; Shandeera is cooler though)

Fire/Water Steam based Pokémon.

The abilities Mirage and Mist Body; Which is Sand Veil for Rain and Sun.

Well... what else can you imagine from a Fire/Water typing? Fire is the only type that hasn't been paired with Water yet... and the new move Boiling Water could have went to a theoretical one... but nope. It's that dreadlock Water monkey's signature move! Although... you can TM55 Boiling Water... still... it could have gone well with the steam...

Personally... I'm still not buying into these new Pokemon. Some I do like (Doredia!), but others... I feel like was created to totally overshadow the old :/

I really love some of these new pokemon. Come on guys, a Steel/Bug type, how cool is that?

Also, we have a new Persian (Lepardas loves in his face). When I first saw Emonga, I was thinking that this is Parchirisu Evo, but sadly its not.

I am happy for the unimaginable Dragon/Ice type Pokemon. I actually love Choroneko, she is so cute and she also killed Meowth.

Doredia is awesome, with nice stats and a nice move pool, she pwns over Roserade hard.

Ninetales with Drought is an excellent turn around (She laughs in Groudon face).

I would still like to see some more unusual typing, something like an Ice/Bug type or a Steel/Ice type.

A Fire/Water type pokemon can look something like Slugma.

I really love some of these new pokemon. Come on guys, a Steel/Bug type, how cool is that?

Also, we have a new Persian (Lepardas loves in his face). When I first saw Emonga, I was thinking that this is Parchirisu Evo, but sadly its not.

I am happy for the unimaginable Dragon/Ice type Pokemon. I actually love Choroneko, she is so cute and she also killed Meowth.

Doredia is awesome, with nice stats and a nice move pool, she pwns over Roserade hard.

Ninetales with Drought is an excellent turn around (She laughs in Groudon face).

I would still like to see some more unusual typing, something like an Ice/Bug type or a Steel/Ice type.

A Fire/Water type pokemon can look something like Slugma.

Bug/Steel... like Forretress and Scizor? Oh wait, what are those again? (Note: being sarcastic here as these two are still competitively viable at least)

Leopard and Persian... two different things. Not comparable at all.

Emonga was made to spit on Pachirisu's face.

The Dragon/Ice Pokemon... good grief! What have they done? It should have turned out better than that guy... and its two hidden moves Frozen Bolt and Cold Flare require charge ups. I hate that. He needs a new form.

What's Choroneko again? Whatever it is it didn't kill Meowth.

Doredia... I love her a lot and she is very beautiful, but she is no way comparable to Roserade. Though she has the ability and a great SpA and speed and even access to Butterfly Dance, she only learns special Grass moves unlike Roserade who has stuff like Weather Ball, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, etc... and also an extra poison typing which can somewhat help. So no... she does not pwn Roserade hard. In fact, it seems to be the other way around. Come on Gamefreak... you give me a Pokemon I actually like but she ends up not so great. What is this?

Ninetales... was usable before Drought but Drought's helpful. Good job Gamefreak! I do love how they gave auto weather effects to two of my favorite Pokemon (Ninetales and Politoed)... but............ what's unfortunate is that most people will just use them for weather purposes, not for what they are, which is a pity, as they are rather good Pokemon but just "overshadowed" by the others.

I just remembered Alpha wanted a Fire ant... but we got a Bug/Steel ant in Aianto who is 4x weak to Fire while its rival is a Fiery Anteater. Trolled much? Although... we got a Fire bug in the form of Urugamoth (read: Uglymoth). Ugly should go to this guy... it doesn't belong on the cute Purugly :S

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man, some new combinations totally rocked, Ghost/ Fire, Ghost/Water and Ghost/Ground.

I found rather interesting of combining Fighting and Water.

The one I liked most was Psychic/Fire A.K.A. Victini or Bikutini. Now that's awesome!

Also, Politoed got Drizzle, as said before. So, yea....he will have more use now.

The new Steel/Bug Pokémon is quite powerful from my experiences at battle simulators (It can use Flamethrower!), and so is the Ghost/Water one, but defensively.

Rotom - W's Type changed from Electric/Ghost to Electric/Water right?