New type combinations

Creepercool

In reality there isn't a two type combination that either resists, nomarlizes, or has immunity against anything. Ghost/Dark is beatable. All you have to do is a foresight type of move, then a fighting move and its super effective. It would be cool if in the next Generation (Generation 6) that you could upgrade the types sort of.

Back on topic, I'm hoping for any legitimate fire type. In my preference, fire/water would be cool.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm constantly thinking about the third game and it's legendary Pokemon.

That third Dragon...what could it look like...what will it symbolize?

Unity? If Reshiram is Yin and Zekrom is Yang then what it this third dragon going to be? Unity? Peace? It's going to be something interesting that's for sure! And besides...isn't that what Team Plasma is looking for/doing? Forced peace? Their suppose to be forcing free Pokemon from their trainers because they think there are being "enslaved" (Which in a sense is "slightly true*) :P But back on-top:

I think it's type will be Ice/Dragon, what better way for unity than those to opposites working together as one Pokemon! And it also completes the "cycle"

Reshiram: Fire/Dragon

Zekrom: Electric/Dragon

3rd Dragon: Ice/Dragon

Whose else agrees with me?

I don't know... I actually thought that a "third" would be Ice/Dragon since the other two are Fire and Electric... but we'll see.

lol Mewtwo, I'm one of those people who think with mostly extremes... I see things in Black and White... but a third version, if it came out, could be the balance between the two? Anyways, an Ice/Dragon would be cool... and I was kind of hoping Reshiram would be... but I guess not.

Meh, we don't really know the dragons' roles yet, but Team Plasma/Neon? Looks like someone's arguing about power source or something? I don't know if it is a theme about unity or anything... Ewww, if it was a game about economics, I'm ready to drop out of my economics class 9000 times over...

The main legends are not Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon but Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Fire.

Unlike the dimension legends from generation 4, which were element/dragon.

If there is a third legend, it is going to be superior, hence it won't be a trio.

The actual legendary trio will be weaker again it seems (like birds, cats, golems).

Theres no reason why they would use the same electric fire ice trio from generation 1. The trio types changed by 1 or 2 every generation and theres still enough types to choose from.

What we can say for sure is that one will be Rock typed. The other 2 could be any of these: dark, grass, ground, poison, fight, psychic.

This has nothing to do with new type combos tho.

But this trio could turn out to be Element/Bug.

I was referring to Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric are the same thing as Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon.

The Third Dragon will likely be Water/Dragon or Flying/Dragon.

yes, but i am sure he meant that the first type is the body and the second is the special power. As in a Dragon the base and fire is the next one is fire. As in a Dragon monster with fire instead of a Fire one with dragon powers.

Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric are the same thing as Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon.

The Third Dragon will likely be Water/Dragon or Flying/Dragon.

Flying/anything will never happen, because flying is exclusively a secondary type.

It does matter in what order the types are listed. Just check it anywhere.

The third dragon could be Water/Dragon and could be both Yin and Yang.

That one's been done already. Palkia is Water/Dragon, so somehow I doubt another one of that typing would be in the works, knowing how game freak works.

A decent Psychic/Dark type would make my day. Much as I would like to see a pure flying type come into the works, I know that its not likely to happen.

ok if there is a possibility of another trio of dragons i'm still betting on Dragon/Dark. But if ever they make it just a Dragon type maybe it's fine. because previous combinations made dragons more prone to OHKO(dragon/flying dragon/ground)

Psychc/Dark type is another choice. hope they make one. hey danika294 i was supposed to post first. :)

but seriously gamefreak has to think about more moves that will be available to most pokemon to counter those wonder guard dark/ghost types of mean people. coz not everybody is prepared to counter them most of the time

ok if there is a possibility of another trio of dragons i'm still betting on Dragon/Dark. But if ever they make it just a Dragon type maybe it's fine. because previous combinations made dragons more prone to OHKO(dragon/flying dragon/ground)

Psychc/Dark type is another choice. hope they make one. hey danika294 i was supposed to post first. :)

but seriously gamefreak has to think about more moves that will be available to most pokemon to counter those wonder guard dark/ghost types of mean people. coz not everybody is prepared to counter them most of the time

They aren't supposed to exist: therefore, I doubt GF will create moves to beat them.

Hopefully, we'll get a usable normal water, that STAB coverage is pretty good. Ice/electric seems good, too, and though it may seem kind of strange, it HAS been done before (I'm looking at YOU, Maplestory!)

They aren't supposed to exist: therefore, I doubt GF will create moves to beat them.

Hopefully, we'll get a usable normal water, that STAB coverage is pretty good. Ice/electric seems good, too, and though it may seem kind of strange, it HAS been done before (I'm looking at YOU, Maplestory!)

By that logic, we should probably have a Fire/Poison too. But a W4 to Ground and an added weakness to Psychic is no good, unless it has Levitate, which would make it a different story.

Ice/Electric means STAB Boltbeam, which would be great. Now what about a climate affecting Pokemon with a horrendous but funny Ice/Fire typing?

@ Lucario: As Gin said, Wonder Guard Ghost/Dark were not meant to exist. You fight Wondertombs/eyes it means you're fighting hackers... which comes to tell you how great of battlers they are... </sarcasm> The fact Fire Fang and Beat Up affects them is some sort of a glitch. Also, you can just get a Mold Breaker Pokemon (hi Pinsir and Rampardos!... or hacked Mold Breakers >_>) and use non Normal/Fighting/Psychic moves if you're really that worried about Wondertomb. And don't forget about status like Toxic/Will-o-Wisp...

I'd like to see a Fire/Electric (or Elec/Fire (same difference))

Although it would have a crippling weakness to Ground, It would neutrally STAB any type save for Dragon.

Special Attack would be fairly high, along with speed making it an effective, albeit fragile Special Sweeper.

(Roles and stat speculations are based one the type averages.

I'd like to see a Fire/Electric (or Elec/Fire (same difference))

same difference?

It's not the same, there is a difference. The first type is the main type, the other one is secondary, an additional type.

Fire/Electric would very likely be more easily recognizable as Fire, and vice versa.

Why do you all insist it doesn't matter? Just check it on existing pokemon, tehre's lots of examples.

I'd love to see either of the 2 combinations, they both lack members with the type as secondary (only houndour ad chinchou others are main)

My idea would be a Fire/Poison snake with levitate, and is it me or should either Flygon or Yanmega should have been Dragon/Bug?

Also some Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Ground, Ghost/Water, Ghost/Fire, i just want more ghosts, they are my favorite type by far! (you have no idea how much i loved Froslass and Rotom... not so big on Drifloom....)

No arceus dosen't looks like a dragon, he looks like a raindeer doing a horse pose. & i think they dont combined main elementals like water&fire it just dosen't work unless pokemon starts a fusion mechanic i dont think that will happen but it sounds cool in theory.

@steel/ghost idea:

I'm planing for a long time now to make one like that. Although levitate would probably be too good on that, since ground is one of the 2 only weaknesses of that combination.

Let me list all my planned yet nonexisting type combinations:

grass/dragon

bug/dark (i thought it was such an obvious combo i just had to use it)

bug/water (surskit! but you know, it's not even fully evolved)

rock/fight

ground/poison

ground/dark (ive made fakemon with this one in every generation i made; the new croc is of this typing now finally btw)

grass/electric

grass/ghost (ghosts need some awesome variations like this :D)

fight/flying (only flying combo that doesnt exist yet)

ice/poison

ice/fight

ice/electric

ice/steel (those double weaknesses should hurt tho x___x)

dark/fight

dark/dragon

steel/ghost

water/ghost

water/fire (impossible? nothing is :D)

fire/psychic

ghost/psychic

steel/poison

fire/ghost

rock/dragon (i hope the next fossil will really be part dragon now that we had water grass and bug already, and since its kinda obvious choice)

dragon/electric

bug/electric

bug/psychic

grass/steel

electric/ground

poison/rock

psychic/dark

colorful lol