New type combinations

Creepercool

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like Cooler would be cool as a dragon, bu he would have to be dragon/psychic. or they come out with pokemon that are three types? (impossible, i know)

If anything a Cooler-like PKMN will work best as Dragon/Fighting, as was discussed--I can't see it work as Dragon/Psychic. Actually, Dragon/Psychic is the least combination I'm looking forward to.

With all the new types we have so far, it looks like battling is going to change a lot.

Well, obviously.

An Ice/Dragon type would be pretty cool, but that would almost be impossible to take down, so that might not happen.

Reshiram looks like a Ice/Dragon to me, because he is frosty white, but that's just me :).

Kingdra was Ice/Dragon, I don't see why they couldn't make another.

I'm always surprised anew when i see a discussion about new type combinations. I mean the lack of imagination at combinations from 17 different types. And they always start with ppl wondering how combos of basic types would look like (grass/fire, water/fire...), even tho things like steel/ghost are far more interesting to think about, and then these discussions end up with dragons lol.

I made a pic quite some time ago with all the combinations that havent been used yet.

http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d222qgc

Check if you find anything interesting with this now :)

I mean things like Electric/Poison, Fire/Ghost, Steel/Grass, Rock/Dragon (fossils anyone?), Bug/Dark,or the only missing flying combination, Fight/Flying, etc.

An Ice/Dragon type would be pretty cool, but that would almost be impossible to take down, so that might not happen.

Do you realise that Ice is the worst defensive type out of all the 17?

How would adding it to the dragon type make it almost impossible to take down? It would make it have 4 weaknesses (including the common rock and fighting types) and only 3 resistances.

wow.

Not as bad as the combos with quad weaknesses to ground and fight, but thats one crap dragon.

Give it any other type and it's better off LOL

"almost be impossible to take down"

You are looking for a Steel Ghost combo with levitate.

4 immunities

1 weakness

1 quad resistance

7 normal resistances

Only thing hurting would be fire, and just water electric ghost dark would be neutral, everything else (12 types) either crap or nothing.

It would be interesting to have a Light type pokemon, so it counters the Ghost/Dark combo.

That would be interesting, but at this point I am not sure that they would add a new type. Though you never know. It could happen.

Actually there is no way they would add a new type now. They would have done so long ago if they wanted to.

It's pretty good as it is with the 17.

And light sounds kinda as lame as say heat type.

If anything, the current types would need some renaming to add some logic but that wont happen either.

Do you realise that Ice is the worst defensive type out of all the 17?

How would adding it to the dragon type make it almost impossible to take down? It would make it have 4 weaknesses (including the common rock and fighting types) and only 3 resistances.

wow.

Not as bad as the combos with quad weaknesses to ground and fight, but thats one crap dragon.

Give it any other type and it's better off LOL

"almost be impossible to take down"

You are looking for a Steel Ghost combo with levitate.

4 immunities

1 weakness

1 quad resistance

7 normal resistances

Only thing hurting would be fire, and just water electric ghost dark would be neutral, everything else (12 types) either crap or nothing.

Not only did I already list that, Ice/Dragon could be hard to take down. For all you know, it could have the HP of Blissey, the defenses of Deo-D, the speed of Deo-S, and a movepool bigger than Arceus and Mew combined. Put all that with, say, Shed Skin, and that'll be tough to beat. Now, with a normal plegend setup, it would not necessarily be easy to take down. Sure it gets redundant coverage with Ice/Dragon STAB, but it's not like we get much positive use out of Salamence's flying type, and it's still banned. Same thing with Quaza. I think the ability to run a mixed set with Ice Shard, Dragon STAB, EQ, and filler or boosting move could be pretty dangerous. Dragon lacks a good priority move, and STAB Ice Shard could also help bring other dragons back to OU. As a version mascot, we can be sure it will be broken. This means that it will have bloated stats and a great movepool, as well as custom moves and/or ability. GF hasn't let us use a version legend since Suicune, why would they now?

To all the Light type people: No, it won't happen. If it were to happen, they probably would have made Reshi light type. Anyway, they've been happy with our current types since gen II, so we won't be seeing many changes to THAT soon. Also, though we do have precedence with time capsule stuff in Gen I/II trading, I don't think they will screw us around with changing the types.

There are too many dragons as it is already.

Are there?

I'd agree if you mean legendary dragon pokemon, since the past 2 gens added 3 each x___x

But regular dragons... we need more.

There was

1.Dratini line

2.Kingdra

3.Bagon, Trapinch, Swablu lines

4.Gible line

I wouldnt mind some more secondary dragons, with interesting main types this time.

honestly i wanna see a dragon/steel type pokemon. maybe it could be the suedo legendary pokemon of this gen. i also wanna see a steel/ice steel/grass and pretty much just more steel combos and dragon combos. whos with me!?!?!?!

Kibago (the green bagon/larvitar like guy) definitely looks like it could be the pseudo legend of gen 5. Looking at its evolution, it could well be part steel, with that armor and the tusks becoming so blade-like.

But yea! And more ghost combos. xD

Heat type sounds so similar to Fire its pointless to put that and it would be nice to add Light types to dominate against the Ghost and Dark types.

Let me try replacing some words here

"Light type sounds so similar to Electric its pointless to put that and it would be nice to add Heat types to dominate against the Steel and Psychic types."

Hmmm....makes the same amount of sense to me.

...Ice/Dragon could be hard to take down...

Of course a pokemon can be hard to take down no matter its type, but thats missing the point.