New type combinations

Creepercool

I found the statement "way back in rs" funny.

Anyway, yes, that would be pretty cool. I would more want a water/poison, though. That would be like murky waters.

Heck, now that I think about it, Grimer should be dual-typed for that.

But if anything, a pure flying type or anything dual-typed with fire (with high base stats :( ) would be nice.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or a Fire + Grass type... we have Grass + Water... now all we need are Fire + Grass and Water + Fire... the former seems more doable than the latter, but a water beast that can breathe fire? Sounds plausible.

Reshiram being Fire + Dragon is weird. Why couldn't it just be Ice + Dragon? Sure... bad defensive type, but still... Ice would be nice :/

Fire + Dragon is a very easy typing to do... but Reshiram of all things? o_o

Fire needs more variety since it isn't even paired with awesome types. Electrics are only paired with Water/Flying/Steel/Ghost... and I forgot what else... so anything else would really be nice.

What about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_Beetle

Fire farting beetle :/

they most likely already have anotha legendary with dragon/ice typing.

fire farting beetle, makes me all warm inside, lol.

A Dark+Fighting type is something I'd REALLY enjoy.

It would only be weak to Flying and Fighting and would score a fair ammount of STAB super effectives (7 out of 17 types.)

and Neutral STABs on the other 10. leaving the last two slots open to customization

Plus almost guaranteed access to Sucker Punch, Close Combat STABS making it a fairly hard hitter (assuming good Physical Attack

(Focus Blast and Dark Pulse assuming SpAtt although less preferable)).

As well as not taking much damage from Stealth Rocks (6.25%).

Main problem being the fighting weakness, I'd run a Chople Berry on it if not using Life Orb or Lefties.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any point.

Amen.

I've always wanted a Steel/Fighting ever since Steel-types were introduced. Granted, it will still retain its Steel weaknesses, but they can be easily mitigated with the proper team support.

Do you mean Like Lucario? :P.

The dark fighting though - That would be pretty cool.

Oh yeah... Boy, guess my brain farted there for a moment.

But still, I would like to see another Steel/Fighting type, not that I don't like Lucario, but it's not exactly what I had in mind.

I know what you mean :/

I'll openly say I quite hate Lucario :P. Something more scizor, but less bug looking ... Like steel blue colour, that's be pretty awesome.

Though I have pretty much just described Lucario xD.

Edited by Tbird
Forgot one of the most important words xD

I know what you mean. Lucario doesn't even look like a Steel type.

I'm also actually working on a personal Fakemon of the Dark/Fighting.

(It'll be posted in an appropriate section at some point)

As for another type combo I'd like to see, is a Ghost/Steel.

(Not as much reasoning here as the Dark/Fighting. That just ended up being more awesome than originally thought)

I know what you mean :/

I'll openly say I quite hate Lucario :P. Something more scizor, but less bug looking ... Like steel blue colour, that's be pretty awesome.

Though I have pretty much just described Lucario xD.

Well, you're not the only one I know that outright hates Lucario, then. =P

I know what you mean. Lucario doesn't even look like a Steel type.

First time I saw Lucario I thought he was either Dark or Psychic, seeing how he resembled Anubis.

When I think Steel/Fighting the first thing that comes to my mind is Colossus from The X-Men:

colossusxmen44096951024.jpg

As for another type combo I'd like to see, is a Ghost/Steel.

(Not as much reasoning here as the Dark/Fighting. That just ended up being more awesome than originally thought)

Yeah, I've pondered the possiblity of a Ghost/Steel, as well. I'm thinking a spirit inhabiting a plate armor with his crimson eyes always lit.

Sounds interesting and would like to see more stuff using Metal Coat. And, as RASN said, Ice fighting would be pretty cool (Pun unintended)

I'd also like to see an Grass/Steel (Horrendous weakness to Fire, but resists to at least neutral on almost everything else save for fighting)

Seeing a Dragon/Fighting would be interesting (Insane PhysAtt and Speed, modest almost all other stats).

I can see an Ice/Fighting combo, and a Yeti comes to mind...for whatever reason.

A Grass/Steel, while unconventional, does offer some interesting options; the 4x weakness to Fire doesn't bother me much, to be honest. And a Dragon/Fighting sure sounds weird, but I'm guessing if Godzilla can throw punches, kicks, and do pseudo wrestling moves, then Wynaut? I do am glad that we're getting a Dragon/Fire at last.

Dragon fighting would be a cool type for sure. I imagine it to look more humanoid than dragon though .. I got a really cool image in my head. I'll try and describe it, but it won't sound right. But like all black with kind of like Cooler's (DBZ) final form head and maybe some wings on it's back .. I dunno lol.

But a humanoid dragon looking thing would be sick for sure.

..But knowing game freak they'd make it flying/fighting. Which would still be a new typing so cool anyway xD.