New type combinations

Creepercool

Since I started playing pokemon way back during Ruby and Sapphire, I've always wanted a Water-Fire typed pokemon. What do you think Black and White has in store for us here? Think of how awesome a fire-electric would look like.

Edited by Alpha
bad inaccuracy

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most unpaired types are Fire, Electric, and Bug. For good reasons you don't see Ice-Fire types. I'm surprised there is no Fire-dragon yet, that'd be easy to accomplish. Electric-ground sounds doable, despite the contradictions there. For bugs... maybe a psychic pairing?

Afterthought: Fire ant.

I'd be willing to bet we'll see an Electric-Bug pairing with this new Dentula pokemon that was revealed.

The first part of its name means electricity and the second is part of tarantula.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that the English name will end up being Electula... the play on words is just... too perfect of a match.

Or a Fire + Grass type... we have Grass + Water... now all we need are Fire + Grass and Water + Fire... the former seems more doable than the latter, but a water beast that can breathe fire? Sounds plausible.

Reshiram being Fire + Dragon is weird. Why couldn't it just be Ice + Dragon? Sure... bad defensive type, but still... Ice would be nice :/

Fire + Dragon is a very easy typing to do... but Reshiram of all things? o_o

Fire needs more variety since it isn't even paired with awesome types. Electrics are only paired with Water/Flying/Steel/Ghost... and I forgot what else... so anything else would really be nice.

What about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_Beetle

Fire farting beetle :/

No, there isn't a Ghost/Psychic yet. A Bug/Fire is possible, and I wouldn't see why there can't be a Dragon/Ice either. Truth be told, as far as appearances go, Reshiram definitely looks like a Dragon/Ice PKMN.

Also, I wouldn't mind some "retypings" myself.

Luxray definitely looks like an Electric/Dark PKMN; Stantler has this Girafarig vibe to it, so adding a Psychic typing wouldn't seem odd; and wouldn't it be cool if Gengar lost it's Poison typing? Yeah, too awesome, but highly unlikely. I can dream...

Anyway, on a slightly different subject, way back during the RB* days, when I saw Kangaskhan for the first time, I was under the impression it was a Rock-type, just because of the way it looks.

*Red Robin! YUM!!

hoping to see dragon-ice & psychic-fire legendaries

No, there isn't a Ghost/Psychic yet. A Bug/Fire is possible, and I wouldn't see why there can't be a Dragon/Ice either. Truth be told, as far as appearances go, Reshiram definitely looks like a Dragon/Ice PKMN.

*Red Robin! YUM!!

reshiram = WHITE FIRE

zekrom = BLACK ELECTRICAL BURN

• 2 weeks later...