Rate My Individual *Unique* Pokemon set

randomspot555 edit: This thread is for posting unique move sets that you made up. These should be mostly original (don't just change one move on a standard set). And they do have to be COMPLETE (held item, EVs, 4 move slots, explanation/role, etc...) Please follow the posting format in the RMT Rules.

Happy posting!

Hi everyone, is anyone here willing to share creative movesets?

If you are then please share them here as I am trying to find good movesets other than smogons

Here is 1 of my own

Scizor

Name: Agility sweeper

Nature: Adamant

Ev's: 252 Atk, 252 spd, 6 def

Moves: Iron Head/Bullet punch, Superpower, Agility, X-Scissor

Hold item: Life orb/Focus Sash

Description:

This set is pretty simple, use agility to get scizor's speed stat high

If you choose adamant nature, after 1 agility, scizor's speed will hit 458 enabling scizor to outspeed anything except deoxys speed form and pokemon that are scarfed

The choice between Bullet Punch and Iron head depends on what you prefer

Bullet punch is good for priority while Iron Head is better for power

As for the hold item, Focus Sash garantee's at least 1 agility while life orb gives scizor's moves more of a punch

Edited by randomspot555

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creative moveset... meaning not Smogon? Okay...

Victreebel@Leftovers

Swords Dance Sweeper

Adamant

76 HP/252 Atk/180 Speed

- Swords Dance

- Body Slam/Return/Sleep Powder

- Sucker Punch/Leaf Storm

- Leaf Blade

180 speed outspeeds most neutral base 60s. Victreebel gets Leaf Blade back in Platinum, but oddly cannot learn Poison Jab nor Gunk Shot (the latter I understand but the former?) So the concept is simple... either Sleep the enemy or hope for a paralysis with Body Slam (FR/LG tutor) and Swords Dance up, and start attacking with STAB Leaf Blade, which actually has type coverage compared to Gen III's physical Sludge Bomb. To fight against faster Psychics like Alakazam, you may opt for Sucker Punch to take them down. If Psychics are least of your worries, you can try Leaf Storm to hurt physical walls better, but Sucker Punch is preferred. For that second slot, use Return for type coverage, Body Slam for a chance of paralysis (or Stun Spore if you wish), or Sleep Powder to put one counter to sleep, depending on what your team needs the most.

How about some OU Pokemon?

Also, the OP's set is basically the same thing as the Swords Dance set with Agility being mentioned in the "Other Options" category.

I know you people love countering Smogon and sometimes I do too but... Sometimes you can't : /

How about some OU Pokemon?

Also, the OP's set is basically the same thing as the Swords Dance set with Agility being mentioned in the "Other Options" category.

I know you people love countering Smogon and sometimes I do too but... Sometimes you can't : /

They need a physical set for Victreebel... notice how I took the special set as a template :-/

Want to make a set yourself?

Every set I make is outclassed by a Smogon set : /. Most of the time its just switching items or one move.

While I don't want this discussion to go much further than...well, my post because I'm selfish (though you can take it to the Team Building thread or the All Around Team thread), as you progress and gain experience, you'll find that even small tweaks in the standard sets will greatly help, depending on your style of battling. It's especially true when you get thrown into different environments. You can't play PBR Wi-Fi the same way you play on Smogon's server on Shoddy, or at a Nintendo Doubles tournament.

Novelty? Why not.

Absol @ Choice Scarf

Super Luck

Adamant

4 Def 252 Atk 252 Spe

-Night Slash

-Psycho Cut

-Pursuit

-Stone Edge?

Scarfed at 374 speed, it'l outspeed anything up to base 120 speed. Switch into any psychic attack with impunity and Pursuit on the switch; Night Slash if you predict otherwise. Psycho Cut allows for a nice countermeasure to fighting types and since scarfed it outspeeds all of them, its worthwhile. Stone Edge is mostly a filler. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Would my physical Victreebel set work? :)

Let's try to make some novelty sets too... they're fun but not competitive...

I dunno. It feels a lot like Leafeon. Leafeon would be great if it got more moves.

Your Victreebel has Grass, dark and normal moves. Whenever you have to depend on Normal moves (other than STAB) it means that something is wrong. Most of the time all you really need is two moves to cover most Pokemon. Grass/Dark is only resisted by Croagunk, Houndoom, Shiftry, Skuntank and Honchkrow (I think its just those five).

I mean, there's a reason its NU : /

I dunno. It feels a lot like Leafeon. Leafeon would be great if it got more moves.

Your Victreebel has Grass, dark and normal moves. Whenever you have to depend on Normal moves (other than STAB) it means that something is wrong. Most of the time all you really need is two moves to cover most Pokemon. Grass/Dark is only resisted by Croagunk, Houndoom, Shiftry, Skuntank and Honchkrow (I think its just those five).

I mean, there's a reason its NU : /

Possibly, but it still did me well against Damio's OU team :)

Water + Normal does give good coverage though. And yeah, you're right... outclassed by Leafeon. I forgot that thing existed. I pay more attention to the first 150 and whatnot...

More novelty sets!

Persian@Life Orb

Timid

Limber

6 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed

- Hypnosis

- Dream Eater

- Nightmare (is this learnable? At least in GSC it was...)

- Fake Out

That's why they're novelty sets. Have you seen Stephen's Special Sweeping Aggron I posted above? :P

Since you said we can't beat Smogon's sets... we're making sets that are more... fun oriented.

Novely sets suck. As Destati said, no one is going to leave their Pokemon in so you can dream eat it.

Ideally, this thread should be making original competitive sets. Novelty sets are fine, but in a competitive environment, they're just bad. But they're fine for in-game. Maybe even the BT.

Novely sets suck. As Destati said, no one is going to leave their Pokemon in so you can dream eat it.

Ideally, this thread should be making original competitive sets. Novelty sets are fine, but in a competitive environment, they're just bad. But they're fine for in-game. Maybe even the BT.

I know that. It's not like I play competitively like that >.>

What do you all take me for, an idiot? :D

*note: 5 people in this community think I'm an idiot :)*

Weavile@Life Orb

40 HP/252 SpAtk/216 Speed

Timid

- Nasty Plot

- Ice Beam

- Dark Pulse

- HP Fight

Have fun with that set :P

Edited by wraith89

But thats like suggesting the same for a pokemon like rampardos.

Rampardos @ Choice Specs

6 Hp/ 252 Special attack/252 speed

Timid with Mold breaker

Thunderbolt/Thunder

Flamethrower/Fireblast

Surf

Icebeam/Hidden power Ground/Rock.

Whats the point when it takes 3 Nasty plot's passed to him WITH choice specs for him to rival that of the majority of special sweepers without having to set up? He does more damage with a move like tackle then he will with specially based ones like this.

The same can be said about Weavile.

Edit* Battling for fun and battling competitively are completely different, you cannot change the definition of competitive to suit how you want to play to encompass sets like these.

Competitive is battling to win, and having fun creating and using the most direct and effective move sets in order to win. By using what your calling "fun" sets, your NOT battling competitively at all.

• 1 month later...

I really liked this topic when I first see it few days ago. Tried to built up something

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Immunity

EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef

Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Amnesia

- Crunch

- Psychic

- Protect

This should be a Snorlax Wall. Investing tons of EVs on his Sp.Def and sharing the rest between HP and Def. because base stats for Def aren't really amazing. Protect gives him coverage against pokèmon that can outspeed is ridicolous Speed of 72. Amnesia pushes Sp. Def to optimum levels while Psychic protects Snorlax from Fightning pokèmons that he suffers. Crunch is the best investment in terms attack/effect because it can lower foe's defence. Leftovers makes him even stronger to knock down.