Ice Shard?

Me and my brother were looking at the tiers, and we saw most Weavile movesets with Ice Shard, and we were wondering why that it has the power and ability of quick attack, that it is seemingly a replacement for Ice Punch. Can someone elaborate on Ice Shard for me please?

Me and my brother were looking at the tiers, and we saw most Weavile movesets with Ice Shard, and we were wondering why that it has the power and ability of quick attack, that it is seemingly a replacement for Ice Punch. Can someone elaborate on Ice Shard for me please?

Ice Shard, on ice types, has STAB and priority. This makes it a handy weapon for revenge killing Pokes that are in mid-low health that might've gotten a few Dragon Dances up on you or are holding a Choice Scarf.

Generally, low-powered priority moves aren't used unless backed up by STAB and/or an ability like Technician.

Yes. Mamoswine and Weavile are some of the best Salamence/Flygon counters when they are locked on Outrage. And because of Salamence's speed and power after a Dragon Dance there is no better way to stop it. Also Weavile doesn't have much need for Ice Punch, it seems like other then Machamp and a few other Ground types, most of the things that take damage from Ice Punch take almost as much damage from Night Slash.