Problems with ARDS Code Output of Pokesav

Soldjermon

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the ARDS portion of pokesav isn't working.. well, here's some explanations, of why they aren't working as well as they should, and what solutions you can take, to make the AR codes working to your advantage.

pokesav, proper lists version

this version clearly doesn't like to support ARDS function, because of the spacing bug.

why this happens? it could be that it's tied to the full names of the pokemon and items that are listed properly.

there are two ways to fix the spacing issue.

• one way, is the old-fashioned, time-consuming way, of doing it yourself. it's not recommended, unless you have a crapload of time on your hands.
  • there's also another way, with a web page, that does the spacing for you, which is here(thanks to Jason). also, if you want to fix the problem offline, there's also this program to download(thanks to Biohazard), if you like. I would recommend the web page more though, because that also supports .txt format files as well, unless someone proves otherwise that the program also supports .txt format files.

pokesav, ARDS Code Output version

this one is most reliable for people who has ARDS, but the names of the pokemon and the items aren't consistent with the game, so you would have-to add the full name manually, which can also be a little time-consuming, if you want your pokemon to be completely legal and "look legit".

there's also a bug in the ARDS portion of this version, which I thought was fixed completely, but I guess I was wrong, since I've noticed a couple of posts that the game ID isn't complete, and is missing a letter.

there's two ways to fix this as well.

• one way, is to fix it by opening up in notepad and putting that letter that is missing in the game ID.
  • another way, is to just save it as .txt format, so you don't have-to deal with the game ID bullshit; since because .txt format only saves the code itself and maybe the name of the code, not the game ID and extra HTML junk that comes with .xml formats.
    but doing it this way, would have-to make you put the codes in the old-fasioned way, by copying and pasting the codes into your ARDS Code Manager(tutorial of that is here), which could take a longer time to put your codes in your ARDS cart.

so, there you go. ways to fix your AR codes! :D have fun hacking!

- Soldjermon

I had thought that the thing with having the two different versions of pokesav D/P was just a temporary solution and the the problems would be fixed at some point so we'd have just a single version of pokesav D/P again.:confused:

there are two ways to fix the spacing issue.

• one way, is the old-fashioned, time-consuming way, of doing it yourself. it's not recommended, unless you have a crapload of time on your hands.
  • there's also another way, with a web page, that does the spacing for you, which is here(thanks to Jason). also, if you want to fix the problem offline, there's also this program to download(thanks to Biohazard), if you like. I would recommend the web page more though, because that also supports .txt format files as well, unless someone proves otherwise that the program also supports .txt format files.

Use that program.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...