Why Stadium 2 will (probably) never be on the Virtual Console

MACandCHEEZWIZ1

Recently, I learned that Stadium: Gold & Silver (Stadium 2 outside of Japan) would probably never be on the Virtual Console. There is a 40MB limit on games, and S3:G&S is 64MB (only a few games for the N64 are this large). On the other hand, Stadium 2 (Stadium outside of Japan) is 32MB, so it would be alright. I'm not sure how many megabytes the original Stadium (unreleased outside of Japan) has, but factoring in its 42 Pokémon, as well as that it probably went through some important changes when switching from the 64DD to the N64 itself, I'm guessing 16MB or 12MB. Please correct any of my information if it's wrong. Now, my question is, has Nintendo ever uploaded something that exceeds 40MB on the Virtual Console? Could they drastically shorten the total MB by reprogramming it more efficiently, and getting rid of dead weight? Now, many would consider this useless, as connectivity with Generations I and II was a big deal. Well, on the off-chance that a Virtual Console for handhelds was created for the DSi, and wireless connectivity was implemented into both the Stadium series and the handheld games, would it possible to connect them? Would they be so drastically changed that they would be considered DSiWare or WiiWare? Is absolutely any of this possible, or even plausible?

Well for one, they had Pokémon Battle Revolution which was the closest to Pokémon Stadium, but for the WiiWare, they created Pokémon Rumble which was kind of the similar to Pokémon Stadium.

Yes, it is possible for a remake of Pokémon Stadium I and II for the Nintendo Wii or WiiWare, but not likely for the Nintendo DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL or DSiWare.

• 1 month later...
They won't be on the Virtual Console for the sole reason of no transfer pak support...

The games would crash upon load...

Lol no.

You don't need transfer pak to play Stadium.

• 4 weeks later...
Why port the Stadiums? I say make a Pokémon Stadium 3 (Stadium 4 in Japan) on either WiiWare or disc. Make it compatible with all Gen V and/or Gen IV titles. Problem solved. :D ~STBE

That's what Battle Revolution and Colloseum were... Just weren't named Stadium... (And had worse rental Pokemon...)

Lol no.

You don't need transfer pak to play Stadium.

You need the virtual support for a Transfer Pak though...

Technically speaking, when a .wad (the installation file for Wii stuff) gets installed on a system, the biggest section of the .wad is the ROM of the game... So when you play a Virtual Console game, it is the emulated ROM of the game officially re-released by Nintendo...

So if they were to put either Stadium into the VC, it may install just fine, but when you go to run it, the ROM will tell the Wii to initialize the Transfer Pak, and the Wii will laugh and give you a DSi error...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...