Poryhack's showcase of stuff

Poryhack

Welcome to my little exhibition. Although you probably wouldn't guess it by looking at my very bare avatar and signature, I used to be in the habit of making pretty good signatures, renders, ect. I discovered the joys of Photoshop in June of 2007, not long after I joined my first forum. I managed my own pokemon-art club for nearly a year before deciding to move into the more mature art community on DevART.

Around this time, June 2008, my priorities underwent a sudden shift when I discovered the then-new forums on pokesav.org. Rather than developing my creative skills to the level when I could produce original works as I had planned, I got more and more active with event-collecting and just the general workings of pokesav.org. You can guess the rest.

So here I am today, showing you works that are almost all from days long past. Whether I will ever find the time to improve my skills I don't know.

oldPHCbanner.png

Ironically, my first (rather shitty) banner was for (yet another rather shitty) "hacking" club that I started before my art club. I was a noob, and it failed epically. Moving on.

toxicbanner.png

steelixbanner.png

These two banners, which I made almost back to back, were my entry into the world of signatures. I think they're pretty good for a beginner.

KGrequest2.png

KGrequest31.png

KGrequest4.png

These were requests I did for a competitive battling team, Team Eclipse, over the course of my art phase.

cyberkiller.png

I was experimenting with some drip effects, and when I came up with the hex "blood", I just had to do this.

eye.png

This is one of my few non-pokemon works, and also one I did without the aid of material from outside sources.

SSBBspecialeffectrenders.png

Around the time SSBB was released, I went on a rendering binge. There's not many images from the official site I didn't render. You can see the rest here. (Yes I'm aware this has a black background, it was necessary to show off the transparency.)

PCfavsrequest-bellomence.png

This was just a random request, but I really liked the way it turned out.

Untitled-1.png

Ode to oldskool.

fenzo.png

A request by our very own fenzo. This was done a few months after the above. I'm still proud of the flame effect. :D

pumpkin_desktop_1152x864.jpg

I gotz pumkin carving skillz 2! This was done for Halloween 08. At the request of my dad, I did a little mirroring and made this nice wallpaper.

TCGslugma.pngTCGmawhile.png

Every now and then I will do a TCG render, I actually find it quite relaxing.

duskull.png

This is something I did pretty recently. I was experimenting with vector styles so I redid some TCG art to make the above.

fan.png

High-res sugimori artwork must be rendered!

That's all for now, I will post any new stuff. Thanks for reading and feel free to comment on anything.

Ohhhh you made the Fenzo's sigm and weird those Eyes they look familiarm did you post then in the previous forumsm or possibly I've seen them in Deviant Art, anywho they look FaBuLoUs! i really want to learn to do graphic stuff like that, but when i downloaded Photo shop, the expression in my face was: :eek::confused:

Ohhhh you made the Fenzo's sigm and weird those Eyes they look familiarm did you post then in the previous forumsm or possibly I've seen them in Deviant Art, anywho they look FaBuLoUs! i really want to learn to do graphic stuff like that, but when i downloaded Photo shop, the expression in my face was: :eek::confused:

You didn't know?

Also, HottSushiz is a pirate :eek: