We need a wider variety of battle pokemon

lately I've been seeing a lot of the same pokemon in shoddy battle. Moves like stealth rock have been narrowing down what I see. I know that there is already a thread for stealth rock but this is my opinion: All new pokemon games from here on out should simply have more pokemon with descent stats. First of all, people could use more of what they like, not what they have to use just to avoid being pummeled on shoddy battle. Also, if you had more pokemon to choose from, you wouldn't have to worry about popular moves. Surely not all of your favorite pokemon would be weak to stealth rock and such, right?

PS: yes, I'm new to Project Pokemon, but I do have a lot of experience in shoddy battle.

Most people play to win, less then they play to use what they like and have a good time.

I do wish that some Pokemon had decent stats at the very least, but this game is made to have good, bad, decent, average and potentially good.

In my case I use what I like, but manage to win still, and because I've used probably 97% of all fully evolved pokes, I generally have experience with whatever I use and whatever I face. So use a lot of different things! You'll gain from it.

Btw what server do you occasionally visit, and what is your username(s) there?

• 1 month later...

If you can't use pokes that you like to use and win, then your not a good battler is all it is. You need to become better.

A team of UUs/BLs should have no problem beating a team of OUs.

The tiers are so arbitrary its not even funny, and "stealth rock" doesn't narrow down anything. Its REALLY easy to pack a f*cking rapid spinner. Several great pokes learn it.

My personal favorite spinner is Claydol, because its immune to toxic spikes/spikes, and resists Stealth Rock.

A team of UUs/BLs should have no problem beating a team of OUs.

Depends on the Pokemon and the trainer, really. You can hand someone a team of six Ubers, but if they don't know how to use them efficiently, they won't win battles at all against skilled trainers. Similarly, not all Pokemon are created equal. Delibird is not going to be good, like, ever.

Its REALLY easy to pack a f*cking rapid spinner. Several great pokes learn it.

Please don't self-censor. It just looks dumb. If you are uncomfortable with using that language, then just don't use it.

Several do learn it, but a spinner often negates other things it can do. And it means you give up a slot. AND it also means it can easily be blocked by Ghost types. In fact, Claydol is pretty easily countered by Rotom forms and Sub-Pain Split Gengar.

Many people like to play UU for the very reasons you are speaking. There is a much more vast metagame going on there, so if you want diversity, I reccomend UU. Many times, UU/Bl can in fact beat OU, but the best way to achieve this is to merely create Anti-Meta teams. I mean, who is going to expect a Stockpiling Cradily on a Sandstorm Team? (Not the best example, but it is one.) Black and White should hopefully Expand the metagame, but we'll just have to see.

Depends on the Pokemon and the trainer, really. You can hand someone a team of six Ubers, but if they don't know how to use them efficiently, they won't win battles at all against skilled trainers. Similarly, not all Pokemon are created equal. Delibird is not going to be good, like, ever.

Please don't self-censor. It just looks dumb. If you are uncomfortable with using that language, then just don't use it.

Several do learn it, but a spinner often negates other things it can do. And it means you give up a slot. AND it also means it can easily be blocked by Ghost types. In fact, Claydol is pretty easily countered by Rotom forms and Sub-Pain Split Gengar.

Your just complaining. If you can't use rapid spin and do well, then you suck at pokemon. Obviously.

Your just complaining. If you can't use rapid spin and do well, then you suck at pokemon. Obviously.

The fact is having to pack a rapid spinner means giving up a spot on the team, as you know. Limited pokemon get rapid spin and a lot of them do suck. Doing well isn't the issue, it's the fact that it replaces an otherwise useful or preferred pokemon on a team. Obviously, we have to take the good with the bad to get a stable metagame.

And as for your comment about UU/BLs Being able to beat a team of OUs. Yes that is true, but don't forget Overused pokemon are overused for a reason... not because they could well taste nice on a sandwiche, or even go well with the furniture in the room, but because they are in most cases very good pokemon; and the inverse can be said about UU. If a team of UU's has no problem against a team of OU's then tiers wouldn't exist at all. So IMO not all that arbitrary at all.

And as for not narrowing anything down? Tell that to Articuno and Regice, two of the most dominating special walls before SR was introduced. When was the last time you saw either of those?

Change your attitude dude, you coming here telling people they suck doesn't change the fact that they don't like that they have to use a spinner. I'm sure even you can agree that it's stupid having to have to pack a spinner for someone who you'd want to be a wall on your team.