Nintendo 3DS Feedback

Lucario

Hi everyone! By the time you read this, you may have already seen the looks of the will be released N3Ds.(March 2011)

As of now, the 3Ds for me....

Positive:

it is great of having to see your favorite games to be really 3D looking seeing that we enjoy watching good movies in 3d.(do i need to answer why i can say only a few) :bidoof:

Negative:

and here it is. i don't know if designers hit their heads really hard this time. first thing you'll notice, the screens aren't proportioned(sorry for being Obsessive-compulsive...not really). and again low resolution cameras and there's freekin' two of them again(Edit; Plus 1=3). guys who bought the still expensive DSi XL will feel proud they have purchased a better looking gadget than having to buy the "not very attractive evolution of DS"....in addition...it is like an abomination. DsiXL Top screen and Dsi touchscreen.:tongue:

In the end:

seeing that there is still a long way to go. I really hope that Nintendo will rethink about the design(big asset for gadgets). but if it's not possible they may come up of version 2 of 3ds and make the screens proportioned(please do so nintendo)

Edited by Lucario

Negative:

and here it is. i don't know if designers hit their heads really hard this time. first thing you'll notice, the screens aren't proportioned(sorry for being Obsessive-compulsive...not really). and again low resolution cameras and there's freekin' two of them again. guys who bought the still expensive DSi XL will feel proud they have purchased a better looking gadget than having to buy the "not very attractive evolution of DS"....in addition...it is like an abomination. DsiXL Top screen and Dsi touchscreen.:tongue:

What is wrong with two cameras? If you don't like two, you get 3 in the 3DS. Most knew about the plans about the 3DS when information was released/leaked. As for me, i like it more than the DSi, DSi XL or any other DS. I am quite looking forward to be getting this. I remind you that this is considered a prototype. They said in the conference that there will be ''changes''.

God, are you serious?

The top screen is wider because there was room for it. Games can be in more of a "widescreen" aspect, and it will allow better viewing for actual movies. It is NOT the same aspect ratio as the DSi LL. The bottom screen is about the size of the old screens, which is just fine. Your old DS games will have all the proper controls. Making the bottom screen wider would have made the system itself significantly wider.

So what if the screens aren't the same size? The proportions are the same, your old DS games aren't going to be "stretched" to fit the wide aspect ratio. They'll appear exactly the same.

As for the two cameras on the top. It is for taking 3D photos. This is unprecedented on a public domain piece of technology and is likely to be amazing.

As for resolution, VGA is nothing to scoff at. Even Microsoft's Kinect captures at 640x480

hmm . i remember something i watched on tv. there's this camera that has 2 lenses to make the 3d effect and that camera was from a long time ago.

i'm also looking forward to buy this since it's a long wait. and for the sake of better gaming experience(graphics and 3d...yay!) and swallow pride coz' of screens not being the same size.

and seeing now that there's still a lot going on chances are high that i can't wait for it's succesor.

Thank you people!

• 4 months later...

I want it just because of the power I've seen from the previews of it...

The MGS3 remake looks better than the PS2 version and the Super Street Fighter IV for it looks like a flawless port!..

(Now I'm hoping that they can make a Super Smash Bros for it... The only reason the DS didn't have one was due to processing power and RAM conserns...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never got a DSi because all it had was a camera, voice recording capabilities and a 'store' or whatever it is. Whoopety-do-da-day. The novelty would wear out so I went screw that. Was going to get the XL because of the bigger screen but I don't need it and having 3D games without glasses on a handheld console is awesome. Which is why I'm going to get a 3DS.

• 4 weeks later...

I am and have--skipped DSi and DSiXL. I don't need VGA cameras. Too low quality for me. I have a feeling the sensors are terrible. That'd be the only new features I'd use on a DSi and DSiXL, but even the 3DS will have .3 too. I'm hoping they'll be good enough. I like the whole 3D thing though. :D So I'm definitely getting a 3DS!

• 2 months later...