Favorite tv show

Midna312

Yo! Here's a thread to talk about you're favorite Anime/tv show. My favorite anime is Shugo Chara.My avatar is from it too, a character called Amulet Devil. Google it if ya want to know more. So, Go on. Tell PP you're favorite Anime!

Edited by Midna312

Why is it your favorite?

My favorite contemporary show is a toss up between Community and Parks and Recreation. These two shows, as well as Modern Family, have taken the sitcom and just turned them into something entertaining. Some even subtly, or not so subtly in the case of Community, make fun of sitcoms. The physical comedy in all shows, especially in Modern Family, is top notch as well.

The Office (US) is past it's prime, but those prime years are still well worth watching. The original UK series is also great television, bonus points for it being British humor that I actually enjoy.

Gilmore Girls has been my favorite show since the second season. Even though the series has now finished, I still go back and watch reruns from time to time, and hope someday to get the series boxset. I love the show because it has a bit of a sick and twisted humor to it that my mom and I both possess, and of course, the series focusing on mother and daughter, brings my mom and I closer together when we watch it...because we're so much like them!

I also highly enjoyed Mental while it aired. I have the boxset of the first season. Being a Psychology major going into that kind of field and getting to see it played out (however dramatized) fascinates me. :)

Gilmore Girls has been my favorite show since the second season.

I think the series lost a bit of a spark after Rory went to college, but regained some of this in the last two seasons.

The first season is, I think, different than the rest of the series. For a drama-sitcom, it has a huge range of music in it's soundtrack. The later seasons just replaced the huge amount of music with the same "la..la..la..lalala" crap that they re-used over and over again.

I love watching The Ultimate Fighter, as I'm a keen MMA fan... and that's always a good show. Erm outside of that, There's poker after darl, but I don't know if that airs anymore. Scrubs is my fave comedy, shame it's gone now though. I love south park family guy etc .. I watch a little too much telly xD. I'm with Randomspot too, The Office (The original) was phenomenal ... So funny.

• 2 weeks later...

I though Firefly was great.

I finally got to watch every episode of the Gilmore Girls when I bought all the DVD sets.

If having DVD sets of a complete series is anything to go by, I have all series of Charmed on DVD and also The O.C. I also have all the series of the excellent Veronica Mars. I also bought The West Wing Boxset.

I may live in England, but I mostly seem to like US TV series. I would have to say Fringe, Chuck and Lie to me as my favourites. Some other series I like seem to have not been as good (in my opinion) for the most recent series shown in the UK, such as House.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mmm...

I'd have to say a tie between:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - for not screwing up the original and for display of chibi done right...

Family Guy - for belly laughs and crass, yet witty societal commentary...

X-Play - Don't know why really...the talk of games just sucks me in and I find myself on the couch a half-hour later...

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno what's wrong with a lot of you the Pokemon TV show is horrible....

My fav is Spartacus: Blood and Sand other than than any kind of educational programme on Discovery channel, History channel etc.

Family Guy is not funny very often and American Dad is just plain horrible too.

1: You're statement is purely opinionated, and as such, cannot be stated as fact. Saying the Pokemon Anime sucks is completely untrue, as I, and many others enjoy it. Just because you don't, does not make it bad.

2:You double posted, and it is recommended you delete one.

All right people, let's get back on track. I may not like the Pokemon anime either but it does not make it a horrible show. Any more derogatory comments will result to an infraction.

Anyhow...

I cannot say I watch a lot of television nowadays. I watched a lot of cartoons back then... now the only things I watch on television if I did are just Korean stuff like Korean drama, cartoons, and such (mostly). Or even sermons from different ministers on a Christian channel and some educational stuff and documentaries if they are being broadcasted. Yeah, I'm boring :L

I guess I can say back then, Digimon Season 1 was my favorite show. I'd always get up early in the morning on Saturdays just to watch it.

What I hate (my opinion):

Family Guy

South Park

Most of the comedies and stuff hosted on Comedy Central

Sports, Wrestling, etc (kinda boring to watch... makes me want to just actually be out there and participate in it myself)

Trash they put on Disney channel... Disney has lost their magic

What I hate (my opinion):

Family Guy

South Park

Most of the comedies and stuff hosted on Comedy Central

Sports, Wrestling, etc (kinda boring to watch... makes me want to just actually be out there and participate in it myself)

Trash they put on Disney channel... Disney has lost their magic

Wow, you listed most of my favourite shows right there xD

... I too hate the Disney Channel so at least we share that in common lol.

• 2 weeks later...