Ban the person above you! (Not really)

Mewkid999

1 minute ago, coltonsmogon said:

I ban @evandixon for being savage to @Eirikr...

"Savage", as defined by Oxford Dictionaries, means "(of an animal or force of nature) fierce, violent, and uncontrolled".  Given that my post was almost as formal as I could make it, and my reasons are largely facts (maybe with a little opinion mixed in there somewhere), I do not believe that "savage" is the correct choice of words.  This error is why I now ban coltonsmogon.

3 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

I use Protect, thus the ban deflects off me. HA!

If your ban deflected off of me, heading back towards you, then deflected off of you, where did it end up?

(Looks around)

I don't see it. I hope nobody accidentally steps on it or anything. Only spam bots deserve a double-perma-ban.

For making this be a potential problem, I issue an new (regular) ban for coltonsmogon.

2 minutes ago, evandixon said:

If your ban deflected off of me, heading back towards you, then deflected off of you, where did it end up?

(Looks around)

I don't see it. I hope nobody accidentally steps on it or anything. Only spam bots deserve a double-perma-ban.

For making this be a potential problem, I issue an new (regular) ban for coltonsmogon.

It ended up going to you again... So thus, you're banned...

Just now, coltonsmogon said:

It ended up going to you again... So thus, you're banned...

Daruk's protection saved me this time.  It's a shame, I can only use it two more times before it has to recharge.

I ban coltonsmogon for being one of those people who spam Protect.

1 minute ago, evandixon said:

Daruk's protection saved me this time.  It's a shame, I can only use it two more times before it has to recharge.

I ban coltonsmogon for being one of those people who spam Protect.

I only used Protect because I had to... I don't use it that often...

Edited by coltonsmogon

I only used Protect because I had to... I don't use it that often...

Because you didn't retaliate with a ban of your own, I seize the opportunity to properly aim and ensure that my next ban (for not issuing a ban) is a headshot, dealing critical damage (and adding extra time to the ban or something I guess).

11 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Firing Ban Pulse (a variant of Dragon Pulse, but with a ban as it's damage) in 3...2...1... (charges up) (fires)

(Channels his spiral energy into a giant Giga Drill that deflects the Ban Pulse.)

(Bans coltonsmogon by flying towards him in Gurren Lagann shouting "GIGAAAAAAA!!!  DRILLLLLL!!!! BREEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!")

Ok fine, touché!

• "Their" is the third-person plural possessive pronoun, which is used to indicate more than one person or thing possesses something. It is grammatically incorrect to use it to describe a single person.  That is, unless you are suggesting coltonsmogon is in fact more than one person, in which case this reason is invalid, leaving the other two to stand alone.

• “Their” doesn’t have to refer to something semantically plural. It can be used when the referent’s sex (or number) is unspecified. One of the entries in the Thesaurus for ”their" : belonging to or associated with a person of unspecified sex: she heard someone blow their nose loudly.

I didn’t bother checking if the poster was male or female. Also online, you can never be sure so... (sorry)

I'd also use a 3rd person pl. pronoun to refer to a single person, male or female or a party when I do not want to disclose any information about their identity in a confidential setting e.g., my client has agreed to your first proposal, but they are not willing to comply by the terms in the second proposal. “They" here might refer to one or more person or party, or even to a man or a woman.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:55 AM, theSLAYER said:

As this is one turn post after evandixon's banning of coltonsmogon,
Coltonsmogon is on land!

Hence, I'll use a Z-ban, to bypass coltonsmogon's frequent use of Protect.

That being said, I ban theSlayer for using customized hacked moves that are not coded in the original game and corrupting people’s existence!

Edited by Eirikr
Linguistics is my baby.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eirikr said:

That being said, I ban theSlayer for using customized hacked moves that are not coded in the original game and corrupting people’s existence!

That being said, I ban Eirikr for not having the Z-Foresight to realize that the "Slayer" part of "theSLAYER" was meant to be in all caps.

4 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

I ban jasenyoface for envying a worthless Pokémon.

I ban coltonsmogon for worrying about the current ability of a Pokémon and not the potential of the Pokémon.

Recognizing potential is why the events of Half-Life turned out the way they did.

Spoiler

The G-man brought Gordon Freeman to the future to defeat the Combine after seeing that he had "limitless potential". Similarly, he somehow saved Alyx Vance, despite "neighsayers" claiming that a mere child was worthless and of no practical value.

I already knew the potential of it anyway, I myself have one of those Gyarados... Thus I ban evandixon for not realizing that people may already know the potential of the Pokémon, even though they may be roasting the current state of that particular Pokémon...

Edited by coltonsmogon

I already knew the potential of it anyway, I myself have one of those Gyarados... Thus I ban evandixon for not realizing that people may already know the potential of the Pokémon, even though they may be envying the current state of that particular Pokémon...

I ban coltonsmogon for not realizing the difference between a fashion accessory and a Pokémon. 

On 4/13/2017 at 1:43 PM, jasenyoface said:

I ban theSLAYER simply because I envy his magikarp hat. 

6 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

I ban jasenyoface for envying a worthless Pokémon.

1 hour ago, jasenyoface said:

I ban coltonsmogon for not realizing the difference between a fashion accessory and a Pokémon. 

ban coltsmogon for misunderstanding what I envy. 

Dear coltonsmogon,

In accordance with the site-wide rule "Do not spam," you have been banned from participating in Project Pokémon. Project Pokémon has a zero-tolerance policy about spam. Further details have been recorded below.

8 minutes ago, xorhash said:

I have noticed excessive participation in the thread "Ban the person above you! (Not really)." In a coordinated effort to increase the value of community content, it has been decided that you are excessively focussed on the Off Topic section and the aforementioned thread in particular.

Sincerely,

xorhash