Internet Explorer or Fire Fox?

SmellTheBurningEmber

Do you really have to ask this question? Seems suspiciously like a troll waiting to happen. But, for the record, IE is pretty much the bottom of the browser barrel. I'm not sure if Firefox is the top but it's certainly better than IE.

I use firefox, because it's just better IMO. I used to play a lot of flash/browser based poker, and I had so many problems while running IE that I just had to give up on it, and I've stayed with Firefox ever since. My little bro runs Google chrome, but I just don't like the look of it much.

Firefox is better than slowpoke IE. but also like to recommend Google Chrome. simpler looking browser. but be sure to delete browsing history and other typed word search and e-mail if ever you have to share your laptop.

Hello. I just got a new laptop and was wondering which browser I should download. I'm a long time user of IE, but I've heard great things about Fire Fox. Which would you recommend? ~STBE

Okay, so here's the thing. IE is a standard browser that comes with all Microsoft products. Thus, it has to be made easier so all the n00bs can use it without many difficulties. The thing is, this over simplification leads to slower browsing, no add-ons, and limited HTML/CSS viewing.

Firefox comes with add-ons, which are amazing, it can browse alot faster, if you have a decent processor and RAM, and it can view alot more of the CSS codes than IE can.

If you dont know what CSS stands for, it means: Cascading Style Sheet. CSS, javascript, are what give all web pages their glossy, beautiful look, when used properly.

I'm a Web Site Developer, so take it from me, Firefox is ALOT better than IE

*PS: never used Chrome, my computar is too slow for it, so give it a try to. I have heard from friends that it is really good.

• 4 months later...

Well I would say that FF (Firefox) is much better than IE, because it's faster, and has all these shiny bells and whistles (add-ons).

However if you think that you end up having a lot of add-ons for FF and that you think it slows your computer down (ranging from a little to a lot), then I recommend downloading Opera which is known to be the fastest browser on earth (even faster than Chrome) and doesn't give you the feeling of downloading a lot of add-ons because everything you need is already in Opera.

Edited by Zelragos

Cassandra

IE Outreach Team

GO AWAY YOU PUBLIC RELATIONS LACKEY!!!

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE POST!!!

IT'S JUST MICROSOFT TRYING TO GET YOU TO USE THEIR BROWSER!!!

Chrome and Firefox are way better... And much more stable... And much faster... And have extensive add-ons... And are much more secure... And have more compatibility with things on the internet...

Btw I have Opera as my standard browser and FF and IE as secondary browsers. And I only use the secondary browsers when there are web-sites that aren't compatible with Opera... which, in my case, is very rare.

Off-topic:

Post #19 and 20

There is no need to use caps or double post, fellow member ;)

Regarding the double post... If it was an accident just edit and remove everything that was in the second post and say it was an accident.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I suggest using IE8. It is compatible with more sites than any other browser. If you are concerned with the way IE 8 will interact with sites you are visiting, you can view sites in Compatibility Mode which allows you to view sites as they would appear in IE 6 or IE 7, with the added security and speed of IE 8. Also, if you are running Vista or Windows 7, you can now download and try out IE9 beta. It is the newest browser from Microsoft and comes with new features such as full hardware acceleration, the ability to pin sites to your taskbar, and allows you to search right from the address bar. To learn more about IE9 beta and to download the browser, visit www.BeautyoftheWeb.com?ocid=projectpokemon

Cheers,

Cassandra

IE Outreach Team

220px-Acid3ie8rc1.png

(Acid3 rendered by Internet Explorer 8.0)

And you're trying to convince us that IE8 is better?

"IE9 beta [...] allows you to search right from the address bar."

You're late. Every other browser let you search by using the address bar since ages ago.

For the record, Opera, Safari and Chrome pass that test with a 100/100 result.

Firefox gets 94/100.