Best console of all time?

Arceus010

Best Console Ever??  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Best Console Ever??

Well DS for Library, Gameplay, and Multiplayer.

PS3 for damn gorgeous looking graphics.

Xbox 360 for Multiplayer, and good graphics.

Wii for it's motion control, and the ability to actually make people sweat.

And yes i know graphics doesn't make the game, but it's like a bonus, and how it looks.

PS1 gets my vote. I remember discovering such Playstation-exclusive masterpieces as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Tomba, and Gex. All are still better than most junk that comes out these days. Am I being blinded by nostalgia? Perhaps. But I stand by my answer regardless.

The PS2, however, is a close second for giving us Kingdom Hearts.

He's right you know... The Dreamcast was the first 128-but console... And it had such great games as Godzilla! :D I would have to go with the PS3 because of the great graphics and LittleBigPlanet. And all the demos. Free online playing too. DS and Wii are tied for a close second because of Pikmin (I know that came out for the GameCube, and the Wii has lots of it's own games with backwards compatibility) and lots of games for the DS.

well I say NES because games that used to be on the arcade,let me refrase that, OLD arcade are now free.And it was the first game system (not realy shure).I know game boy color started pokemon but.... I just like the classic.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

wait a minute...... how could you forget the game boy color it started pokemon?!?!?!?!?

and if it was never envented this website wouldn't have even existed.

not to be mean but is there anyway you can fix that?

another system that got left off Sega Saturn, if you had a setup to play imports, you had some of the best games out hands down, if you liked capcom fighters that is. tsk tsk. someone didnt really think about all the great systems. i think this poll needs to be remade with these great systems in it. oh yeah, turbographix 16. that was a pretty good system to, maybe not the best but it was fun. another forgotten relic of days past : 3DO.

Apparently the DS counts as a console when the GameBoy and PSP do not, alright, let's go with that. Also the missing SEGA consoles, wasn't a fan myself but that's not the point.

The definition of 'Best console of all time' can be split into many categories, which is why I hate 'Top 10 games of all time" as a lot of it can because of the wonderful invention of 'nostalgia goggles'.

I chose DS because GameBoy wasn't there but it's along the same lines. The GameBoy was my first console and brought me many hours of entertainment. From there I moved to my GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Colour, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Advance SP then it evolved into the DS, DS Lite and now DSi.

So my best definition of 'Best console of all time' is fun-factor/quality.

Where is the SEGA Megadrive/Saturn/Dreamcast or the Atari 2600 or the NEC PC Engine or the N64 or Gamecube???

If it's fun factor then the Atari 2600 wins hands down ;)

It's a close choice (for me) between the N64(Goldeneye!!!!!!!!!!!!), the SNES and the Megadrive and seeing as the only choice I have is SNES it's going to be that.

(I probably would have chosen the N64 tho!)