Hope for ARDSi owners wanting to backup HG and SS!

Sazriel

I, like many of you all, have been a little put off by the "no Game Data found" error when trying to backup HG or SS. Well I decided to complain to Codejunkies about it, not really expecting a reply, but I got one. Yay. And it was actually decent news!

Just thought I would share it since I know some of the earlier threads have been asking about it and such.

Codejunkies Help Desk Ticket 24921

Action Replay DSi - Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver

Responsible: Daniel Leese

Problem type: Order Enquiry/Information Request

Description

Problem:

When I bought your Action Replay DSi product, it was because of the back up feature provided. However, whenever I try to same my Pokemon Heartgold or Soulsilver save, I get a "WARNING No Game Card data found" error. Is there an update or fix for this issue? I am extremely upset with this error and the lack of being able to save my latest Pokemon games. I eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely

<My Name>

Solution:

Dear <My Name>,

Thank you for your recent enquiry we are able to confirm that we are hoping to release a software update very soon.

Regards,

Daniel Leese

Technical Support

I took out my name hence the <My Name> thingys, hope that's ok.

Anyway, I'm just glad because it's looking like we won't have to buy a new AR to get this compatibility issue fixed!

I think it's a new type of Anti-Piracy. I tried to back up my Warioware DIY and got the same message. I hope this new update comes soon. Now I won't have to go the long way to 'sav my pokemon.

Anti-piracy techniques try to make it impossible or very difficult to play ROMs versus "retail" cards. What you're suggesting doesn't make sense because that's not what it's doing. If anything it's encouraging piracy because it's harder to access the save on a retail card (which I presume you have) than a flashcard.

• 1 month later...
Anti-piracy techniques try to make it impossible or very difficult to play ROMs versus "retail" cards. What you're suggesting doesn't make sense because that's not what it's doing. If anything it's encouraging piracy because it's harder to access the save on a retail card (which I presume you have) than a flashcard.

I know this thread is a little old (looking for a way to backup and restore the WarioWare DIY save and found this thread - no luck so far), but I don't think they intentionally did this. The IR port is on top of the save chip, and that interferes with our current tools.

I know this thread is a little old (looking for a way to backup and restore the WarioWare DIY save and found this thread - no luck so far), but I don't think they intentionally did this. The IR port is on top of the save chip, and that interferes with our current tools.

I didn't mean to imply that they did it intentionally, but that doesn't really change my point anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My Reply Back From them

Unfortunately, the Save Feature of the DSi Action Replay is currently incompatible with Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver. An update to resolve this issue has not yet been released. Once available, information on any updates will be posted at www.codejunkies.com and will be available for download through the DSi Action Replay Code Manager PC software.

• 2 weeks later...