OT, Pokedex Number, and Where Met

PsychoBones

Guessing from how everyone else seems to be asking more complex questions, I'm sure I'm just blind/retarded, but I just can't seem to get a few things to work.

I've tried using both Pokemon Generator 2.23 and Pokesav, but either way I try, I get a few issues.

- Eggs that I hatch say they were met either at solaceon town or route 209(where the egg hatched), but it says MET, and at level 0, not hatched.

- Pokemon I don't hatch and just have it as if I caught them at level whatever, have a weird trainer name. Instead of "ZACK", it's "? ? ?ZA"

- Some Pokemon (and I can't figure out what the pattern is) have their pokedex ID as ???

I am sure I'm just doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Your location issue is easy to fix. Here's how it works:

Egg Hatched sets:

"(LOCATION)

Egg received."

Met At sets

"(LOCATION)

Egg hatched"

So a pokemon "Met at" Solaceon Town and "Egg Hatched" at DayCareCouple would read:

Day-Care Couple

Egg received.

Solaceon Town

Egg (apparently) hatched.

If you hatch them yourself (i.e. check "Is Egg" and walk around with it), the second field should be replaced (by the game) with where you were when it hatched, as normal, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.

Your trainer ID issue, I'm not sure about. Attach your PKM file to your next message and I'll take a look.

And the pokémon with their pokédex ID as ??? are ones that are not in the regional pokédex. The game will accept them (as you can freely trade between D/P/P and HG/SS from the start of the game, it's nothing unusual), but won't assign them a pokédex number until you get the National Dex.

Your location issue is easy to fix. Here's how it works:

Egg Hatched sets:

"(LOCATION)

Egg received."

Met At sets

"(LOCATION)

Egg hatched"

So a pokemon "Met at" Solaceon Town and "Egg Hatched" at DayCareCouple would read:

Day-Care Couple

Egg received.

Solaceon Town

Egg (apparently) hatched.

If you hatch them yourself (i.e. check "Is Egg" and walk around with it), the second field should be replaced (by the game) with where you were when it hatched, as normal, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.

Ok so using Pokemon Generator(because it's what I have up ATM), with Egg checked, I go to the Met tab, select diamon/pearl, as the game, Solaceon Town for the Location, Pokeball, Level 0(?), a date, and make the encounter egg/pal park/event/(etc), Check as egg, but I can't seem to select the Hatch conditions. They're greyed out. Somehow I wasn't generating the egg hatched message though, when I tried.

Your trainer ID issue, I'm not sure about. Attach your PKM file to your next message and I'll take a look.

As the only pokemon I'm actually attempting to it with is Azelf, I only have the one, but attached.

And the pokémon with their pokédex ID as ??? are ones that are not in the regional pokédex. The game will accept them (as you can freely trade between D/P/P and HG/SS from the start of the game, it's nothing unusual), but won't assign them a pokédex number until you get the National Dex.

I honestly should have figured that out. I'm using a copy of pearl that I never ran through completely, and should have thought of that. Now I feel fairly retarded. :D

NPAzelf.pkm

NPAzelf.pkm

Pokésav showed your Trainer ID as "ZA" - I can only assume that it's an issue with Pokémon Generator. I only use Pokésav so I've never encountered this issue.

Might be a stupid question, but are you trying to make this Azelf look hatched? Because that'll instantly mark it out as "hacked" to just about everyone.

The location data problem - once again, try it in Pokésav and not Generator.

Ok well the problem first off was that Azelf was in an egg ... I don't know if you wanted it that way, but for a legit Azelf it can't be an egg. I've fixed it for you in Pokesav, and the name issue hasn't occurred. I've also used Pokegen quite a fair bit and haven't found any issues with the name, talk to the guy who made the thread see what he says.

The Location problem came from the hex not being set, a location, region any of that wasn't set, and the PID was invalid, I fixed it the best I can (quite new to all this lol.)

I've attached the Azelf that you've made, it passes legal, but it is at level 50. I'm not sure if the level being changed would still get it passed the legality checker :/. If you still want it as an egg (definitely won't pass legal) just set it as egg, the hatch conditions will fix them self when the egg hatches. Then in pokegenerator, go to the met thing, and find day-care couple or something to that effect, set the date to when you want the egg received and you should be fine.

I hope this helps.

Zacks Azelf.pkm

Zacks Azelf.pkm

Well I don't know what it was I was doing wrong with Pokesav, but using Tbirds as a model and going from there I've been able to get an egg to look right, hatch right, and get Azelf to look right. No idea what I was screwing up. I think it was the PID, I was generating it first, then getting all the IVs and OT, region, egg received at and all that.