May someone kindly check the legality of my Roserade? :3

soldiviner

Hello. As you can imagine, I'm completely new to this whole thing. I'm still learning through reading other threads and FAQs here, as well as through trial and error on how Pokesav works and how to go about the IV/PID and Trash Bytes, etc.. I've just created my first Pokemon; a Roserade. I tried to get a legit shiny Roserade, but that seemed nigh impossible for me... or at least too difficult, so I decided to forgo the shininess. I then used the legality checker, but I don't know what the info's saying. I noticed it also said "PalPark Country: Japan". Is there something wrong? If not, can this Pokemon be viewed as "legal" regardless? If there is something wrong, will someone help me with tips on how to fix said problems? I would very much appreciate it.

EDIT: I used the Trash Bytes thing, and it seemed to fix the "Japan" problem. Either way, I would appreciate if someone could check my Roserade and see if it's "perfectly legal" or not. If possible, could someone also fix any flaws this Roserade may have? :3

Roserade.pkm

Roserade.pkm

Edited by soldiviner
Re-uploaded Roserade file, thus adding the "EDIT" paragraph.

Yes you can - you can snag one in Phenac City in xD. So the location data is fine.

I made a couple of fixes - contest stats, for one thing, because it's implausible to say it's won every contest while having 0 in all stats. But there really wasn't much wrong with it.

Roserade.pkm

Roserade.pkm

Thank you so much! I guess I did a better job than I thought my first time (though I did carefully spend a day and a half on it. lol). As for the Contest stats, I had planned to give it Poffins in-game to fix that, as I want said stats to look legit. Still, if you modified my Roserade's Contest stats to a "legal" amount whilst giving it maximum sheen, I appreciate that nonetheless. Again, thanks so much. X3

Another question. I set this Roserade to have Natural Cure. When viewed in the Legal Checker, it says Ability 2. What exactly does Ability 1 and 2 mean? Does it matter? If so, what should I do? And the last thing; can someone check to see if it's legally possible to have this Roserade as a Shiny? I know I may be asking much, but I just can't figure out how to get it right. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. If you need to mod the ID/SID, then go right ahead. If it's impossible for a Pokemon from Pokemon xD to be shiny, then simply say so and I'll be content. ^-^

Eep, forgot about that. Natural Cure is Ability 1 according to Smogon (which I believe lists them in the correct order), so while your PID is still valid and legal, anyone poking into the file can see that it's not 100% legit.

Col/XD pokémon have the same odds of being shiny as any pokémon from the handheld games - namely 1/8192. I'm not sure when the shinyness of a Shadow Pokémon is determined, but that's moot in this case.

I had a go at making it shiny. Problem is, getting those exact IVs to be shiny is difficult, and since you've got Hidden Power I assume you picked them out for a specific type and power, and so you don't want to change them. From there it becomes a trial-and-error guessing game - change your ID or SID to something else, run the numbers through PID/IV Checker and hope that one of the results has your specific IVs. And the search process can take upwards of ten minutes to run...

Same deal with fixing the Ability I'm afraid - that particular combination of IVs won't generate a Female Timid Ability 1 Roserade, and it won't generate any of the other natures that you'd find beneficial (namely ones that increase Speed or Sp. Atk) either. Changing the IVs is the only way to get around it, and even that isn't foolproof.

Thanks alot. I got the shiny problem figured out. What's left now, is to find a proper IV combo to get a proper PID without compromising her Hidden Power. I think I can manage that on my own though. Thanks alot, CNash, you've helped me a whole lot.

By the way, what Type does xD use? Type 1 or Type 2? Does it even matter for those Gamecube games? I never figured that out. X_x

Also, what's with the "Common GBA", "Very Rare GBA" and such, and will it be legal for a Pokemon from xD to have that kind of label?

I've also uploaded an updated file of my Roserade - I still have CNash's fixed file as backup/reference. Would anyone care to see if this is any better or worse? It says "Common GBA <A-B-C-D>". Would that be fine or illegal? And what does the "<A-B-C-D>" part mean exactly. I know I'm asking alot, but as they say, "the more you ask, the more you learn, and the more you can manage on your own". I dunno if that's an actual saying, but still. xD

Nymph.pkm

Nymph.pkm

Edited by soldiviner
Added 3rd and 4th paragraph and uploaded attached an updated Roserade .pkm file... >_>

Eep, forgot about that. Natural Cure is Ability 1 according to Smogon (which I believe lists them in the correct order), so while your PID is still valid and legal, anyone poking into the file can see that it's not 100% legit.

Is this true as far as ability 1 and 2? because Smogon's order is different from everyone elses. I've been using Bulbapedia, the Pokedex on this forum. Does anyone know for sure which site has the accurate order for these abilities????

Is this true as far as ability 1 and 2? because Smogon's order is different from everyone elses. I've been using Bulbapedia, the Pokedex on this forum. Does anyone know for sure which site has the accurate order for these abilities????

Wow, come to think of it, that's a very good question. I assumed Smogon was accurate, but now that you ask, I'm beginning to doubt Smogon until a clear-cut answer arises.