Black and White starters

datenshi11793

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Uh, yes.

If you're referring to Treecko, however, that was the one grass-type starter that WASN'T a reptile.

As for me, I love the new starters the best. I personally love the water starter the most, its so cool and cute. Did they reveal the names of the new starters yet?

• 1 month later...
As for me, I love the new starters the best. I personally love the water starter the most, its so cool and cute. Did they reveal the names of the new starters yet?

Yea Riolu Oshawott rules! now im not that fond with the lest evo of it though serperior(snivy last evo) looks cool but dudes Dewott(2nd osha evo) looks epic! and smurott(the last) looks cool but Samurott? it sounds like Sam you rot not cool right? and tepig im not so sure i mean it is cute and all but the previous pig pokemon grumpig now im just saying that thing is ugly and a flaming boar is not that cool dude oh yea a pig on fire yummy meat! no and just a little off topic here you know Buizel in the pokemon episode The Pik-ahuna! to the left of misty's head at 9:38 or something like that there is a picture of buizel any way back to topic snivy= good attack and speed tepig=attack and defence oshawott=Good defence and Sp.attack so oshawott is mine! >:D

I went with Tsutarja (I can only seem to remember the Japanese names of some) simply because I never intended to keep the starter from the moment I first saw them. Tsutarja just looked the best in design throughout all three of its forms.

I picked Snivy too (Grass starter), but I'm committing an utter blasphemy by using it as my main Pokemon. I know, preposterous right? Despite the fact I was stuck with Tackle and a handful of Grass moves for a while, I have to say, it was not too bad. Now, Tackle is a lot better this generation, and I am surprised I did not notice earlier, but it is now 50 BP and 100% accurate as opposed to its former 35 BP and 95% accurate version. Leaf Tornado is certainly amazing and luckily, I did not miss with it yet. The thing I do with it is I set up Growth on a set up bait Pokemon like that sand crocodile and continue doing it until it is the right time to use Mega Drain and then hit the other Pokemon with Leaf Tornado or Return. But is it the most difficult starter? It certainly is. Oshawott is just too good, and Tepig is not half bad either, but you will have to rely on teammates with Snivy to do well. If you plan on heads on attacking with Snivy, take advantage of its bulk and use Growth, especially on major battles like Gym leader battles. As for masculine people out there *cough*MewtwoEX*cough* the grass starter is so feminine. Its posture, its cry, everything about it isn't manly, so unless you feel like trying something else out, steer clear from Snivy (unless you think it's cool, who can deny that?).

495.png

Experiences with my Snivy... heh well. I have a female Snivy named Antoinette, named after the tragic ill-fated queen of France. Snivy only fainted once, and it was against Chili's Pansear (I would have gotten him too if it weren't for that meddling critical hit). My own Panpour had to finish his fire bretheren (unfortunately I haven't used Panpour after that). Aside from that, my now Servine (2nd stage) and Tranquill (a female aptly named Heart) are the ONLY 2 members in my party. Yeah gasp all you want, but I still managed to pull through the game up to this point (defeating 4th gym) with only these two. It is possible... just saying. And yes, Servine single handedly destroyed Lenora's team and went from level 19 to level 21 (well, with the help of 2 Super Potions and 1 Awakening, but even so...). I only used Servine against Burgh's Dwebble; the other two were man-handled by Tranquill. Yeah do not bother with using it against the Bug gym as it is absolutely pointless, in spite of the weak "Struggle Bug". Whatever you do, don't get Slam. 75% accuracy lets you down more often than not and even Tackle is more reliable. The Desert Resort map was a pain... especially that one guy in the ruins with Sigilyph (one tough customer, I will give you that much). Fortunately when I reached the 4th gym town, the Pokemon Center offered TM27 Return for 10000. GET IT. It was definitely worth replacing the unreliable Slam. Fighting Elesa was pretty annoying, but yes, it was only Servine who took her down (poor Tranquill would NOT stand a chance in a Electric gym). I learned Leaf Blade in the middle of the match which allowed me to one shot Zebstrika after + 2 Growths. The Emolga were annoying for sure... spamming Aerial Ace while I was setting up Growths. A level 25 Emolga was even faster than my level 32 Servine, which was confusing, but okay, so I used my only X Speed. Fortunately, after a single Super Potion, + 2 Return OHKOd both (and no Static hax fortunately), and I proceeded to Leaf Blade the Zebra before it began to act. Yeah those were my experiences with the grass starter so far and this is just to show you that with willpower anything can happen. Right now, my team consists of a level 33 Servine and a level 29 Tranquill. Unfortunately, I think I need more teammates (a grass snake and a birdy with maligned stats cannot hold by themselves too long)... but I will find something I like soon... hopefully.

Spr_5b_496.pngSpr_5b_520.png

So far my moveset and strategy is the same as yours Wraith89. My early strategy was to Leech Seed, Wrap, then Leaf Tornado until the opponent was down. That was until Mega Drain was learned, oh that was wonderful. My Snivy is named El Hazzard after an anime I used to love.

Ooh, that is definitely an innovative strategy. I have not really thought about using Wrap + Leech Seed. It's a good way to subdue a Pokemon but it gets tiresome easily only because it seems better against, well, a "boss battle".

497.png

Antoinette is currently a level 40 Serperior now as I try to navigate my way through Chargestone Cave. Movelist so far is Return, Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, and Coil (goodbye Growth :()

My final moveset might be:

Return

Leaf Blade

Coil

Giga Drain

Seems to be the only logical way for me to work with. A fellow member Tbird is going this way in the end, self styled after Louis XIV, the Sun King:

Sunny Day

Solarbeam

Return

Growth

There seems to be many ways to use Serperior.

Weel, started the game and chose Oshawott. I mean, a narwhal with armour? How cool is that?

He's currently 29 and an adorable little Dewott.

Saw Lillipup's final evo and decided to go with that, so I've got a 29 Herdier roaring around my team happily. That thing's a tank like no other.

And, for my third member, I chose Sandile, who's currently a 29 Krokorok. I can't wait to rename him Octorock.

So far, my team's wiped the floor with everything except that blasted normal gym leader. I swear, Watchog's Retaliate+Hypnosis is just cheap. But I perservered, with Herdier taking hits like a champ.

Anyone else notice that there are a ton of new pokes with huge attack stats?

Weel, started the game and chose Oshawott. I mean, a narwhal with armour? How cool is that?

He's currently 29 and an adorable little Dewott.

Saw Lillipup's final evo and decided to go with that, so I've got a 29 Herdier roaring around my team happily. That thing's a tank like no other.

And, for my third member, I chose Sandile, who's currently a 29 Krokorok. I can't wait to rename him Octorock.

So far, my team's wiped the floor with everything except that blasted normal gym leader. I swear, Watchog's Retaliate+Hypnosis is just cheap. But I perservered, with Herdier taking hits like a champ.

Anyone else notice that there are a ton of new pokes with huge attack stats?

Lillipup is definitely a good Pokemon to play with due to his sheer strength and pretty decent bulk. I probably should have trained mine but I went all bravo and went all Snivy. *facepalm*

Watchog was definitely one tough customer, I'll give you that much. Retaliate had my Level 20 Servine lose like 50 + HP. While people look at the stats of Watchog and go "he's just useless", I'm telling you, I've had more trouble fighting the many Watchogs in this game than some of the other Pokemon because of his ginormous movepool and annoying things like Hypnosis and Confuse Ray and Super Fang. He even has an early Crunch! Yeah, when you're fighting every other Pokemon in a competitive battle, he's probably not getting TOO far, but in game he certainly gets on my nerves quite easily.

New pokes have forgettable designs with LARGE stats (Conkledurr with 140 base attack? Chandelure with 145 SpA? Escavalier with 135 attack? Haxorus with 147 attack? Yeah I can go on but the numbers are ridiculous). An Archeops 7 levels under dealt over 100 damage to my Serperior with Acrobatics just before. My team so far is Antoinette the Serperior Level 41 (F), Heart the Unfezant Level 35 (F), and a newly trained iScream the Vanillish Level 35 (M) (so happy it evolved right now!). That Ice Cream took a LONG time to train and now that I am at Celestial Tower, I will introduce the newest addition to my team Soul the Level 26 Litwick (F). Now to find a Water Pokemon... :/

• 2 weeks later...

I always pick the fire starter (twisted fire starter lol), most of the time you get plenty of water or grass types early in the game so i just use one of them, once i get another game and ive traded all my pokemon across, i'll restart my old game so i can get the other starters, but if im going to play all the way through the game again i choose the fire starter.

I dont really like any of the water or grass pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...