Black and White Plot Speculation Thread

Alpha

I just thought of something else. Once you capture one of the dragons, Zekrom allows you to travel back in time or foward in time, or maybe both to see mankinds destruction of themselves. Reshiram could allow you to travel foward in time or maybe back in time, or both to see mankinds prosper/peace.

Do you seriously think Nintendo will do this?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reshiram.pngzekrom.png

Lucemon_Chaos_Mode_b.jpg

Everyone say it with me... DIGIMON!

They're going with Dragon legends again? I'm glad they're not something like... Psychic or something, because that is overused. Oh well, I really like the white one because it looks very... celestial (the tidbit of feather protruding frontwards doesn't seem necessary though). The black one looks very mechanical... and almost like a fusion of the Shadow Lugia from Pokemon xD and Mewtwo... he almost looks mechanical.

Two separate plots instead of same game in two different names would sound good. I still have no hope for this game... but the two legends look really good at the very least.

A new Light type or something would sound good, but I certainly do not hope for anything incredibly broken (Generation IV was filled with broken Pokemon, do we really need more to make the old ones obsolete?)

..yeah, PSYCHC types are overused considering they ruled for 3 generations. but if there comes a 6th gen. and still has dragon legendaries there then.....oooh boy!

hey i just noticed something guys. Reshiram looks like he's saying RAAAWRR!! in monotone with a straight face. and Zekrom's tail reminds me of Slowbro but overall it's still hard to choose between the two versions because these two legendaries are more than enough to cover for the 3 starters(if ya know what i mean). but grass starter Tsutaja looks pretty decent doesn't it?

about Zoroark.....i really think they didn't make him legendary because maybe they kinda liked the idea of the Lucario movie which who's main star is non-legendary.

Guess:

Reshiram- Dragon/Light(if they make a new type)

Zekrom-Dragon/Dark

I'm thinking they will make a light type this time. Seems like it could work out. Have it set up so that it's weak to Fighting and Dark, resistant to Psychic (like Dark), and strong against Dark types. Then they can replace deals like Togetic to Flying/Light and such (like how they made Magneton part steel in gen 2). :)

As for the plot, I'm leaning towards the idea of you playing the good (or bad) guy depending on the version and you have to go through the game playing the role as good or bad. YOu'd eventually end up with the other Mascot helping you and you capture yours and the other mascot takes off and you capture it later on. I don't know what else to say since I don't have any idea of the rest of the game. I'm thinking it as a Good vs. Evil deal. :D

Fully compatible is not an option with Gen IV, though. There will definitely be massive trade restrictions and you can't battle with certain Pokemon anyways. With that, light type could be feasible. Unfortunately, GF just isn't cool like that, so I have my doubts. >_>

I doubt there will be a light type. Personally, I think that Reshiram will end up normal/dragon or psychic/dragon. Both Psychic and normal have been used to represent innocence and light.

[sprite]150[/sprite]

Innocence and light... uh huh. Sabrina was sinister in the anime... and that Abra/Kadabra still gives me shudders.

[hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite] [hgsssprite]251[/hgsssprite] [sprite]282[/sprite] [sprite]380[/sprite] [sprite]381[/sprite] [sprite]385[/sprite]

... FINE FINE

Adding new types might just change stuff around a lot. I remember when Steel types were first introduced, I thought they were broken because they seemingly resisted everything. If a Light type comes out, it would take a while to get used to.

Another Dragon/Psychic? I certainly hope not... the Lati twins were enough... but Gamefreak does brainfart like that :/

Yes, Mewtwo may have the coldest heart in the game, but looking back into the beginning of the first Pokémon Movie "Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back" he seemed evil. At that point, I was certain that he remained cold hearted, but when I saw Mewtwo in the Pokémon Movie "Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns", I felt and saw a Pokémon who friends suddenly disappeared and was left alone and had to grow up without anyone there which caused his heart to become filled with nothing but anger and rage suddenly bacame friends with Ash, a Pokémon who hated all humans because they took his friends life and made him grow up all alone. So in a way, Mewtwo may represent innocence, but not light.

Another Psychic/Dragon Legendary, I really hope not because we already have Latias and Latios, but if Zekrom and Reshiram were to be Dark/Dragon and Light/Dragon, then it would be a start of something new.

I've been Hoping for diffrent versions with different story lines. maybe, instead of the player facing off against an "evil organization" out to capture/use Some all powerful legendary, it'll be the two legendary pokemon vying for domiance, influencing a group or following to act as pawns in their power strugle against one another, forcing the player to eventually confront one of the two depnding on the version. seems like a plausible scenario. good verses evil, both blinded by ambition.. I'd like to see it. ^_^

I actually am looking forward to the idea of having Good Legendary Pokémon (Reshiram) vs. Evil Legendary Pokémon (Zekrom), but suddenly a third Legendary Pokémon appear and calmed the raging Pokémon Reshiram and Zekrom like in Pokémon Emerald when Kyogre and Groudon was in a fierce battle, but then Rayquaza calmed down the two raging beast.

I actually am looking forward to the idea of having Good Legendary Pokémon (Reshiram) vs. Evil Legendary Pokémon (Zekrom), but suddenly a third Legendary Pokémon appear and calmed the raging Pokémon Reshiram and Zekrom like in Pokémon Emerald when Kyogre and Groudon was in a fierce battle, but then Rayquaza calmed down the two raging beast.

Yeah' i like the idea of making them a trio again. So if ever they will make another legendary just like Reshiram and Zekrom maybe it will be Dark/Light type.(if light type will exist)

Maybe the player would need to awaken/capture the mediator and bring it to confront both pokemon before "Pokepocylpse" takes place. first having to gather some necessary relics to trigger the event to gain access to it's temple.

this also makes me wonder what the third games mascot will look like and its typing. maybe a light AND dark pokemon! o_o

True. Back on topic: I'd also like to see the return of a meaner spirited rival. something like paul from the anime or silver from G/S/C/HG/SS and have him play a bigger role in the game. maybe having him attempt to stop you from preventing the clash between Reshiram and Zekrom.

Here's an idea I like, but is HIGHLY unlikely to be put in...

Maybe there are two teams vying for control of the game legendary and you can decide

who you side with. like one is trying to wreak havoc, and the other is trying to save the world with it.

You still face gym leaders (for badges if you're good, and to eliminate obstacles if you're evil)

And instead of the elite four, you face four sub-leaders and main leader of the opposing team.

And yes, I hope beyond hope that they add light type... Doubt it though.

EDIT: I'm also in support of a more mean/evil rival. Or, if my idea comes to pass, on the opposing team.

And to modify my idea, the team you're on could be decided by the game you get.

That would an excellent idea for nintindo to implement in these next games. The flow of the games could use a creative change like that, seeing as how things have been the same events with only a slight variation in each plot to differentiate each new title.

Also, Maybe the rival could start out as a simple trainer you meet, and eventually become the opposing the organizations leader, taking out the old one in order assume control.

I think another beneficial change would be to give the game legendary a deeper background. It always seems like the legends are reveared as far as "powerful" but they almost feel... for lack of a better term.. Mindless and hard to associate with a living, breathing, Sentient being.