Project Pokémon's Forum User Ranks Guide

Greencat

Pretty sure you meant "nuisance" there. ;)

See, perfect example. Don't be "that guy" :kikkoman:

Cool post for all those links. And if you need help, just ask. We might infract for a dumb post. But if you need help before posting, just ask. I have no problem if someone asks me via PM/VM if you're posting in the correct forum or stuff like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to play devil's advocate here and ask, since I was one of the few who didn't see a point in the Creative Badge to begin with - who exactly decides whether or not a person's artwork is "good enough" for that rank? To me it just seems like a bad drama waiting to happen.

The people who have them currently have the strongest suggestion. However, others may recommend the user here, in PM to me, or an AAdmin/Admin. If there is enough people and if the people who agree on it feel they do a wonderful job that is exceptionally well then he or she may receive the badge.

Sorry for not adding Developer sooner. Developer has been added:

hoenn8.png - Developer: User creates and/or helps making either Save, RAM, or ROM editing programs for the use of others.

IRC VOP has been removed as requested from higher up.

The people who have them currently have the strongest suggestion. However, others may recommend the user here, in PM to me, or an AAdmin/Admin. If there is enough people and if the people who agree on it feel they do a wonderful job that is exceptionally well then he or she may receive the badge.

May I recommend giving the badge to Narwhal and telos? They definitely deserve the badge in my opinion.

LOL. There seems to be a deficit of team raters. For one, I think randomspot555 deserves the team rater badge (he does it a lot, as often as Enkidu does or maybe even more). Goldgross too, because he seems to have rated some teams in-depth. Perhaps even GGFan?

custom9.png - Save Editing Contributor: User has made significant contributions to Save Editing programs and/or related subjects but not qualifying as research.

hoenn6.png - Game Save Researcher: User researches info on the game's Save structure and related information.

Just curious, I noiced that on 7/14/2009 2:13 PM CST, Sabresite had both of these ranks, but isn't the definition of Save Contributer that you can't have both of these ranks?

Narwhal already has the Helpful Member badge. If he would like the Creative Member badge, I would suggest he begins to produce high quality work if he wants it. ;)

How exactly would that work if I wanted one? What would I have to do exactly (Not just produce high quality work, explain it please).

How exactly would that work if I wanted one? What would I have to do exactly (Not just produce high quality work, explain it please).

Well, it certainly has to be better quality than this:

ExampleAvatar.png

and even better than this:

MetagrossAvatar.png

Well, it certainly has to be better quality than this:

ExampleAvatar.png

and even better than this:

MetagrossAvatar.png

Okay so in order to get the badge people have to produce extremely beautiful pieces of art? With amazing quality?

naru-chusigoverlayed-1.png

Naru-ChuSig2.png

Canadiensfan.png

DeidaraSignature.png

PokemonfanSignature.png

I'm assuming that I need to work on producing images with better quality than those?

When I supported the creation of this badge, I had no idea that people had to produce artwork that only if deemed "high quality" to gain the badge.

Narwhal already has the Helpful Member badge. If he would like the Creative Member badge, I would suggest he begins to produce high quality work if he wants it. ;)

So you're stating Narwhal hasn't produced anything in high quality yet? Who says that? Who's judging him on the quality of his work saying that its not high quality? Answer that for me please.

I have to play devil's advocate here and ask, since I was one of the few who didn't see a point in the Creative Badge to begin with - who exactly decides whether or not a person's artwork is "good enough" for that rank? To me it just seems like a bad drama waiting to happen.

^

Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm starting to regret supporting the badge.

You said that if enough people , in their opinion, agree that they do a wonderful job that is exceptionally well then they may get the badge. But:

If he would like the Creative Member badge, I would suggest he begins to produce high quality work if he wants it. ;)

You suggest that if he really wants the badge, he should start producing this "high quality" work? Who are you to say that he doesn't already? What if others think differently? I'm pretty sure I can get a ton of people to say that he does already.

Think about this Greencat, some of this really pisses me off. None of this is meant to be hurtful to you in any way, I just really need these things cleared up.

I know I replied on the same thing, but the matter is important to me.

*end rant*

You are not the only people that were convincing greeny for the creative badge. Actually a lot of people in the chat were saying he deserved it however the choice is for greeny to decide and not us. I was dissapointed but that is non of my business.

Ahem, I suppose no one saw my post:

custom9.png - Save Editing Contributor: User has made significant contributions to Save Editing programs and/or related subjects but not qualifying as research.

hoenn6.png - Game Save Researcher: User researches info on the game's Save structure and related information.

Just curious, I noiced that on 7/14/2009 2:13 PM CST, Sabresite had both of these ranks, but isn't the definition of Save Contributer that you can't have both of these ranks?

You are not the only people that were convincing greeny for the creative badge. Actually a lot of people in the chat were saying he deserved it however the choice is for greeny to decide and not us. I was dissapointed but that is non of my business.

Whoa, what? Now I really regret supporting the badge. *is extremely disappointed*

Ahem, I suppose no one saw my post:

Nah, they probably don't have an answer to tell you. I am actually wondering a bit on that matter as well. *is confused*

Well, I'm not going to waste my time quoting others and just sum the whole thing up. I may have contradicted myself once, but only to keep things happy as I usually am and do. If you want the ugly, dress and want me to explain exactly, OK, but you asked.

It can't be some bad work that seems like you put some fancy brushes and slapped on a render or two. It's not just up to me, but also others who feel they deserve it. Of course, you may say "Narwhal and/or So&So make wonderful Avatars!", but have you seen the works of others? Here is something Poryhack has made:

KGrequest4.png

Ask Narwhal or someone else to make something close to that, at least.

As you can see, that is some top-notched work, and maybe you don't have to be that good, but you can try reaching that high. Other's influence the judgement and if talk to people who are honest, they'll tell you it's horrible. Now, you may think it's not horrible because you haven't seen what could be made, but now you see how great some people and saying the sig of Illithian like:

illithiansmudgesig2.pnga

or ちよ父's:

beforeafter2.jpg

is as good as something like this:

ExampleSig.png

then I don't know what to say.

This may have been hurtful to some of you, and I apologize for that, but under the request of others--there is my explanation. I also made the last signature on the bottom to keep from posting someone's work they think is at least good.

Unfortunately, if this continues I will just take down the whole badge and will not support or help push forward badges based around talent and the such to avoid me from having to do this again. Sorry about that, but I just can't. :\

- Greencat

Heh, I guess you now know what I mean now. ;)

By the way, not to see anyone forget, that was made by Poryhack and he has more wonderful work, but I think he already has it posted.

Edit:

The badge has been removed after much discussion in the site's IRC. Sorry to those who have earned it.

Well, I'm not going to waste my time quoting others and just sum the whole thing up. I may have contradicted myself once, but only to keep things happy as I usually am and do. If you want the ugly, dress and want me to explain exactly, OK, but you asked.

It can't be some bad work that seems like you put some fancy brushes and slapped on a render or two. It's not just up to me, but also others who feel they deserve it. Of course, you may say "Narwhal and/or So&So make wonderful Avatars!", but have you seen the works of others? Here is something Poryhack has made:

KGrequest4.png

Ask Narwhal or someone else to make something close to that, at least.

As you can see, that is some top-notched work, and maybe you don't have to be that good, but you can try reaching that high. Other's influence the judgement and if talk to people who are honest, they'll tell you it's horrible. Now, you may think it's not horrible because you haven't seen what could be made, but now you see how great some people and saying the sig of Illithian like:

illithiansmudgesig2.pnga

or ちよ父's:

beforeafter2.jpg

is as good as something like this:

ExampleSig.png

then I don't know what to say.

This may have been hurtful to some of you, and I apologize for that, but under the request of others--there is my explanation. I also made the last signature on the bottom to keep from posting someone's work they think is at least good.

Unfortunately, if this continues I will just take down the whole badge and will not support or help push forward badges based around talent and the such to avoid me from having to do this again. Sorry about that, but I just can't. :\

- Greencat

I never said that the people that already had the badge didn't deserve it. Obviously they are amazing artists. Yea, I know that those selected were some of the best artists on the site, but some people can't be as good as them, so using them for a reference isn't really that great of an idea. That last pic was kinda a low blow Greeny! :\

Heh, I guess you now know what I mean now. ;)

By the way, not to see anyone forget, that was made by Poryhack and he has more wonderful work, but I think he already has it posted.

Edit:

The badge has been removed after much discussion in the site's IRC. Sorry to those who have earned it.

Dem, they're probably gonna hate me now. Oh well...seeing the work of the best artist's on the site, makes me realize that I SUCK! *cry* Oh well, there's room for improvement. I'm sorry everyone for the badges! ...now I feel guilty...