GTS doesn't show wanted level range; replacement carts?

Village Baka

Hello. I've tried making several trades over the GTS in Platinum, but even when I have the right pokemon and gender, it still won't allow me to trade. After dealing with this several time, I realized that the GTS wasn't showing me what level pokemon it requires for any trades. After searching around a bit, I found that there's apparently a glitch present in early North American copies of Platinum that causes the GTS to not display the desired level range, which makes online trading essentially impossible.

I also discovered via Bulbapedia that Nintendo is apparently offering to replace these faulty cartridges if one sends them in. So my question is twofold; if such a replacement program actually existed, is it still available? And if so, where would I need to go to find information about sending my cart in for replacement, i.e. address, what all do I need to send, is there a charge, etc.?

On the side, it seems unlikely but is there an Action Replay code that will fix the problem so I don't have to go and send off my game? Thanks for the help.