how do you make an AR code?

Shasjas

ive read guides on what each line does and hexdecimal and stuff but how (im not sure how to say this) do you actually get the right code for what you want? let say i want a code to give me 10 master balls, how do you find the code for "master ball" and the code for "X10".

i understand how to make a code i just dont understand how you find out the part of the code that is the thing you want done.

sorry if you dont understand what i mean.

• 1 month later...

Well you use coding programs like pokesav if you're a coding noob. What I do to make these codes is open the rom with Nitro Explorer and find the master ball data. Take the offset and run it through Cheat Engine. Now you have an address to run with other programs. If you want it to get done quickly just use NDSdis and the rom.

• 1 year later...

too late for this reply but either way... ill reply

if you've read some guides, chances are you could create your very first 32-bit constant write code, its always good to start on creating item codes for pokemon, Pokemon games has a very established coding system, Hex values are often repeated or recycled in every generations, basically in order for you to find or create a code, you need a software, and a rom, what i use before was no$gba and emucheat or emuhaste but now i use desmume. basically the goal is to isolate a particular code offset by using a particular hex marker, then make a series of changes to your marker like lets say a pokeball is A that is slot 1, do ram search with and the software will give you all offsets that has a value of A, then switch it up like let say your Great Ball is B and is on slot 2 put it on your slot 1, do a ram search again then from the pool of offset that has A value on, will be reduced to all values that has B on it. do process several times and once you have at least 1-3 offsets, thats the time to look closer. take note of those offsets then start trying them. one of these values would you item modifier for slot1 and normally for items its in array so +2 or+ 4 in the offset value would render the quantity of the item or the offset value for item slot 2