Pokemon Emerald"Close but no cigar"

Happiny28

Hey guys...this is my first ever post YAY!!!! but now, and i am so serious about this:Every time i battle a gym leader or may, i always end up with 1-10 hp left..coincidence or is it part of the game?:confused:I don't know yet put ill keep u posted on my gym battles:D

Hey guys...this is my first ever post YAY!!!! but now, and i am so serious about this:Every time i battle a gym leader or may, i always end up with 1-10 hp left..coincidence or is it part of the game?:confused:I don't know yet put ill keep u posted on my gym battles:D

How does your team look like? Are they significantly lower leveled or are you using the wrong moves?

ya I would definately post your team and we will try to help because thats not right at all you should be able to OWN with 1-2 pokes unless like wraith said your using the wrong moves

@eighty4-thats a little harsh....you dont got to be like that offer to help out or just dont post

Please refrain from telling people "You suck." Provide information on how they can improve their situation. If you have nothing good to say, then don't post.

@Happiny28:

It depends heavily on your Pokémon's level. It good to have your Pokémon at least 7 levels higher than surrounding trainers and at least 4 levels higher than the upcoming Gym Leader. This fluctuates throughout DPP (sometimes having your Pokémon 10 levels higher), but try to aim for that and you should be good. ;)

You can also try making sure you have powerful Pokémon because a Kricketune or Bibarel just won't do.

Please refrain from telling people "You suck." Provide information on how they can improve their situation. If you have nothing good to say, then don't post.

@Happiny28:

It depends heavily on your Pokémon's level. It good to have your Pokémon at least 7 levels higher than surrounding trainers and at least 4 levels higher than the upcoming Gym Leader. This fluctuates throughout DPP (sometimes having your Pokémon 10 levels higher), but try to aim for that and you should be good. ;)

You can also try making sure you have powerful Pokémon because a Kricketune or Bibarel just won't do.

10 levels higher in DPP? I was always 1-5 levels underleveled... I seriously don't see where people get their level 60s from when reaching the E4.

He's playing Emerald, so there are no Kricketunes or Bibarels. However, my friend did beat the game with Kricketune as one of his team... but as for Emerald... some stuff just won't do you good like Poochyena. Poochyena is terrible in the beginning AND when he evolves... so don't try him unless you like him or if you want a challenge (I like him and I used him). You can settle for Zigzagoon because he can be useful somehow once he evolves. As for Beautifly and Dustox... consider yourself lucky if you got the former, but not the latter. They're good earlygame, but dwindle later on. Use your starter for the most part... and try to get a Taillow or a Huge Power Marill.

Here's a playthrough of Emerald I started but probably won't finish in a while: CLICK ME <--- warning: somewhat vulgar humor on the description. I hate vulgar humor but I was bored while writing the descriptions, heh heh. Try to see what I did and see where you went wrong. It doesn't matter about your starter choice because all three are good unlike GSC and RBY.

Note: That is NOT my Youtube account. That is my little brother's... but I uploaded it in his because gaming isn't my main interest.

10 levels higher in DPP? I was always 1-5 levels underleveled... I seriously don't see where people get their level 60s from when reaching the E4.

I just beat the E4 on my Platinum literally like 6 hours ago with a 60 Azelf, 60 Torterra, and 60 Staraptor. Use less pokemon, fight everyone, and you'll be way overleveled with the entire pokedex finished at the end. (I cought Giratina, Azelf, and Uxie at that point)

And I used repels from the moment I could buy them. I hate wild pokemon.

I just beat the E4 on my Platinum literally like 6 hours ago with a 60 Azelf, 60 Torterra, and 60 Staraptor. Use less pokemon, fight everyone, and you'll be way overleveled with the entire pokedex finished at the end. (I cought Giratina, Azelf, and Uxie at that point)

And I used repels from the moment I could buy them. I hate wild pokemon.

But I like to have a team of 6... I actually had (I think) 9 usable Pokemon of level 50s during my E4 fight.

Mightyena? That's Okami's favorite Pokemon, I think.

Unfortunately, I WISH he was good, but he really isn't. Limited movepool and lack of physical STAB (dark type moves were special not physical, which was retarded considering moves like BITE or FAINT ATTACK definitely sounded physical) and really low stats didn't work so well. However, he could work in-game (I beat a member of the league with him).

pokemonfan's lil' brother :)

Blah, it didn't matter though. I still beat them with underleveled Pokemon anyhow, but I had a hard time choosing who to use.

Same here. There are way too many good Pokémon just have a party of six. I'm having this problem right now in Platinum. Can't choose. : (